Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For years I always thought he was a defender for most of his career and was surprised to find that he did play for England as a forward!
Shouldn't be spending all this time on a Wendy, at least he was an honest down to earth type player. Also his misstrap, new word, helped me loose half a crown on the 66 FACF. I digress, my info says in his only international he played at 6 in the team line up. He could well have played as a forward but wouldn't have thought at international level. To me he was a Brien Richardson type player, another reason I would have thought he was more of a defender at international level.

With me it was a Buffalo Bill annual with glossy colour plates and a James Bond gold AstonMartin DB7 with ejector seat and machine guns. The batmobile still eludes me.....

View attachment 40830

View attachment 40831

That James Bond car was a thing of beauty. The gold one, if fully working with a decent box, you can expect to pay £150 - £200 now. The silver ones are worth a bit too. Corgi recently re-released both, once again the gold coloured one is rarer and is expected to become more valuable.

Ah yes, the Batmobile, I had one of those as a child. There are a lot of "playworn" ones about that aren't worth much. The missiles go missing, and the front windows are very breakable. A boxed one in nice condition you can expect to pay over £200. The prize pig is the Batmobile / Batboat set. If you find a boxed one and it's under £500, you've done well.

Tried and failed many times
Tell me about it!
But of course it was because my parents never bought me a motor to transform my 6 long green bits loosely 'fastened' to my 10/12 short green bits into a dredger.
Well that or the fact my set didn't have the right screws and nuts :(

Tell me about it!
But of course it was because my parents never bought me a motor to transform my 6 long green bits loosely 'fastened' to my 10/12 short green bits into a dredger.
Well that or the fact my set didn't have the right screws and nuts :(

I quite like the programmes James May does. He's the kind of guy I'd like a pie and a pint with. Anyway, his theory was that Meccano deliberately put a few mistakes in their instructions to test the ingenuity of the builder.

I quite like the programmes James May does. He's the kind of guy I'd like a pie and a pint with. Anyway, his theory was that Meccano deliberately put a few mistakes in their instructions to test the ingenuity of the builder.
Did it come with instructions???
I think I understand now why so many of my pressies came in slightly grubby boxes :confused:

There were definitely offices in a block there. Couldn't tell you what it was called. I think this is the building in the background, upper left

I don't think so SEB Rotherwood Hall would have been off the RHS of this photo as the railway shot from the first photo is Rotherwood sidings.

Did anyone EVER build anything out of Meccano? :oops:
(Your Dad's don't count)
I didn’t, but I remember me mate saying his Dad built some football ground from it on the outskirts of South Barnsley. He said his Dad was worried about how it couldn’t stop rusting though...

He said his Dad was worried about how it couldn’t stop rusting though...

MASSIVE fcuck up.

b_buckets.jpg

If Carlsberg made buckets.

My favourite picture yet by miles and now my screensaver. This is my stomping ground ,my home ,where I grew up. My best mates lived around the corner from clarksons shop ,then back over the bridge who remembers ,Banhams ,Groves ,Raffos ,Woods ,Victoria Wine all we needed to survive and then Gilberts carpet steps in front of Charlie Browns which as our meeting point. Great times ,great people ,that picture is so nostalgic ,love it.

Back
Top Bottom