Middlesbrough v. Sheffield United - 12/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When will they bring in video replays. Who doesn't want video replays?

bullshit bullshit bullshit

It wouldn't of been a defeat that was that hard to swallow until that.

Apart from the ridiculous decision to rob us of a point, we were well off the pace all day.

We need to be so much better to get anything from Cardiff.

It sums up what we're up against. Assombalonga £15m who was subbed for Fletcher (£5m). Rudy Gestede £6m. Johnny Howson £5m. But it looks like what we're really up against is 'homer' refs. As in the 2006/07 season, this drip-drip of piss-poor decisions will cost us dear.

It's going to take 8 to 10 games to get up to speed in this division. We definitely will need signings before the end of the transfer window.

They've just shown another angle at the same time showing him offside.

But there was noway that the offside view was in tandem with the one we saw initially.

Dodgy as fuck.

Fleck looks like he's struggling with the pace of the game so far for me in the last two games.

He's been sluggish all pre-season. I wonder how much he drank over summer. So sloppy, bad decisions and so slow to react.

Sky have just shown a different angle of the 'offside' which 'proves' that the linesman got it right but what they didn't say was that the angle shown was from before the ball was kicked. O'Connell was in an offside position in that image but he stepped inside before the ball was kicked.

Hang on he's worth10 million. Reality check guys

But there was noway that the offside view was in tandem with the one we saw initially.

Dodgy as fuck.

I've just said the same thing. The comparison of the 2 images wasn't right if you look at the position on the other players. The 'offside' image was from before the ball was kicked

I wonder about Basham.

Yes, he always gives 100% but does he have the quality at this level? To soon to judge after just two games, we will see.

Billy hardly got a kick.

There will be easier matches.

HH

Dodgy as fuck.

Spot on.

Ched was another step forward by which time the Boro defender had moved 2 inches forward.

Joke by Sky.

Apart from the ridiculous decision to rob us of a point, we were well off the pace all day.

We need to be so much better to get anything from Cardiff.

Off the pace?
Were you expecting us to dominate from start to finish?

We were playing a team who were 2 divisions above us last season, & one of the favourites to win the title this season. Of course they're going to have more of the ball, they have better, faster & fitter players.

1st half no we weren't great, but 2nd half I'd argue we we're the better team, couldn't ask for any more than that. If it wasn't for 1 shocking decision from the linesman we'd all be waxing lyrical over a brilliant point!

Stupid Sky say it WAS off side, to prove it by showing a split screen, BUT both pictures where not the same frame!

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    968.6 KB · Views: 26
Off the pace?
Were you expecting us to dominate from start to finish?

We were playing a team who were 2 divisions above us last season, & one of the favourites to win the title this season. Of course they're going to have more of the ball, they have better, faster & fitter players.

1st half no we weren't great, but 2nd half I'd argue we we're the better team, couldn't ask for any more than that. If it wasn't for 1 shocking decision from the linesman we'd all be waxing lyrical over a brilliant point!
I was expecting us to compete more and believe in ourselves more. Composure was lacking

It sums up what we're up against. Assombalonga £15m who was subbed for Fletcher (£5m). Rudy Gestede £6m. Johnny Howson £5m. But it looks like what we're really up against is 'homer' refs. As in the 2006/07 season, this drip-drip of piss-poor decisions will cost us dear.

It's going to take 8 to 10 games to get up to speed in this division. We definitely will need signings before the end of the transfer window.
£44 million they have spent this window.

In fact we've just got it back on freeze frame and it's nothing short of fucking laughable how they're trying to pass off both frames as at the exact same time.

Almost every player and the linesman have different bodily positions.

Fuck off Prutton and fuck off Sky.

Great response second half. Full credit to them.

I may get shot down for this, but these are the games this season where anything is a bonus for me. After the first half I felt the gulf was clear but our response was terrific.

Whatever the possession stats are there can't be much difference in real chances created and we got robbed at the end (although in fairness I'm not sure it was free kick).

That linesman made two absolutely shocking decisions.

Nonetheless I think we're looking ok enough.
Spot on mate. I thought we give as good as we got in the second half and I can only recall Blackman making one very routine save all game. That's against the favourites who've spent £millions away from home lest we forget.

We need more fire power to be promotion contenders.
The only difference between the two sides was Assombalonga.

Credit to them, they keep the ball very well, but were no more creative than us. Their long balls were more dangerous due to the pace they had to run in behind. We need that option.

May be controversial here, but for me Lavery is nowhere near, and Sharp will be ineffective in many games this season.
Striker is top priority.

I've never celebrated a disallowed goal for so long. It was only when I saw the Middlesbrough fans celebrating that the penny dropped!

Grrrrrrr is all I can comment at the moment!! We was robbed. Shitty lino needs shooting imo. In immediate reflection, we have to get used to this as we move up the league. And to come away from multi million Boro, feeling robbed, not many teams will do that this season. Chin up and keep buggering on.

They were a lot better than us on and off the ball. It was off the ball that was particularly disappointing.

The decision at the end was ridiculous because even if he had been just off (which he wasn't) there's no way the fucking lino could have been sure.

Big lesson was how little time we were given on the ball - Fleck and Coutts were just not used to that - last season they just strolled around in space.

Overall, we probably deserved to lose but Jamal wasn't troubled apart from him and Bash making one bad decision and hopefully the feeling of injustice will fire us up a bit more for Tuesday.

When you think of JOC's eye on Wed night and his 100% today though you really have to love the bastard!

Nil desperandum - The Magic is Returning

Back
Top Bottom