What I really resent about this season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes.
He's a good asset for the championship, even if he only plays a handful off the bench. He's been there and done the championship, you need that experience around the place. Especially if we have to blood in even more youngsters
He should have gone when we were relegated last time, and you still want him here next year!

Yes.
He's a good asset for the championship, even if he only plays a handful off the bench. He's been there and done the championship, you need that experience around the place. Especially if we have to blood in even more youngsters
No, no and no again.

We have to move on from him. We cannot have him as our key midfielder at this point.

I've said to be in the squad for experience to play a handful from the bench.
I've not suggested key midfielder
He will not be left on the bench in the Championship, I fear, which will be to our detriment.

We kind of had more of a go than Luton.

But you look at the refund deal on Archer once we in all likelihood go down and it puts the actual commitment far closer to about 12m net, which would mean we’ve actually committed half as much as Luton.

Not saying that is right or wrong but it’s not pushing the boat out when you consider we also lost the likes of Doyle who ended up being key figures for us.
To be fair you could say that about anyone brought into a club upon promotion

Burnley could sell Berge & Trafford when they go down
Forest will have a crazy fire sale if they do
Everton will lose DCL, Pickford, Onana and a few others

Only difference with us/Archer is we were robust in negotiation to ensure we dont struggle to recoup our investment, fixed fee already agreed

Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, and Basham all need to go. Should have been put out to pasture 2yrs ago.
I'd also get shut of Mcburnie, seems to want to spend more time arguing and getting into altercations with opposition players than rather play football.
Brewster, should never wear the blades shirt ever again. A total waste of a squad number, hamstrings like those cheesy strings things that kids eat.

It’s like the Prince listened to Beans on Bladespod talking about how we could realistically beat City in the cup last season, effectively by reducing their squad as whole.

He heard that and thought it’s a great idea, but did it to us rather than the opposition.

We weren’t prepared before Ndiaye and Berge went. Traore would’ve been our marquee signing at that stage.

Everything that followed has killed us off and the hope with it, and we started with barely any.

The hope comes from an end goal, a light at the end of the tunnel if you will. It’s ok to be beaten if we know good times are coming, but we have no idea or communications about the long term plan.

All we have is an owner without deep pockets publicly saying his own health is being affected by being an owner, but can’t find a buyer.

We’re really stuck right now, so all we can do really is grin and bear it, and be thankful we’re not millions in debt to our owner.

You don’t have to look very far to see what a bad owner can really do to a club.

It’s like the Prince listened to Beans on Bladespod talking about how we could realistically beat City in the cup last season, effectively by reducing their squad as whole.

He heard that and thought it’s a great idea, but did it to us rather than the opposition.

We weren’t prepared before Ndiaye and Berge went. Traore would’ve been our marquee signing at that stage.

Everything that followed has killed us off and the hope with it, and we started with barely any.

The hope comes from an end goal, a light at the end of the tunnel if you will. It’s ok to be beaten if we know good times are coming, but we have no idea or communications about the long term plan.

All we have is an owner without deep pockets publicly saying his own health is being affected by being an owner, but can’t find a buyer.

We’re really stuck right now, so all we can do really is grin and bear it, and be thankful we’re not millions in debt to our owner.

You don’t have to look very far to see what a bad owner can really do to a club.
Great post

The part about a vision is spot on - we just don’t have one that any of us can cling to -

Wilders spending "prowess" last time around goes a hell of a long way to explaining the Princes reluctance (or ability) to waste even more money.
Yet he hired him again to manage the club. Wilder's spending has been brilliant for this club, Abdullah doesn't spend anymore because he wants out and we aren't a priority anymore.

Genuine question. Why don't you find something else to do with your spare time if supporting SUFC really does make you so pissed off with them or miserable? I think you have raised some interesting points before about United's failings and lord knows SUFC have many faults over the years (and I do think you are genuinely a Blades fan), but the club is what it is warts and all. If United made me so angry with them all the time I would find a new past time and try to wean myself off United and do something that did make me happy. I certainly wouldn't spend my time in a football forum consistently ranting about why the club we all support is a load of bollocks. I honestly don't get it. Accept the situation and just accept United for what they are or forget about them. It would probably make you a happier person.

Anyhow each to their own. If ranting about United and telling the world how shit we are at any given opportunity brings you happiness, then crack on.

I can take United or leave them and usually leave them, I consider myself well and truly weaned off them because nothing they do gives me any good feelings at all. I have accepted warts and all in the past, but there is no "all" anymore, it's just warts. And this is a good place to slag United off, it wouldn't make much sense going on a website about gardening or something to do it.

On a Saturday afternoon when our fixture that should have been at three o'clock is now on a Sunday, or Monday, I'm inclined to just got to the pub at five o'clock and drown my sorrows for what our Saturdays have become. Taken from us by the machinations of Sky, TNT, and Amazon. At least next season we might not have to wait 16 weeks between Saturday 3 o'clock home league games. The last home league Saturday with a 3 o'clock kick-off was Brentford on the 9th of December. The next one is against Fulham on the 30th of March.

I can take United or leave them and usually leave them, I consider myself well and truly weaned off them because nothing they do gives me any good feelings at all. I have accepted warts and all in the past, but there is no "all" anymore, it's just warts. And this is a good place to slag United off, it wouldn't make much sense going on a website about gardening or something to do it.

Well as an outsider looking in, it certainly doesn't seem that you are 'well and truly weaned off them' if you feel the need to consistently come on a football forum and have a pop at the club you (and everyone on here) supports.

It's like me having a argument with someone in the pub and then telling everyone else I'm fine, I've moved on, and the other fella in the pub and me just ahead a difference in opinion. Then me going back in the pub again, calling him a wanker and then wanting to start a fight with him as soon as I walk into the tap toom... 😆

Well as an outsider looking in, it certainly doesn't seem that you are 'well and truly weaned off them' if you feel the need to consistently come on a football forum and have a pop at the club you (and everyone on here) supports.

It's like me having a argument with someone in the pub and then telling everyone else I'm fine, I've moved on, and the other fella in the pub and me just ahead a difference in opinion. Then me going back in the pub again, calling him a wanker and then wanting to start a fight with him as soon as I walk into the tap toom... 😆
I've been weaned off the fags for about 15 years too, but I'd still like one, I'm weaned off them but if they didn't kill you I'd be back on them tomorrow. And I'd like United to be different and then I'd wean my self back onto them.
I'm not causing a fight in a pub, or having a difference of opinion. I'm just stating my opinion and not disagreeing with anyone else's.

My opinion is United are a shit, wank, backward and totally irrelevant football club that is on a slow death march into oblivion, that's my opinion and you can disagree if you want, I'm not going to disagree with your opinion.

I've been weaned off the fags for about 15 years too, but I'd still like one, I'm weaned off them but if they didn't kill you I'd be back on them tomorrow. And I'd like United to be different and then I'd wean my self back onto them.
I'm not causing a fight in a pub, or having a difference of opinion. I'm just stating my opinion and not disagreeing with anyone else's.

My opinion is United are a shit, wank, backward and totally irrelevant football club that is on a slow death march into oblivion, that's my opinion and you can disagree if you want, I'm not going to disagree with your opinion.

And you are totally fine to have your opinion on how shit United are. I don't have any gripe with that either as I also think United are capable of being piss poor at things from time to time. You knocking United on here doesnt impact on me in any way shape or form. I was just curious about why someone who clearly seems to not have a good word about the club spends time coming on here and ranting about it. Waste of your time and energy I would have thought and that's what I don't understand. But as I said in my original post, if that's what you want to do then crack on as far as I'm concerned. Each to their own.

The more this season goes on, the more I resent the fact that the Prince hasn't even attempted to make us competitive. Between games that involve drubbings and games that are wholly non-events, there are very few games where we are competitive, or the match is entertaining or memorable. West Ham being one of very few. Wolves the other?

We're at real risk of being a laughing stock, or utterly forgettable, or just looking like we aren't taking seriously the opportunity to be in the best league in the world. When in reality, we are a cracking fanbase with pride, who deserve better. Even our self-deprecating sense of humour is being stretched this season. What's more, the players are professionals, and they have pride too. But what can you do, if you haven't been given the tools to put up a credible fight?

Our season is in stark contrast to Luton's, who are on the journey you expect - understandably towards the bottom of the table, but plucky, having a go, plenty of memorable match days, in with a shout if they can just pull it off.

Did I expect to stay up? No. But I expected it to be fun, to be more competitive that it has been, to show signs of building for next season, to hear positive news of a sale and hope for the future of the club. To avoid it often being humiliating, or simply boring.

There's shoots of hope under Wilder, some slight improvement (just by rough observation), but nothing more. I at least feel a greater sense of togetherness and fight.

But overall, it pains me that the Prince's fantastic leadership has led many to apathy, and that we're just forgettable side in a non-event of a season. Where's the pride in that? The blame lies solely at his door.
I agree largely but do you know what? I effing hate the Premier League and its plastic fans with their stupid cameras taking photos of Alexander Arnold taking a throw in. That said, I’d be moaning like fuck if we weren’t promoted from the Championship! Can’t win. But I do miss place like Port Vale away and Oldham. At least it was fun and you weren’t surrounded by tourists. Maybe it’s just me🤷‍♂️

I agree largely but do you know what? I effing hate the Premier League and its plastic fans with their stupid cameras taking photos of Alexander Arnold taking a throw in. That said, I’d be moaning like fuck if we weren’t promoted from the Championship! Can’t win. But I do miss place like Port Vale away and Oldham. At least it was fun and you weren’t surrounded by tourists. Maybe it’s just me🤷‍♂️
No its not just you mate

The VAR overcooking ever check, fans going to see celebs not football, teams hoovering up players ala Forest, Chelsea handing out 8 year contracts to bang average players and distorting the market, Newcastle sport washing then looking for sympathy when they have to balance the books, turning a game that was a working mans sport into a razzamatazz Yankie 'greatest show on earth' I could go on but I wont

All that said, if Princey boy came out and said 'I feel ya, so tell you what, lets target mid table obscurity - Ozzy as lynchpin in midfield, with Norwood and Fleck, keep Wes in goal, sell Anel, Vini, Hamer, Archer, get a few journey men in - 13th in Championship nailed' we'd all be kicking off

So like a skank meth head, who knows it wrong, but will be back tomorrow for some more shit, we will be there come August chasing the dream of promotion back to the 'greatest show on earth', only to get dry bummed again in 25-26 season when a unknown 17 year old from Estonia joins Chelsea on a 15 year contract on £350k a week

The next one is going to be even worse
Great. Please will the world end soon and end the misery for us Blades. Even promotion has become a bit like listening to Carl Asaba - boring as fuck and monotonous

Worst thing for me is having a team that's worse now than the one that took us up.

Barely signed anyone who has improved the team, meanwhile we lost Ndiaye, Berge and Doyle went back. Berge going to Burnley is for nothing but better money. Based on what Burnley have spent, they're arguably doing worse than we are yet there's a love-in for Kompany because he's Pep's mate.

The team that took the field against Palace on the opening day was one that we'd have had low expectations for in the Championship, never mind the Premier League.

Combination of a lack of willingness to invest and a lack of willingness to sell the club from Prince and co. We're still sat here in limbo wondering who the next skint crook will be who fancies a go at running a football club.

What I really fucking resent is how we snatched Marseille's hands off when they offered £15m for Ndiaye. That was the day we made it clear we were going to pocket all the money we could and not even attempt to stay up.

If we keep him and he keeps us up, that's worth £100m+ to us. It is not a massive gamble to take. £15m is absolutely nothing compared to the revenue you would get from 2+ seasons in the Prem. There is no footballing or financial logic behind a decision like that. It's just idiocy on every level.

Giving Fleck another 1 year deal (probably amounting to about half a million quid overall) was ridiculous and the warning signs were there (especially after old Hecky has wanted to sign Enda on again despite him also being a crock at the end).

But the to let N'diaye go for a measly £15m or so on the eve of the season (and he was still under contract for another year remember so we could have kept him if we had wanted too) was tantamount to raising the white flag. The team selection on the first day of the season v Palace was laughable. I knew then that we were as good as down. So no major surprises for me, but I have grown to despise this team at certain parts of the season, not least shipping 8 at Bramall Lane to fucking Newcastle, the spineless goons.

So my resentment this season is for a mixture of the owner, Hecky (and his 'we expect to lose like this at times bollox), and the team. Chuck in the recruitment team for wasting what little we had, and I currently feel like I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

The good news. We have Wilder back and some decent young players fir next season. There is always hope. But this season (and the club pre Wilder) can go fuck itself as far as I'm concerned.

Giving Fleck another 1 year deal (probably amounting to about half a million quid overall) was ridiculous and the warning signs were there (especially after old Hecky has wanted to sign Enda on again despite him also being a crock at the end).

But the to let N'diaye go for a measly £15m or so on the eve of the season (and he was still under contract for another year remember so we could have kept him if we had wanted too) was tantamount to raising the white flag. The team selection on the first day of the season v Palace was laughable. I knew then that we were as good as down. So no major surprises for me, but I have grown to despise this team at certain parts of the season, not least shipping 8 at Bramall Lane to fucking Newcastle, the spineless goons.

So my resentment this season is for a mixture of the owner, Hecky (and his 'we expect to lose like this at times bollox), and the team. Chuck in the recruitment team for wasting what little we had, and I currently feel like I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

The good news. We have Wilder back and some decent young players fir next season. There is always hope. But this season (and the club pre Wilder) can go fuck itself as far as I'm concerned.
I put a lot of this down to promoting within i.e. managers coaches etc, they know these lads as mates so not going to ditch them easily, like managers nowadays, they bring their own mates as coaching staff etc. As for Ndiaye, it remain unknown whether he'd be as good in the top flight, better defending and so on, but we might never know

I think those involved in our recruitment process have been given a different priority other than to make our first team stronger by bringing in the right players at the right time. The priority seems to be seeing if we can pull a few untried rabbits out of the bag and hoping that they'll step up and come good at this level rather than bring in tried and tested quality. It seems we were prepared to accept our PL demise from day one and stick to a hit and hope we'll make a profit on players agenda? Maybe the money we lost on Brewster, Mousett and McBurnie has been the catalyst for these decisions, but they're doing the clubs media image no favours or its relationship with the fanbase. Expecting that we are likely to be relegated is one thing, but realising that the club's owner and board are prepared to see us outclassed and go down without the playing staff to at least put up a fight is another matter.

Forgive my ignorance, is he even a real prince? There's all kinds of fancy titles in the programmes

Watching our recruitment this season, Sam Curtis aside (hopefully/maybe), is like watching the Apprentice. You yell at the TV while bumbling f*** ups make the same mistakes that everyone makes on the same tasks every year, despite the tasks being the same every year. It's like they'd never watches the programme before going on it. Like those contestants our recruitment team continued to make costly errors and appearing to make deals out of desperation, while the fans scream at them in frustration as we can see what is coming and obvious to everyone but the club.

Thinking of it, maybe we hired an ex contestant and that explains the lack of football "acumen."

Back
Top Bottom