Visiting Brighton fans.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladeloyal talks about your vehicle being ‘uzel ‘ approved. This is not a weird South Yorkshire sexual practice but a Clean Air Zone. Search Sheffield Clean Air Zone and you can input your car registration and it will tell you whether there is a charge for taking your vehicle into the centre of town.
Aren't private cars exempt?

The best pub for visiting Brighton fans.

Bring your own Hove.

Dont know if your vehicle is uzel approved ,so check that ,plenty of city centre multi storeys ,pubs usually Howard hotel across from the station the globe just up the road ,10 minutes to ground
Don't need uzel on a car. It's only vans and larger.

I am travelling to Bramall Lane with half a dozen Brighton fans on Saturday.

Can you please advise of any car parks and away fans pubs close to the stadium.

All information appreciated. Cheers.
For simplicity I'd park at the Q park by the station, or one a bit further towards Park Square roundabout. Both are easy to find and on the way in from the motorway. And handy for the ground.
Pubs. Howard opposite the station is an away pub. And the Globe up the pedestrian hill from it. Graduate further up is.
Head of Steam is good, afterwards we've seen away fans and is a friendly place.
Sheffield Tap on the station has a big beer selection, no football colours allowed for anybody.
As above triple point on the way to the ground is a decent pre and post match drink, normally some away fans in. And is a friendly place.

The best pub for visiting Brighton fans.

Bring your own Hove.
Is this a joke Tom? It’s a great pub, but I’ve never seen an away fan in there.

I am travelling to Bramall Lane with half a dozen Brighton fans on Saturday.

Can you please advise of any car parks and away fans pubs close to the stadium.

All information appreciated. Cheers.

£5, pay in advance to guarantee a spot.

Sheffield, Sylvester Gardens is the one you want. 5 min walk to ground.

Yes, but the OP says he’s coming with six others meaning he might be in a van, or a light goods vehicle which do come under the regulations.
The op also says "you can input your car registration and it will tell you whether there is a charge for taking your vehicle into the centre of town"

The op also says "you can input your car registration and it will tell you whether there is a charge for taking your vehicle into the centre of town"
I don’t want this to get over complicated, but strangers coming to the city may not know that cars are exempt from the Clean Air Charge. I am just saying that on the Council website you can check whether your vehicle (car, van, lorry) is liable to, or exempt from the charge. From driving down the Parkway recently, the signs simply say that there is a Clean Air Zone ahead, they don’t specify what is and what isn’t exempt.

They'll think its very twee that they've more than likely wanted to know safer pubs for pre match, and a bunch of tight northerners are warning them about a £5 clean air tariff... that they'll split between them.

Stick to the Howard and the Globe if you want to have a sing song and a jolly..

Thanks for all your suggestions, much appreciated. Just one last question. As we are travelling up the M1 would it be better to pick up the tram at Halfway or a bit closer in? Or does that take to long?

Thanks for all your suggestions, much appreciated. Just one last question. As we are travelling up the M1 would it be better to pick up the tram at Halfway or a bit closer in? Or does that take to long?
I'd come off at J29 (Chesterfield) then A61 into Sheffield. It's then pretty much a straight road (Chesterfield Road) towards the Lane. Head for the Sheaf View which was mentioned above, just off Chesterfield Road, shortish walk to the game. Post game benefit of being able to get straight off back to the M1.

I don’t want this to get over complicated, but strangers coming to the city may not know that cars are exempt from the Clean Air Charge. I am just saying that on the Council website you can check whether your vehicle (car, van, lorry) is liable to, or exempt from the charge. From driving down the Parkway recently, the signs simply say that there is a Clean Air Zone ahead, they don’t specify what is and what isn’t exempt.
Yeah the signage doesn’t seem that specific

I'd come off at J29 (Chesterfield) then A61 into Sheffield. It's then pretty much a straight road (Chesterfield Road) towards the Lane. Head for the Sheaf View which was mentioned above, just off Chesterfield Road, shortish walk to the game. Post game benefit of being able to get straight off back to the M1.

It will be great coming through Woodseats on a Saturday match day

10 mins to the Halfway park & ride from M1 J 30....trams every 10 mins .....40 mins into Sheffield...get off tram at either Sheff College or Sheffield Station if you want a drink.... 15 mins walk to Bramall Lane, you can't get the tram into Sheffield from anywhere else but Halfway

You could come off the M1 at J33 and take the parkway into Sheffield then get the tram at Nunnery Square Park and ride.....lot nearer the city centre.

I wouldn't do the tram at all.
Arrive a bit early and park central. Give it half an hour after the game and then set off. Straight up Parkway to J33.

Back
Top Bottom