Big week ahead ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Melton Blade

Reaction score
Fulham looking very strong - we are maybe chasing just the one place.

Brizzle have a tough 7 days, at Leeds, home to Fulham & across the Severn to Cardiff.

4 points a minimum for us, I feel or maybe 6 points out of 9 including trip to Reading.

Brooksy return gives us that bit of flair we've been missing especially against 3x lower half teams.

UTB

Tuesday will be tough. QPR have a tendency of turning up agains the bigger/better teams in the league, so it won’t be as easy as their league position suggests.

We should still be winning the next two, but our home form has been poor.

We can't dick around, 6 points and we'll be in there. 4 we'll be more or less as we are, any less and we'll probably be losing ground.

If we can't start putting teams like QPR and Hull to the sword consistently, the season will slip away from us very soon, and it'll be mid table for us.

We've over achieved, I'd have taken that in August, consolidation etc...

Wilder has also mentioned that now is the time that we need to go on a run. He knows it and its now or never re the play off push. We've had our blip in Dec and Jan, now we need to push on. I'm looking for Utd to win every game from now on (though I'd settle for a draw down at Fulham). Up to Utd now.

Next 4 games on paper are all winnable. QPR poor away from home, Hull poor, Reading on a dreadful run of form and Burton are poor.

On early season form, we'd be looking for 12 points.

I would be looking for 7-9 points from these games. 7 should be the least we get, but anything can happen in football. We need to start strongly and capitalise on our opponents' poor form/morale.

9 points from the next 12 or a slow meander towards mid table and season over in April is my view. Now we don't have "momentum" we need to build some back up. A strong finish to the season regardless of qualifying for the play-offs would give us a huge lift having had a poor middle period. We can show that we are around on merit and that teams haven't "worked us out".

I'm not saying it's a bad season, however there's no point getting to where we are now and capitulating, Wilder won't want that and hopefully the players won't either.

Iv got a horrible feeling negative nige will turn up "with a point" put 43 men behind the ball and somehow one of his lumbering oafs bundle one in from a corner in the last minute causing mayhem with the huge away following of 67.

Apart from my negativity caused by nige, I think wel start stringing wins together and I still fancy us for the top six.

Iv got a horrible feeling negative nige will turn up "with a point" put 43 men behind the ball and somehow one of his lumbering oafs bundle one in from a corner in the last minute causing mayhem with the huge away following of 67.

Apart from my negativity caused by nige, I think wel start stringing wins together and I still fancy us for the top six.
I think we'll take a lot more than 67

Tuesday is my biggest fear. Have we won a game without Fleck and Coutts this season?

I want us to win every game of course and the next four are all deeply winnable.

But: This may not be a popular viewpoint, but I don't think we are ready for promotion at this stage and another season at this level would not be the worst thing that could happen. Then it is all about strengthening in the summer, hopefully with these off-field shenanigans sorted out in a positive fashion by then.

I want us to win every game of course and the next four are all deeply winnable.

But: This may not be a popular viewpoint, but I don't think we are ready for promotion at this stage and another season at this level would not be the worst thing that could happen. Then it is all about strengthening in the summer, hopefully with these off-field shenanigans sorted out in a positive fashion by then.
It would be easier to strengthen with £100m in the bank

We have had a good season up to now, but it would be a shame to not make the most of the position we were in and miss out on the play offs.

I believe we are a better side than Preston, Bristol and Derby, and more than able to compete with Villa who I feel have been very lucky recently.

So we have to stop with the self congratulating on how we have done in our first season and push these lads for more...I believe they are capable of more and able to get us into the lottery.
Starting Tuesday we need to be going after teams again, passing the ball like we did early season and beating teams with patience and energy as well as our under appreciated ability of keeping the ball.

QPR away form since beginning of December not too grand.

Two victories... Birmingham City & Burton Albion.

Defeats at Preston N.E. ... Millwall, Bristol City & Wolverhampton Wanderers...

Lydonometer predicting a Home win, by two clear goals on Tuesday.

We may not be ready currently, but the point of going up is to strengthen again with the funds available with the promotion.
Our squad is at around 50% with players capable of playing premier league IMHO.

2 good quality strikers, a fit Coutts back to his best and a centre half or two and we have a premier league side good enough to compete. Even if we go down, done responsibly and sensibly we rebuild and go up again.
The value of just one seasons premier league cash cannot be understated if you have the management team capable of utilising that advantage

We may not be ready currently, but the point of going up is to strengthen again with the funds available with the promotion.
Our squad is at around 50% with players capable of playing premier league IMHO.

2 good quality strikers, a fit Coutts back to his best and a centre half or two and we have a premier league side good enough to compete. Even if we go down, done responsibly and sensibly we rebuild and go up again.
The value of just one seasons premier league cash cannot be understated if you have the management team capable of utilising that advantage

I don't disagree with any of that in principle. In practice though I see clubs that are not quite ready for promotion to the Premiership starting to struggle, panicking and then sacking the manager before bringing in someone from the cab rank of managers who can 'do a job' avoiding relegation.

I suppose what I'm saying is I want Wilder to get us to the Premiership under conditions that give us the best possible prospects of staying there for more than a single season, and for Wilder himself to thrive and prosper rather than getting the Spanish Archer after eight months to be replaced by the likes of Tony Pulis.

I remember a pig saying that towards the end of the season that Carlos came in. Look how that turned out.

If we can get an early goal Tuesday, we may be ok. But I think they will be very negative and frustrate us. Don't think it will be an attractive free flowing game.

QPR on Tuesday is huge, need to win that one but it will be no easy task,

Holloway teams are like Warnock teams away from home very organised, horrible to watch and a nightmare to play against.

Fleck is a big miss, whoever steps in be it Lundstrum or Leonard needs to have a big game.

Good result that

4 points behind 6th with a game in hand. I'll take it, especially when on Porktalk they were already suffering from premature ejaculation when Brizzle went two up, spouting that we are 6 points outside a play-off spot.................................Wankers!

I'm pretty pleased with our run in, never mind the next week. As we stand tonight for our 15 games remaining we play 9 of the bottom 12 and 6 in the top half. If we approach things in the right way I'm quite confident we can battle away against the bottom half teams who'll be scrapping like fuck and if our luck can change a bit we might lose some but we are quite capable of winning against any of them. Of the 6 teams in the top half we play 4 of our key rivals, Fulham, Preston, Cardiff and Bristol City for a playoff spot, potentially proper 6 pointers, which is crucial seeing as we are playing catch-up. Believe, we're still in this.

I'm hopeful we can get back into the play offs and (if we don't have a mega run of form) that Fulham are the other automatic promoted side. Not saying we can't 'do them' but when they turn up they'd be a match for Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom