Wilder to baggiges

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting seeing a lot of their fans saying they don't want wilder as he is miserable, plays negative defensive football and is shocking with money.

Think his reputation is quite tarnished from this season and it would have actually served Wilder better to stick with us and get us back up
It would he’s at risk of falling into the narrative category of managers good enough to get you up but not keep you up. His next job needs to be united levels of success but sustained at the top level.

This we will never know,
My point was why chuck the towel in with us

Write this year off we go again and build proper legacy be here for 10 years become the best manager we have ever had by a mile

Instead he fucked it off cause he wanted to run the transfers the ticket office and the food kiosk on the kop

If he fancied the chance to be another legend somewhere, Sunderland.

They might fancy him if they don't win promotion and they decide to part with Johnson, but on the flip side CW probably won't want to go from leaving a Prem club all the way back down to L1 .

They're 2-0 down already from the first leg.

He was rumoured as possibly joining them that summer following our L1 title.

I thought the agreement with his departure from the Club was that he couldn't take a job for 6 months = September ?

Reading the above it looks like CW has been leaving ever since promotion from Div 1 don’t know how true these rumours are but it sound great if true, I guess that there’s no substance in it?

I thought the agreement with his departure from the Club was that he couldn't take a job for 6 months = September ?

If a club want him they'll pay the money back to Utd

They might fancy him if they don't win promotion and they decide to part with Johnson, but on the flip side CW probably won't want to go from leaving a Prem club all the way back down to L1 .

They're 2-0 down already from the first leg.

He was rumoured as possibly joining them that summer following our L1 title.

I think league one would he a massive backwards step for him tbh.

I'm struggling getting my head around Wilder's thinking mentality if he is indeed interested in the West Bromwich job. If he resigned from us due to outside interference on how the future of the club should be run, then I cannot see any club, not only in the Prem, but also most in the Championship where he will get as much freedom then what he had with United.. I'm sure he had that freedom with us on the way up to the Prem, but as soon as we arrived in this multi million pound haven, then the owner and board then needed to take back some control and rightly so. I simply cannot see how he'll fit in working for another club within the top two divisions and I'm also sure that should he find such a job, when things aren't going in his favour, he'll pack his bags and leave.

Actually, I agree with some posters above, if Sunderland don't get out of Div.1 this season, I can see their board wanting new management and providing they can offer CW free reign both on and off the field with a decent package, I can see him going for it. Wilder seems to excel with this type of job where an owner is willing to give him full control in return for instant promotion, so I believe he is best suited for a lower league club with ambition and Sunderland will have that in spades.

I'm struggling getting my head around Wilder's thinking mentality if he is indeed interested in the West Bromwich job. If he resigned from us due to outside interference on how the future of the club should be run, then I cannot see any club, not only in the Prem, but also most in the Championship where he will get as much freedom then what he had with United.. I'm sure he had that freedom with us on the way up to the Prem, but as soon as we arrived in this multi million pound haven, then the owner and board then needed to take back some control and rightly so. I simply cannot see how he'll fit in working for another club within the top two divisions and I'm also sure that should he find such a job, when things aren't going in his favour, he'll pack his bags and leave.

Actually, I agree with some posters above, if Sunderland don't get out of Div.1 this season, I can see their board wanting new management and providing they can offer CW free reign both on and off the field with a decent package, I can see him going for it. Wilder seems to excel with this type of job where an owner is willing to give him full control in return for instant promotion, so I believe he is best suited for a lower league club with ambition and Sunderland will have that in spades.
Can't see Sunderland sacking Johnson yet, he's not had long there. Also Albion have chased Wilder before as we all know, I can't see why he won't succed there.

Back
Top Bottom