CONFIRMED Vinícius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Intrigued to know how much we paid for him, I know it was a reported £10m but cannot see it being that much

If we can get our money back or more for him I'd be fairly pleased.

Don't want to be harsh because I don't think he's a bad bloke. Seems nice and has had a few decent apps. Amongst many that I've not been impressed with.

But said it on another thread we will need to sell some this summer. Anel seems a foregone conclusion to me unless we think he's worth more than clubs want to spend.
But id sooner lose Souza than Hamer and or Arblaster. And it could come down to cashflow.

We will just have to see.

Got a good agent though Souza I'd say...

Vin might well rip it up in the championship, it's probably his level. However his attitude is atrocious which is a big worry. Seems like he loves the "being a footballer" (almost) limelight and is why he publicly dated that reality person and thinks he should be a Brazil international.

Can't exactly see him rocking up to Plymouth or Preston on a cold Tuesday night and giving a fuck tbh.
He came over well in those Christmas videos.

Little did we know, just like Santa, he’d also fuck off for most of the year!

He has all the attributes, physically at least, to make a solid PL player
FFS - he's as mobile as McDonkey!
Both bone idle and the turning circle of an oil tanker.
Who the **** looked at this bloke and imagined this none marking none tacking immobile player was a DEFENSIVE midfielder?
What happens to his height almost all games I have no idea.
He totally dominated in the air against Luton (NEVER a penalty for or against) but most weeks barely seen.
His limited attributes are ALL going forward
Whether sticking a foot in against a static/dawdling player or the occasional pass and shot.
Disastrous signing for the number one position needed after Doyle going and Basham destroyed.
Serious question marks over what happened at Christmas re ins and pointless outs.

Intrigued to know how much we paid for him, I know it was a reported £10m but cannot see it being that much
The key as i said before the season started that they were tapping up man city umbrella clubs as they thought the quality of this pool would be cheap and not count as a loan. It wouldn’t surprise me if this was another Archer type deal.

Don't want to be harsh because I don't think he's a bad bloke. Seems nice and has had a few decent apps. Amongst many that I've not been impressed with.

But said it on another thread we will need to sell some this summer. Anel seems a foregone conclusion to me unless we think he's worth more than clubs want to spend.
But id sooner lose Souza than Hamer and or Arblaster. And it could come down to cashflow.

Wonder if Burnley still want him.

Finally we are being linked to a shithouse in midfield 😭 how many years have we needed a big horrible bastard in midfield
Just read back through this thread… how I wish this description were true.
I mean - it’s NEARLY 100% accurate. He is a shithouse, however is a big USELESS bastard in midfield.
Unfortunately Meatloaf was incorrect in the case of Vini Souza

FFS - he's as mobile as McDonkey!
Both bone idle and the turning circle of an oil tanker.
Who the **** looked at this bloke and imagined this none marking none tacking immobile player was a DEFENSIVE midfielder?
What happens to his height almost all games I have no idea.
He totally dominated in the air against Luton (NEVER a penalty for or against) but most weeks barely seen.
His limited attributes are ALL going forward
Whether sticking a foot in against a static/dawdling player or the occasional pass and shot.
Disastrous signing for the number one position needed after Doyle going and Basham destroyed.
Serious question marks over what happened at Christmas re ins and pointless outs.
Hecky spent more time on the phone to Vini than his wife over the summer apparently.

Jesus if we get our money back for Souza, it’ll be the best sale we’ve made in our history.
I’ll be astounded if we paid 10 m, probably another go back if we get relegated for approx same amount (bar a couple of million that we probably paid up from)

I’ll be astounded if we paid 10 m, probably another go back if we get relegated for approx same amount (bar a couple of million that we probably paid up from)
Lommel aren't resigning Souza.

My guess is that we paid around £6m up front with a significant sell-on and other variables.

It's in his interest and ours to amicably part company this summer. He's not going to get in the Brazil squad playing in the Championship.

Not trying to be difficult but what have you seen of him to think he's a nice bloke?

Lommel aren't resigning Souza.

My guess is that we paid around £6m up front with a significant sell-on and other variables.

It's in his interest and ours to amicably part company this summer. He's not going to get in the Brazil squad playing in the Championship. *as long as he’s got a hole in his arse and / or anyone linked to the Brazilian national side has eyes
Further edit.

To all potential Souza buyers

There is a lot of misinformation regarding the qualities of this superb player and teammate , please do not take any notice of all the nasty comments.

Many Supporters are fully aware that Vincent (as he is fondly known) has one of the best tackling stats in the top league in world football . Uncle Sooze - as many colleagues call him - fully appreciate his total commitment to the teams cause and can be seen playfully slapping him on the cheeks (Brazilian recognition custom) during games to celebrate this .

He is such a crowd pleaser and favourite that he has his own chant to welcome him onto and off the field of play / listen carefully to many match videos and you will hear a crescendo of ‘Sooooooooooooooooouse’ when ever he comes on or off the pitch.

If you need an enthusiastic, endearing, passionate, loving,enforcer in your team - to point you all in the right direction- then go no further than to watch evidence of this within the Luton v SUFC match video - and I mean , go no further than this .

A soon to be Brazilian institution, all this could be yours - first come - first served - all necessary transportation to buying club included in deal

BUY NOW and get your own personal Anel FREE

Was really happy with this signing last year.

Been crying out for a dominant midfield enforcer type to mix it up in the middle of the park and work alongside a playmaker to great effect.

Disappointing he turned out to be lazy and slow. Not great traits for this type of player !!!!

A baller in there somewhere but needs to
Spend all summer in the gym.

UTB

I still think he has potential to be great for us and I actually quite like his personality (I remember the interview after Luton away etc, he came across really well).

The big question is does he want to build something special with us.

If not, he has to go because he isn't good enough to be half arsed about it.

From him being on the bench for past few games, I get the feeling he is off.
Mate, I'll sum him up in a few words, he doesn't give a shit about Sheffield United, like his mate Anel👍

While I think he's got the potential to be a talented player on his day, I just don't think he's up to the rigors of English football and is more suited to European game where you can have that extra bit of time on the ball.

That being said given how poor we've been this season there has only been a few players who can actually say they've played well this season while most of them (Souza included) have been poor.

There was a run earlier in the season, around when Wilder came in where, when we played teams we could (relatively) compete with you could see what he could become in the right circumstances. Strong, influential, ok in possession but most of all a supreme confidence that he was important to winning the game. Not all players have that.

The issue is, when it gets difficult he has no interest in doing anything about it. He's a fraud, similar to Anel. A frontrunner who wants to be the main man when it's easy

There was a run earlier in the season, around when Wilder came in where, when we played teams we could (relatively) compete with you could see what he could become in the right circumstances. Strong, influential, ok in possession but most of all a supreme confidence that he was important to winning the game. Not all players have that.

The issue is, when it gets difficult he has no interest in doing anything about it. He's a fraud, similar to Anel. A frontrunner who wants to be the main man when it's easy

I think this is a fair assessment. There have been genuine flashes where he's looked the part and I can see why a team would take a relatively low-risk gamble on him.

At junior rugby, we'd go off for county trials and the big lanky 6'6 kid would get picked in their position despite being the worst of half a dozen options. The point being, you can coach rugby, but you can't coach a guy to be 6'6. And that's how big you would need to be to compete in that area of the pitch.

Souza has all of the ingredients of a PL footballer. He's big, strong, quite athletic (it's weird how he can look really mobile and really slow all at once), can tackle and isn't terrible with a ball at his feet. He annoys me, but I think a club will look at him and think there's something there to work with.

This season was no place for easy goers

I think this is a fair assessment. There have been genuine flashes where he's looked the part and I can see why a team would take a relatively low-risk gamble on him.

At junior rugby, we'd go off for county trials and the big lanky 6'6 kid would get picked in their position despite being the worst of half a dozen options. The point being, you can coach rugby, but you can't coach a guy to be 6'6. And that's how big you would need to be to compete in that area of the pitch.

Souza has all of the ingredients of a PL footballer. He's big, strong, quite athletic (it's weird how he can look really mobile and really slow all at once), can tackle and isn't terrible with a ball at his feet. He annoys me, but I think a club will look at him and think there's something there to work with.
There's a reason Oli Burke, despite zero technical ability and not really seeming like he enjoys playing football keeps getting paid. Every manager thinks they are the one to 'unlock' the ability and that the attitude problems shown in the past are just because the other managers aren't as clever as him. It's going to be the same with Souza

There's a reason Oli Burke, despite zero technical ability and not really seeming like he enjoys playing football keeps getting paid. Every manager thinks they are the one to 'unlock' the ability and that the attitude problems shown in the past are just because the other managers aren't as clever as him. It's going to be the same with Souza

I was in a one-man Oli Burke fan club whilst he was here. I still believe (probably foolishly at this stage), that he could be a decent centre forward. But he would need to go down to League 1, work out the position, bag a hatful and make his way back up the pyramid. Its never going to happen now he's had big salaries thrown at him prematurely.

I was in a one-man Oli Burke fan club whilst he was here. I still believe (probably foolishly at this stage), that he could be a decent centre forward. But he would need to go down to League 1, work out the position, bag a hatful and make his way back up the pyramid. Its never going to happen now he's had big salaries thrown at him prematurely.
He lacks basic competence in every technical discipline and has no tactical/positional sense. I think that ship sailed when Leipzig gave up on him and, politely, called him too thick to be coached

Back
Top Bottom