What I really resent about this season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have watched United since the late 80s in the old 3rd division and it’s hard to argue the last 8ish years haven’t, on average, been a shit load better than most of what came before. whilst that’s not all down to the prince, you can’t blame him for all the crap and simultaneously absolve him of credit for the good stuff.

This season is fucking awful and depressing, but I’d take a couple of these seasons for two like 17/18 or 18/19.

FWIW I think generally our strategy has been right in recruiting top, young champ players and promising European youngsters. The execution has been woeful (McBurnie vs Bowen? Brewster vs Toney?) and that’s on him for not putting a proper DoC or scouting network in place (although that was the plan with United world).

The prince hasn’t put money in, or attracted decent outside investment, or taken enough care over governance. But I reckon he’s tried to do it right (more often than not) and we’ve had some of our best ever years in which seen plenty of genuine club legends.

Let’s just get this fucking season over and done with and move on. If that’s with the prince then I think he’s proved to be a fair championship chairman. lets be careful what we wish for - plenty of similar clubs waaay worse off than us.

Back
Top Bottom