What I really resent about this season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The bit he’s got majorly wrong is the whole process around selling the club, we’ve had 2 criminals so far and then he’s realised that it might be a good idea to use a broker. The valuation seems pie in the sky and the internal due diligence seems to be non-existent.

Infuriating how badly we’ve handled that process. It was our best chance at getting ownership with PL aspirations.

Wilders spending "prowess" last time around goes a hell of a long way to explaining the Princes reluctance (or ability) to waste even more money.

Your chance of success of transfers are slim when you can’t offer wages competitive for PL level. You have to gamble and the gambles largely failed. Any other manager would have probably ended up with the same outcome, sadly.

….. the Prince hasn't even attempted to make us competitive…….Our season is in stark contrast to Luton's,…...

The Prince has had a better go than Luton
And Burnley have had a right fuckin go😂

Luton have 2 things Burnley and us don’t, no expectations and a team spirit/atmosphere/manager that you can’t buy, it’s greater than the sun of its parts, last seen CW 2018-2020.
Imagine spending all that money and been 4 points worse off than Luton😂

How much pressure is Kompany getting you think?

Luton - us - Burnley
IMG_3396.jpeg
IMG_3393.jpegIMG_3397.jpeg

Good post, but who are the 16 player assets who are out of contract in the summer? I know we are trying to get the young lads signed up (Arblaster and Jebbo) and maybe a deal for Baldock and Bogle, but other than that I'd like us to get rid of the rest. Start afresh and see CW having a busy summer with recruitment.
Oli Norwood
Oli McBurnie
John Fleck
Wes Foderingham
George Baldock
John Egan
Jayden Bogle
Max Lowe
Oli Arblaster
Daniel Jebbison
Ben Osborn
Rhys Norrington-Davies
Ismaila Coulibaly
Adam Davies
Jordan Amissah

It was 16 but Osula recently signed a new deal.

Out of all of them I'd consider a new deal for Bogle as a midfielder, definitely Norrington-Davies and Foderingham. Maybe Baldock at a push, but if we can get a fee for him I'd take it.

Oli Norwood
Oli McBurnie
John Fleck
Wes Foderingham
George Baldock
John Egan
Jayden Bogle
Max Lowe
Oli Arblaster
Daniel Jebbison
Ben Osborn
Rhys Norrington-Davies
Ismaila Coulibaly
Adam Davies
Jordan Amissah

Out of all of them I'd consider a new deal for Bogle as a midfielder, definitely Norrington-Davies and Foderingham. Maybe Baldock at a push, but if we can get a fee for him I'd take it.

For me, I would hope that we offer new deals to McBurnie, Baldock, Egan, Bogle, Arblaster, Jebbo, RND and Amissah. So a few more than I initially thought tbf. Even then the deals would have to be very favourable to the club though such as McBurnie and Egan and three of them are kids. The other 7 on the list would be told thanks but no thanks.

I don't see much changing next season. Other than our two seasons in the top flight last time our transfer strategy under the Prince has always been loan signings or sell to buy. We've barely invested or spent anything.

We got relegated last time, received parachute payments, the players reportedly had pay cuts built into their contracts that reduced with each season we failed to go up, and all we saw was Anel come in for £4mil. That's about it. Any other teams coming down reinvest the parachute payments to build a team to go straight back up. We spent nothing.

Even this summer we more or less broke even in the transfer market thanks to selling Ndiaye and Berge.

We have regressed on the field constantly as we don't build teams. We retain the tried and tested unreliable out of form players of yester year, and supplement them with loan signings, who often go on to be our best and most reliable players. Norwood, Fleck and Osborn getting new deals last summer was the opening punchline to a terrible joke, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Norwood get another year for next season. Let him sign a pre-contract deal with another club now. Better yet, if they want him next summer, let them have him now, if he's willing to drop down to League One where he belongs.

Our squad is a mess.

My biggest fear for next season isn't not going up. It's how many of the 16 out of contract get new deals and we continue to see the same crap in red and white shirts with better players belonging to other clubs.

This started when we borrowed a goalkeeper for 3 out of 4 seasons and the policy hasn't changed since.

Only Sheffield United could win £110mil on Euro Millions and somehow be skinter in receiving it.

The Prince needs to reduce his asking price and go. He's taken us as far as he can attempting to run the club on it's own finances, but football finance is too broken and too corrupt for this to work. He'd be lucky to get £100mil at the moment when 16 assets can walk for free in the summer and the main sellable asset is allegedly a useless, sulking Bosnian centre back.
Spot on

I tellt everyone pre-season, if you can't even beat Girona*, what chance do you have against top level teams in the Premiership**.

Relax. We'll enjoy next season***.

* and yes, it was as irony-laden then as it is now
** I know, 2007
***more...hopefully

I'm just tired.

I'm tired of the effort needed to get to and from games, with almost weekly train cancellations ( didn't actually get home one week and had to stay in Leeds overnight )

I'm tired of trying to talk up our chances in the pub pre-match when my heart isn't in it.

I'm tired of leaving after the 4th goal and going to drown sorrows

I'm tired of having to resort to gallows humour when chatting with opposing fans

I'm tired of watching players I wish weren't here and tired of adding to the list every week.

On seeing the Arsenal game moved to Monday night, "fuck" was joined with "thank" rather than bookended by "for" and "sake".

Tired.
Brilliant post. I talk with a Liverpool fan every Monday morning and i think he is too polite to say shut up I'm bored you are shit i couldn't disagree

The more this season goes on, the more I resent the fact that the Prince hasn't even attempted to make us competitive. Between games that involve drubbings and games that are wholly non-events, there are very few games where we are competitive, or the match is entertaining or memorable. West Ham being one of very few. Wolves the other?

We're at real risk of being a laughing stock, or utterly forgettable, or just looking like we aren't taking seriously the opportunity to be in the best league in the world. When in reality, we are a cracking fanbase with pride, who deserve better. Even our self-deprecating sense of humour is being stretched this season. What's more, the players are professionals, and they have pride too. But what can you do, if you haven't been given the tools to put up a credible fight?

Our season is in stark contrast to Luton's, who are on the journey you expect - understandably towards the bottom of the table, but plucky, having a go, plenty of memorable match days, in with a shout if they can just pull it off.

Did I expect to stay up? No. But I expected it to be fun, to be more competitive that it has been, to show signs of building for next season, to hear positive news of a sale and hope for the future of the club. To avoid it often being humiliating, or simply boring.

There's shoots of hope under Wilder, some slight improvement (just by rough observation), but nothing more. I at least feel a greater sense of togetherness and fight.

But overall, it pains me that the Prince's fantastic leadership has led many to apathy, and that we're just forgettable side in a non-event of a season. Where's the pride in that? The blame lies solely at his door.
United and Liverpool games were alright, despite the result. Even the city game was pretty entertaining too, until Laroucci decided to try some skill instead of just booting it

For me, I would hope that we offer new deals to McBurnie, Baldock, Egan, Bogle, Arblaster, Jebbo, RND and Amissah. So a few more than I initially thought tbf. Even then the deals would have to be very favourable to the club though such as McBurnie and Egan and three of them are kids. The other 7 on the list would be told thanks but no thanks.
I forgot Chris Basham is out of contract too.

At least we've still got Rhian Brewster for another season! 😂

The whole club attitude is the problem, it's not only about spending money, we could get Ronaldo and Messi declaring their undying love for the club and wanting to finish out the last couple of years here playing for free, and they'd be shit.

They'd be stifled, boring, and fighting a losing battle as the rest of "Club not deserving of being where we are" completely ruins them. It's the poison that runs through the club from top to bottom.

If we were an average Championship club and every week we had a cup tie against each Premier League club we'd do a damn sight better than what we are doing whilst being in the same division.

And even now with fuck all to lose their still too afraid to keep the ball for more than 18% of a game, which incidentally can be achieved by kicking off an average of six times and passing it back to the goalie.

Last edited:
Your chance of success of transfers are slim when you can’t offer wages competitive for PL level. You have to gamble and the gambles largely failed. Any other manager would have probably ended up with the same outcome, sadly.
Not having a team being able to compete at Premier League level isn't a crime after only one season, having a team that gets relegated and isn't any good in the Championship is unforgiveable, but that's what's coming next year.

Still, I suppose the clappers on here will have their ready made excuses if it happens, and they'll already be biting at my message saying that next years success or failure can't be proven.

Well, I'll say it regardless, This team is nowhere near good enough to finish top half of the Championship next season and might end up even worse than that.

The whole club attitude is the problem, it's not only about spending money, we could get Ronaldo and Messi declaring their undying love for the club and wanting to finish out the last couple of years here playing for free, and they'd be shit.

They'd be stifled, boring, and fighting a losing battle as the rest of "Club not deserving of being where we are" completely ruins them. It's the poison that runs through the club from top to bottom.

If we were an average Championship club and every week we had a cup tie against each Premier League club we'd do a damn sight better than what we are doing whilst being in the same division.

And even now with fuck all to lose their still too afraid to keep the ball for more than 18% of a game, which incidentally can be achieved by kicking off an average of six times and passing it back to the goalie.
What a big cry baby you are!

What a big cry baby you are!
Truth always hurts more, it used to hurt me when I was a 17 year old clapper. But it is much easier to admit the truth, Sheffield United are a shit, woeful, wank football club supported by a bunch of quickly dying out supporters because it does fuck all to attract new ones

Truth always hurts more, it used to hurt me when I was a 17 year old clapper. But it is much easier to admit the truth, Sheffield United are a shit, woeful, wank football club supported by a bunch of quickly dying out supporters because it does fuck all to attract new ones
Boo hoo!

Genuine question. Why don't you find something else to do with your spare time if supporting SUFC really does make you so pissed off with them or miserable? I think you have raised some interesting points before about United's failings and lord knows SUFC have many faults over the years (and I do think you are genuinely a Blades fan), but the club is what it is warts and all. If United made me so angry with them all the time I would find a new past time and try to wean myself off United and do something that did make me happy. I certainly wouldn't spend my time in a football forum consistently ranting about why the club we all support is a load of bollocks. I honestly don't get it. Accept the situation and just accept United for what they are or forget about them. It would probably make you a happier person.

Anyhow each to their own. If ranting about United and telling the world how shit we are at any given opportunity brings you happiness, then crack on.

The Prince has had a better go than Luton
And Burnley have had a right fuckin go😂

Luton have 2 things Burnley and us don’t, no expectations and a team spirit/atmosphere/manager that you can’t buy, it’s greater than the sun of its parts, last seen CW 2018-2020.
Imagine spending all that money and been 4 points worse off than Luton😂

How much pressure is Kompany getting you think?

Luton - us - Burnley
View attachment 178217
View attachment 178218View attachment 178219
We kind of had more of a go than Luton.

But you look at the refund deal on Archer once we in all likelihood go down and it puts the actual commitment far closer to about 12m net, which would mean we’ve actually committed half as much as Luton.

Not saying that is right or wrong but it’s not pushing the boat out when you consider we also lost the likes of Doyle who ended up being key figures for us.

Oli Norwood
Oli McBurnie
John Fleck
Wes Foderingham
George Baldock
John Egan
Jayden Bogle
Max Lowe
Oli Arblaster
Daniel Jebbison
Ben Osborn
Rhys Norrington-Davies
Ismaila Coulibaly
Adam Davies
Jordan Amissah

This is what I think Wilder will do:

Oli Norwood - release
Oli McBurnie - offer new deal
John Fleck - release
Wes Foderingham - release
George Baldock - offer new deal
John Egan - offer new deal
Jayden Bogle - offer new deal
Max Lowe - might offer as back up, depends how close Boyes is
Oli Arblaster - offer new deal
Daniel Jebbison - offer new deal
Ben Osborn - release
Rhys Norrington-Davies - offer new deal
Ismaila Coulibaly - release
Adam Davies - release
Jordan Amissah - release

Main question marks would be around right back; how good is this teenager? Good enough to release one of the above? Also Egan, I think Chris likes him though may be hit by what happens the next two days.

I think he’s a big McBurnie fan.

Lowe you can take or leave though he is often injured but him, Norrington-Davies and Trusty plus Robbonsnd you’ve locked up the left hand side there for the league below.

I agree that this season has been a write off basically since the end of last season.

I think our signings will actually leave us in a good place for next year in the championship and hopefully we can then get promotion again.

I don't think the Prince is great... however I would much rather be where we are than so many other clubs (look at Reading currently)

It sounds bad and I don't mean it to, but where we are now I think is the best we can hope for. A proud club with history that gets good attendance and toys with the big time.

The media don't seem to like us and surely that's part of the desire for people to buy a football club and we aren't that.

BBD has had a god start, let the new keeper remember where the posts are and let's get some game time in to our youngsters, sort out our contracts and we go again next season.

This is what I think Wilder will do:

Oli Norwood - release
Oli McBurnie - offer new deal
John Fleck - release
George Baldock - offer new deal
John Egan - offer new deal
Jayden Bogle - offer new deal
Max Lowe - might offer as back up, depends how close Boyes is
Oli Arblaster - offer new deal
Daniel Jebbison - offer new deal
Ben Osborn - release
Rhys Norrington-Davies - offer new deal
Adam Davies - release
Jordan Amissah - release

Main question marks would be around right back; how good is this teenager? Good enough to release one of the above? Also Egan, I think Chris likes him though may be hit by what happens the next two days.

I think he’s a big McBurnie fan.

Lowe you can take or leave though he is often injured but him, Norrington-Davies and Trusty plus Robbonsnd you’ve locked up the left hand side there for the league below.

Be a brave move to release 3 keepers!

How the hell are we gonna attract Premier standard players when we are already marked up for dispatch?

Oli Norwood - release
Oli McBurnie - new contract
John Fleck - release
George Baldock - new contract
John Egan - new contract
Jayden Bogle - new contract
Max Lowe - release
Oli Arblaster - new contract
Daniel Jebbison - new contract
Ben Osborn - release
Rhys Norrington-Davies - new contract
Adam Davies - release
Jordan Amissah - new contract

Oli Norwood - release
Oli McBurnie - new contract
John Fleck - release
George Baldock - new contract
John Egan - new contract
Jayden Bogle - new contract
Max Lowe - release
Oli Arblaster - new contract
Daniel Jebbison - new contract
Ben Osborn - release
Rhys Norrington-Davies - new contract
Adam Davies - release
Jordan Amissah - new contract

Think it’ll be either Bogle or Baldock with the Irish lad to take over. I’d favour Baldock, release Bogle.

That’s 7 new deals to be done, lot of work for Doris (aka ‘the Contracts Team’).

The more this season goes on, the more I resent the fact that the Prince hasn't even attempted to make us competitive. Between games that involve drubbings and games that are wholly non-events, there are very few games where we are competitive, or the match is entertaining or memorable. West Ham being one of very few. Wolves the other?

We're at real risk of being a laughing stock, or utterly forgettable, or just looking like we aren't taking seriously the opportunity to be in the best league in the world. When in reality, we are a cracking fanbase with pride, who deserve better. Even our self-deprecating sense of humour is being stretched this season. What's more, the players are professionals, and they have pride too. But what can you do, if you haven't been given the tools to put up a credible fight?

Our season is in stark contrast to Luton's, who are on the journey you expect - understandably towards the bottom of the table, but plucky, having a go, plenty of memorable match days, in with a shout if they can just pull it off.

Did I expect to stay up? No. But I expected it to be fun, to be more competitive that it has been, to show signs of building for next season, to hear positive news of a sale and hope for the future of the club. To avoid it often being humiliating, or simply boring.

There's shoots of hope under Wilder, some slight improvement (just by rough observation), but nothing more. I at least feel a greater sense of togetherness and fight.

But overall, it pains me that the Prince's fantastic leadership has led many to apathy, and that we're just forgettable side in a non-event of a season. Where's the pride in that? The blame lies solely at his door.
I see and hear what you're saying and feel we're not a million miles off being a decent team. A bit of backing in the summer could have gave us a proper chance.

However...

Burnley walked the Championship last season with >100pts.
They have spent >£100m this summer to "give it a go", and yet they sit 2pts above us.

How much have forest spent in 2 years? They're 4pts above the drop.

Unfortunately, the gulf between the divisions is as wide as its ever been

I'm just tired.

I'm tired of the effort needed to get to and from games, with almost weekly train cancellations ( didn't actually get home one week and had to stay in Leeds overnight )

I'm tired of trying to talk up our chances in the pub pre-match when my heart isn't in it.

I'm tired of leaving after the 4th goal and going to drown sorrows

I'm tired of having to resort to gallows humour when chatting with opposing fans

I'm tired of watching players I wish weren't here and tired of adding to the list every week.

On seeing the Arsenal game moved to Monday night, "fuck" was joined with "thank" rather than bookended by "for" and "sake".

Tired.
Couldn't agree more my friend, its depressing and a Monday Night fixture hold absolutely no attraction for me. We now spend our time in the pub reminiscing about about glorious days out in the long distant past, people we have met and become friends with and where we might go for a breakfast meet on non match days. In 65 years I have never ever been so uninterested or apathetic towards going to the Lane. It begs the question why? Easy answer that one, to meet my lifelong Blades family, because ultimately they are far more important than that shit show at the Lane.

Oli Norwood
Oli McBurnie
John Fleck
Wes Foderingham

George Baldock
John Egan
Jayden Bogle
Max Lowe
Oli Arblaster
Daniel Jebbison
Ben Osborn
Rhys Norrington-Davies
Ismaila Coulibaly
Adam Davies

Jordan Amissah

I've crossed out the ones that shouldn't be given contracts.
A couple I've left in; Norwood and Egan, for Championship football.
If we somehow stay up, they wouldn't be in my retain list

I've crossed out the ones that shouldn't be given contracts.
A couple I've left in; Norwood and Egan, for Championship football.
If we somehow stay up, they wouldn't be in my retain list
Retain Norwood?

Other than the first two months of last season he was crap and deserved to be dropped for Doyle. He's even worse this season. He shouldn't still be here now, let alone next season in the Championship.

I'd be happy to see McBurnie go to. 150 games and only 27 goals for a £17mil fee. That's a poor return. He's an average Championship striker at best.

Retain Norwood?
Yes.
He's a good asset for the championship, even if he only plays a handful off the bench. He's been there and done the championship, you need that experience around the place. Especially if we have to blood in even more youngsters

Back
Top Bottom