Middlesbrough v. Sheffield United - 12/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would move bash into midfield and go for a 41212. Bamford is getting too much room inbetween the lines. Sit basham on him. Keep bamford quiet and it nullifies most of their attacks.

I agree. However I think we will keep this shape and we will see Lundstram come on for Carruthers and go a little more defensive.

Hope not though as these are far too good in the final 3rd only chance we have here is by getting it down and getting it forward they can't attack if they are defending

If I was to make a change I'd bring Evans in for Clarke. It takes away that temptation to go long

Well they say goals change games, and there goal certainly did.

The one on Sky. From a bar in Turkey. I did qualify my statement by saying we should get it on the floor. But in general, they have bypassed the midfield playing 3 up front and looking for percentage bullying football. Am I the only one who sees this? Tufty will adjust 2nd half and we'll see. They have exposed our weaknesses well. Let's also see how fit they are.

Half time analysis.

We started ok, they were nothing special and really gave them a goal. Their forward line is full of pace and strength, something we miss without a doubt, and highlights IMHO why Sharp is struggling.
He's hardly had a kick, and shows the different type of player he is.
Fleck started ok, but not had much ball and it seems we have had a clear plan to hit longer balls to the wing backs from Coutts and the back three, I suspect to try and avoid their diamond midfield and lack of width in the middle. We have worked hard high up the pitch, and the problem with this is that you have to have your defence going with them to compress the space left by your forwards. The problem at that point is we lack pace at the back to deal with their forwards and are very susceptible to a ball in behind.

I reckon Wilder will change things, Bash might move into midfield and adopt a back 4. We need more pace up front, and Ched will get game time if we continue to go after the game. But not a lot else in the bench which can change things a great deal, but they aren't amazing, just very strong up front.

First 20mins we did well, high pressed, and nullified them. As soon as they got in their stride we stopped doing the basics. Why??

End of the day, £40+m spent on them. Undisclosed spent on us.

Im sure i heard bad luck ****er Jonathan say,is Gestede on the pitch he has not touched the ball yet,wispered to myself,first touch he has he will bag a goal,and low and behold,Basham does an Alcock and Gestede has an easy header.
mad.png

Personally I think we played so well first half. We are playing a good team who were taken aback first 20 minutes and we gave away a goal against the run of play, personal error by Bash - played them onside then teed it up.

Clarke wated a great chance and we deserved a goal at that time.

We are showing composure and belief. Keep your own faith. We are a good team.

If I was to make a change I'd bring Evans in for Clarke. It takes away that temptation to go long

Trouble is though mate there's zero service into the front two after the first 10 minutes.

I think Hanson, if there, would give us a better outlet today.

on the plus side we are normally a better 2nd half side, wont be downhearted if we lose today, deep down i probably expected it, but i will be disappointed if we go down not fighting

Personally I think we played so well forst half. We are playing a good team who were taken aback first20 minutes and we gave away a goal against the run of play, personal etror by Bash - played them onside then teed it up.

Clark wated a great chance and we feserved a goal at that time.

We are showing composure and belief. Keep your own faith. We are a good team.

No criticism from me about the team, but after 10 minutes they totally dominated us.

We don't seem to have any shape to our play. Perhaps we are seeing the reality of playing against a team that has just had £43m spent on it against our - what? - maybe £1m? Hopefully Tufty will sort things soon.

Better players working harder.

Bamford and Assombolonga different class. Gstedt is an animal.

We only get back into this with desire.

Ched has desire at present. Put him on for Billy after 15. Coutts is poor when he isn't given time. Lundstram is obvious replacement, but he was poor on Wednesday.

Glad I'm not a manager!

Trouble is though mate there's zero service into the front two after the first 10 minutes.

I think Hanson, if there, would give us a better outlet today.

Think you misunderstood me here. Nothing against Clarke but the back 4 inc Blackman look up and aim for Clarke as he's the "big man" and we were knocking hopeful balls upto him. Take him out the equation and you take away the option to go long.

I agree. However I think we will keep this shape and we will see Lundstram come on for Carruthers and go a little more defensive.

Hope not though as these are far too good in the final 3rd only chance we have here is by getting it down and getting it forward they can't attack if they are defending
What sit even for the back.. we need a commanding mod to take hold of it that's what's missing.. too may long balls and no outlet in mid.. Carothers is making far too many mistakes in that role, losing position

What sit even for the back.. we need a commanding mod to take hold of it that's what's missing.. too may long balls and no outlet in mid.. Carothers is making far too many mistakes in that role, losing position

Where have I suggested I want that to happen? Saying that's what I see happening. And yes Carruthers has been poor. Maybe a swap for Duffy

Glad he's made that sub..let's try unlock them..

Clarke is certainly working harder so far this season

Over run in midfield, Coutts not doing his job, not covering - not pushing forward, too slow, passing stupid little 5 yard passes :/

Rubbish.
He's doing his job. Forwards not.
Should we just lump it then eh?

Coutts should be pushing forward! Two crossfiild balls where ok, but he keeps plays the easy ball (mostly backwards) all the time better second half so far, I would like to see us have a shot though!

Randolph has been outstanding collected everything we have lobbed into the box hopefully we realise this at some point and try something different

Back
Top Bottom