Wilder to baggiges

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting seeing a lot of their fans saying they don't want wilder as he is miserable, plays negative defensive football and is shocking with money.

Think his reputation is quite tarnished from this season and it would have actually served Wilder better to stick with us and get us back up

You have to say engineered his own sacking

According to Adrian Chiles on 5live the WBA owners are wanting to sell the club.

Because the players were letting him down week in week out? Because he had some major issues with how the club was run and with the owners? Because fans were turning on him? Because his reputation was getting damaged? Because we were setting records for being so wank? Because he was flirting with some sort of mental breakdown?
And his crap signings weren't doing the business 👍

Interesting seeing a lot of their fans saying they don't want wilder as he is miserable, plays negative defensive football and is shocking with money.

Think his reputation is quite tarnished from this season and it would have actually served Wilder better to stick with us and get us back up
This.

He won't get another PL gig without getting a team up himself due to the shambles of this season.

He also won't be getting his own way in the transfer market either. His new club won't be allowing him free reign like he had here.

If West Brom is a huge rebuild and a poisoned chalice I dread to think what that makes us.

The current owners wouldn't back Bilic in the PL and then wouldn't agree to back Allardyce for a promotion push.

They have too many players over the age of 30, 4 decent players will return to their parent clubs and the 2 or 3 players that have performed this season will move on to better in the close season.

I'm not denying that we've not got problems, but I'd rather be at BDTBL than the Hawthornes next season.

Because the players were letting him down week in week out? Because he had some major issues with how the club was run and with the owners? Because fans were turning on him? Because his reputation was getting damaged? Because we were setting records for being so wank? Because he was flirting with some sort of mental breakdown?
Nail on head a bit.... Wilder will prob do OK at West Brom. It probably helps that they need a bit of a rebuild in the summer, means can get some fresh signings in.

Wonder if there is anyone he'd look at from us? I mean I'm sure he'd be up for getting the likes of Baldock, Fleck, Basham, Egan, McGoldrick etc. But unlikely we are going to let them go to WBA.

The current owners wouldn't back Bilic in the PL and then wouldn't agree to back Allardyce for a promotion push.

They have too many players over the age of 30, 4 decent players will return to their parent clubs and the 2 or 3 players that have performed this season will move on to better in the close season.

I'm not denying that we've not got problems, but I'd rather be at BDTBL than the Hawthornes next season.
I read that Bilic’s transfer budget was £20m and I think that seems about right without going back and checking who they signed for money. Never gave him a chance. Since these owners bought the club from Peace, they’ve just fucked it up. I suspect all they really care about is getting their money back, or as much of it as possible.

got a feeling this will get shut down early doors, i'd imagine he wants a break from footy and WBA won't tempt him..... but also what do i know!

Wilder needs to go to a club that will let him run the whole show, unfortunately I think that will mean the lower leagues. A team of misfits and free transfers only works for so long, when it comes to the time to up the stakes Chris will be found wanting again as he was last season. Wilder risks becoming the modern day Warnock.

I dont believe the system is broken re the overlapping centre backs, what was broken, the failure to have adequate cover (JOC), problem is the media have helped build CW's profile on that system, this season he persisted with that system, now he might well have fans at Palace and WBA that want t o implement that system, but at what cost, how many players will they have to buy to suit it, and how long before its second nature? Likewise and with all due respect to CW, if he is interviewed and states he is not bound by his system and can play 442 or any other formation, the question is likely to be, so why didnt you?

If he fancied the chance to be another legend somewhere, Sunderland.

They’re 100% in a more favourable position to push for promotion next season than us in my opinion based on quality of the squad alone, and we have a much bigger losing mentality at the minute. It’d be interesting to see the wage differences between the two, for the vast majority of players I reckon West Brom would be a far more favourable move than to come here. We’ll see in the summer I guess. The prince has a lot to sort out.

Because he now has to rebuild his reputation a little bit, whilst his stock is still good, it has taken a hit, whatever job he takes I shall always wish him well

My point was why chuck the towel in with us

Write this year off we go again and build proper legacy be here for 10 years become the best manager we have ever had by a mile

Instead he fucked it off cause he wanted to run the transfers the ticket office and the food kiosk on the kop

Last edited:
I think the only way you can truly judge a manager is if he leaves a club in a better position than when he came, and for me Mr Wilder is one of the best we've ever had....... 👍

Like many other fans, I still feel let down by Wilder. All that "chest out, never going out the back door, boyhood club, dream job" leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I'm still grateful for the 4 wonderful years he gave us and undoubtedly this has left the club in a much better position financially, but to watch him rock up at West Brom with a cheesy grin, holding a scarf and saying what a great club they are will not feel good. It will be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets at the Lane when he comes back.

Wilder needs to go to a club that will let him run the whole show, unfortunately I think that will mean the lower leagues. A team of misfits and free transfers only works for so long, when it comes to the time to up the stakes Chris will be found wanting again as he was last season. Wilder risks becoming the modern day Warnock.

You mean he's going to Botox himself to fuckery?

Back
Top Bottom