CONFIRMED Ryan Leonard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Crazy to build a 21000 seater stadium when you only average 7000 a game.

Crazy to build a 21000 seater stadium when you only average 7000 a game.
We average 7k when we're having a bad season. When we're up there and challenging we can reckon on 9/10k home gates regularly in FL1. When we last ventured into the Championship we sold out literally every home game. In theory our current capacity is 12,400. The theory is that if we reach that level again then we will start to chip away at the prem goers in the town, specifically West Ham.

Anyway, back to Mr Leonard, whats holding things up? Anyone know?

We average 7k when we're having a bad season. When we're up there and challenging we can reckon on 9/10k home gates regularly in FL1. When we last ventured into the Championship we sold out literally every home game. In theory our current capacity is 12,400. The theory is that if we reach that level again then we will start to chip away at the prem goers in the town, specifically West Ham.

I suspect they're waiting for other signings to be confirmed before announcing 2 or 3 at the same time, plus the fact it's the derby on Friday, so will want to keep any cards close to the chest.

Leonard signing will be announced when the teamsheet is released. Keep the pigs guessing.
I'm fully expecting him to be on the bench for this game when he eventually signs. Should it be announced just before KO then I reckon he'll be a suprise starter.

Announced with Wilson tomorrow apparently (Twitter)

Still a bit bonkers, it’s going to be half full at best for most games. It would be like us building a 70,000 seater stadium.

I heard they've been working on his announcement video all day but can't stop him saying "massive club" or "it's great to join Sheffield". They're thinking of over dubbing it but can't decide between using Clarke, Duffy or Knill for the voiceover.

They're at Shirecliffe waiting for the Dr to arrive, but he's got to finish his Paige Hall Surgery first.

Unfortunately, there are at least 15 Romanians, 4 Lithuanians, 7 Russians and a pregnant Pole ahead of the Lendog, expect the announcement in the early hours, call outs permitting :(

Still a bit bonkers, it’s going to be half full at best for most games. It would be like us building a 70,000 seater stadium.
Quite probably, but.............British Land are his partners in this venture and they are funding and building the retail park side. The ground itself is being built by Ron and the current intention is that the main stand will not be built until Roots Hall has been sold and built on. So it's not impossible that we will be playing in a three sided stadium at the start and that will reduce the capacity by quite a bit. Now that really is bonkers. I'm praying that his plans will change on that front.

Quite probably, but.............British Land are his partners in this venture and they are funding and building the retail park side. The ground itself is being built by Ron and the current intention is that the main stand will not be built until Roots Hall has been sold and built on. So it's not impossible that we will be playing in a three sided stadium at the start and that will reduce the capacity by quite a bit. Now that really is bonkers. I'm praying that his plans will change on that front.

Blades know what it’s like having a 3 sided ground.

This isn't happening is it. Our present transfer negotiator has refused his agent's requests for a bowl of midget gems in the dressing room and his own monogrammed towel. The sooner CW does the negotiating the better for this club.

This isn't happening is it. Our present transfer negotiator has refused his agent's requests for a bowl of midget gems in the dressing room and his own monogrammed towel. The sooner CW does the negotiating the better for this club.
Who does he think he is?

Fucking Beyoncé?

Send the fucker back if he wants to be a prima donna

Not that I am a pessimistic glass half empty bloke normally :rolleyes:;) but this delay smells of something gone wrong and parties working to find a face saving explanation. You heard it here first.

Probably find the medical revealed Lendog had an ingrowing toenail and we reduced the bid by £500k to cover future medical bills.

Back
Top Bottom