Wilder out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

hes got 3 months of next season imo if were struggling i think he will be gone by mid october important summer for chris he has to get the recruitment right and thing that concerns me is that now its looking like wednesday gonna stay up i think the momentum will be with them at the start of next season with this sausage rohl guy

I'm now of the opinion only a clean slate would benefit us now

WIlders baggage is dragging us further into the mire...thanks for the early memories Chris . But fresh inspiration must be the plan

The team spirit today was notable by its absence....the I can't be arsed attitude of some of the players is rubbing off onto fans
I think they were noticably deflated (and ANNOYED) by Garbage and that pathetic first goal.
They know as any sensible player or supporter that he is a liability and should not be playing.

If I had a dollar for every time people in this thread have used a poker analogy that nobody that plays poker uses, then I'd be able to buy the Prince out

Wilder has previous on this . Never bummed Lundstam out when he refused to sign contract and downed tools . Using Fleck and Norwood past sell by date and all that .
What we expect

My big concern in it all is that we will be selling players in the summer and a lot of contracts are up. It is the single most important transfer window for some time.

As I see it the problem we have on promotion to the premier league comes down to style of play. We ended up with a back 5 and the possession based slow build up in response to teams parking the bus at the lane back in the league one days. The overlapping centre backs broke the block down and got us to the championship. The novelty of it and a bit of momentum and having players suited to the roles at the top of their games got us the rest of the way. Problem is to play possession based slow build up you kinda need possession and once we get to the premier league the other teams are loads better than us and we have 20% possession. It just stops working unless your players are skilled and comfortable on the ball.

In my opinion fast breaking counter attacking or direct long ball hoof is the way to go when you are not as skilled as the other team. This is the way for us to get some traction in the premier league, assuming we get there again. Unfortunately it would take a couple of transfer windows to buy the players for a change of style and change to a 433 or some other formation that would suit. This is what we really should have done under Slav but there seemed to be no money for players at the time.

My fear is that Wilder does the next transfer window and we are locked back into the current way of playing for another few years.

If I had a magic wand it would be a change in management and ownership as I don't particularly like the direction either is taking us.

I didn't want him back, for lots of reasons but mainly for the Oliver Burke signing, who will never be a footballer how ever long he lives!! Pack it up now chris before the crowd eventually turn!!
Hmmm
Funnily a few days before Grbic arrived I pulled Wilder about that Burke signing, I said to him that he’d never make a worse one, he told me to hold his beer then stormed off 🤔

Wilder has previous on this . Never bummed Lundstam out when he refused to sign contract and downed tools . Using Fleck and Norwood past sell by date and all that .
What we expect

He had no choice with Lundstram as Berge did his hamstring. Norwood, he has no choice with as we’re criminally unfit. Fleck fucked off straight away.

Does he know what he is doing, or just toss the balls in the air to make team selections yes players are injured but tonight he has seemingly changed formation, brought back Holgate and brooks, dropped Souza and McAtee
swapped keepers ( much too late )

he may well change formation and personnel after 15 minutes again, it’s not because he is tweaking things he has not got a clue,

Does he know what he is doing, or just toss the balls in the air to make team selections yes players are injured but tonight he has seemingly changed formation, brought back Holgate and brooks, dropped Souza and McAtee
swapped keepers ( much too late )

he may well change formation and personnel after 15 minutes again, it’s not because he is tweaking things he has not got a clue,

Picking from what's left available.

He has changed three players from his previous selection and seemingly playing 5 at the back when previously 4.
its hard enough with a settled side and formation, but it’s ok years ago he knew what he was doing

He has changed three players from his previous selection and seemingly playing 5 at the back when previously 4.
its hard enough with a settled side and formation, but it’s ok years ago he knew what he was doing
We don’t have a settled side though. The club signed Grbic, he’s rubbish. Souza has given up, McBurnie is injured. Every week there’s another season ending injury. How do you pick a team? If we have another injury tonight it’ll be U23s helping us out again. The squads pathetic.

I don’t think Wilders the best man for the job right now because he’s too emotional, he loves the club. It’s basically like putting one of us lot in charge. We’d want to tell them how shit & how embarrassing they’ve been this season & he’s probably doing that.

The alternative Hecky arm around the shoulder approach didn’t work either. We just need to reset completely in the summer

Probably more likely that he realised how badly he messed up going to a 4 at the back and dropping Holgate last match.

Probably more likely that he realised how badly he messed up going to a 4 at the back and dropping Holgate last match.
Didn’t drop him - he was carrying a knock hence on the bench

The fitness of this side is really concerning.. why can no one stay fit for 90 minutes?

Fed up now. I was willing to give him another chance but he's as stubborn as everyone says he is, refuses to fix things that are obviously broken, and the consistent ridiculous substitutions show no sign of stopping. He hasn't got a clue.

Fed up now. I was willing to give him another chance but he's as stubborn as everyone says he is, refuses to fix things that are obviously broken, and the consistent ridiculous substitutions show no sign of stopping. He hasn't got a clue.

We have a right back on the bench who could play 10 mins or so and cover for Bogle but he brings Norwood on.

Not a chance in hell that The Prince sacks Wilder and recruits anyone like Cooper. Bottom line is that the Prince does not have the funds to support this club even in the championship. I suspect that most decent managers out there also know that and would not come anywhere near us. Our reputation is in the gutter with us defaulting on circa £8.5 million over 18 months. Clubs will play hard ball with us over payment terms for any players (even loans) this summer.

So, like it or not, we have Chris Wilder for as long as the Prince is in charge.

Not a chance in hell that The Prince sacks Wilder and recruits anyone like Cooper. Bottom line is that the Prince does not have the funds to support this club even in the championship. I suspect that most decent managers out there also know that and would not come anywhere near us. Our reputation is in the gutter with us defaulting on circa £8.5 million over 18 months. Clubs will play hard ball with us over payment terms for any players (even loans) this summer.

So, like it or not, we have Chris Wilder for as long as the Prince is in charge.
Probably be a very similar situation with trying to attract good players. Will be a challenge for them to get excited about a club who gets pumped each week and averages 25% possession with no money.

which begs the question why did he not play this team and formation on Saturday and prey tell us why he brought Norwood on

Apparently Holgate wasn't fully fit or some shit.

No one is fully fit in this squad.

Back
Top Bottom