Player Suggestion Ehrun Oztumer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Wilder and co would get the best out of him. Whoever gets the best out of him will have a very good player on their hands. I really think he'd be a quality free transfer. He could play off a striker or maybe in the Duffy role. In a different formation he could play on either wing. It would be a real bonus to have someone his size at the top of the pitch. It would be interesting seeing him in a team where there's less pressure on him to be the creative spark - that could possibly lead to more goals.
Aye, I agree.

Cannot wait for Oztumer to sign for Bolton to stop this message board wanting to sign him. Same goes for Ameobi.

He’s not strong and not quick. Duffy is not the quickest but at least can mix it a bit and physically hold his own.

Just not sure what the fuss is about Oztumer - hence why I’m not surprised if he ends up at someone like Bolton!

If he was as excellent as everyone on here says there would be a lot of competition for him. He’s joining the second worse team
In the championship. (Rotherham last)

Neither Oztumer or Ameobi are consistent enough.

Show the odd glimpse of quality, and that`s what people see on highlight shows, but over 90 minutes, not for me...or Wilder.

You're probably right - there must be some reason why the better clubs don't want him. However scoring 16 goals from midfield for a team that almost got relegated sounds pretty consistent to me!
The reason for me is the better teams have got loads of £'s to spend and thats what they going to do,imagine you are a top team fan and your club signs Erhun,shoe's would be off.

He will be back to bite us on the arse this season im sure.

The reason for me is the better teams have got loads of £'s to spend and thats what they going to do,imagine you are a top team fan and your club signs Erhun,shoe's would be off.

He will be back to bite us on the arse this season im sure.

Aye but how many teams missed a coup when we signed John Fleck of League One Coventry for nowt - as a comparison. I'm not saying that Otzumer is a world beater and having watched him play he's not blessed with pace and not does he take his man on but he can shoot from distance and can pick a pass well. He's probably most like Duffy, so maybe that's why Wilder thinks we've already got that type. I'd rather us sign Maddison to be honest from Peterborough but I think we might just leave it as it is unless Brooks goes.

My only fear is Brooks leaves late in the window and then we may well have missed out on a few and are then left scrambling around for a loan signing.

As you say he'll no doubt do well against us next season!

Aye but how many teams missed a coup when we signed John Fleck of League One Coventry for nowt - as a comparison. I'm not saying that Otzumer is a world beater and having watched him play he's not blessed with pace and not does he take his man on but he can shoot from distance and can pick a pass well. He's probably most like Duffy, so maybe that's why Wilder thinks we've already got that type. I'd rather us sign Maddison to be honest from Peterborough but I think we might just leave it as it is unless Brooks goes.

My only fear is Brooks leaves late in the window and then we may well have missed out on a few and are then left scrambling around for a loan signing.

We have Ricky Holmes who is a better player than him already.

You're probably right - there must be some reason why the better clubs don't want him. However scoring 16 goals from midfield for a team that almost got relegated sounds pretty consistent to me!
Yeah - if you think about all the things clubs look at before signing a player there must be something on that list that has put 'bigger' clubs off going in for him. Whether its medical related, tactical awareness, attitude etc etc I don't know but there has to be something.

I would have agreed with that pre Holmes signing but why has Wilder hardly used him!? That still perplexes me to be honest. Wilder must have his reasons.

I would have agreed with that pre Holmes signing but why has Wilder hardly used him!? That still perplexes me to be honest. Wilder must have his reasons.

It’s not a question of if he’s using him or not. He obviously believes Holmes is a better player than Oztumer. If holmes isn’t playing for us it looks like Oztumer would be even further behind him.

It’s not a question of if he’s using him or not. He obviously believes Holmes is a better player than Oztumer. If holmes isn’t playing for us it looks like Oztumer would be even further behind him.

I'm not saying we should sign Otzumer. But I don't get why Wilder chased Holmes for so long and then hardly played him. I hope Holmes gets more game time next season. Back to Otzumer and I think Otzumer could go a great job for someone though at Championship level.

Erhun has 10 yard pace coupled with skill,thats what all good players have.
I dont agree,its all about opinions,Holmes is a headless chicken version of Oztumer.................i would swop em tommorow.

I dont agree,its all about opinions,Holmes is a headless chicken version of Oztumer.................i would swop em tommorow.

Serious question as you seem to have a strong opinion on Oztumer, how often have you seen him play?

The best offer he's got is from Bolton - what does that tell you? Either every club above them are missing a trick or nobody thinks he's better than they've already got.

I must admit I'm a little surprised he's not have more offers from Champ clubs - perhaps it's another case of 'Nathan Byrne syndrome' - he looks a world beater against Utd but nothing special against others. If players were scouted solely on performances against Utd, Bakayoko from Walsall and that Spanish kid who scored 4 against us for Stevenage would be in their respective World Cup squads.

The best offer he's got is from Bolton - what does that tell you? Either every club above them are missing a trick or nobody thinks he's better than they've already got.

I must admit I'm a little surprised he's not have more offers from Champ clubs - perhaps it's another case of 'Nathan Byrne syndrome' - he looks a world beater against Utd but nothing special against others. If players were scouted solely on performances against Utd, Bakayoko from Walsall and that Spanish kid who scored 4 against us for Stevenage would be in their respective World Cup squads.
Byrne was the stand out player for me when Wigan beat Citeh,another midget who will give us grief this season.

It seems CW doesn’t want too. Which for SUFC is all that matters. My opinion is same as CWs time will tell.

#107 is the answer,just ask yourself how many times have you seen Holmes play for us.

Why are you going on about Holmes? I’ve not even mentioned him.

I’m genuinely interested in how many times you’ve seen Oztumer play. You’ve been an advocate of us signing him for a while now and I wondered what that was based on.

I’ve seen Oztumer play against us 6 times. For Petrborough twice and Walsall 4 times. At least it feels like it. It was enough anyhow. He’s impressed me every time. He scored 17 last season, 15 the season before. Not bad for someone who is an attacking midfielder more than an out and out striker. They nickname him “The Turkish Messi” - he’s maybe not quite at that level but he’s very good and I think he’d be an asset to us. And he wouldn’t cost a lot. Definitely worth a punt imo.

Just because he’s not played for a big club yet doesn’t mean much. The lad has got great ability and I think he’d be a crowd favourite here. He’s got bags of skill and is a very intelligent player.

Maybe we’ll never find out? I’d like to think we will though!

I’m genuinely interested in how many times you’ve seen Oztumer play. You’ve been an advocate of us signing him for a while now and I wondered what that was based on.
Seen him about the same amount as Cerberus Blade

But its puzzling to me why i and others "have had to have seen him" to think he is a very good player.

Never seen Neymar and the like either in the flesh but they are top players.

Seen him about the same amount as Cerberus Blade

But its puzzling to me why i and others "have had to have seen him" to think he is a very good player.

Never seen Neymar and the like either in the flesh but they are top players.

You really can’t understand why you might have to have seen a player to know whether he’s any good?

Neymar isn’t exactly a good comparison now is it.

I think CW has seen Holmes play a lot! Seen as though it’s the second time he has signed him.

I’ve seen Oztumer play against us 6 times. For Petrborough twice and Walsall 4 times. At least it feels like it. It was enough anyhow. He’s impressed me every time. He scored 17 last season, 15 the season before. Not bad for someone who is an attacking midfielder more than an out and out striker. They nickname him “The Turkish Messi” - he’s maybe not quite at that level but he’s very good and I think he’d be an asset to us. And he wouldn’t cost a lot. Definitely worth a punt imo.

Just because he’s not played for a big club yet doesn’t mean much. The lad has got great ability and I think he’d be a crowd favourite here. He’s got bags of skill and is a very intelligent player.

Maybe we’ll never find out? I’d like to think we will though!

Added to which, Jake Wright has never played at a top club but he didn't do too badly when called upon, and seemed to take the step up in his stride, at times looking the most comfortably experienced player we have.

Back
Top Bottom