CONFIRMED Vinícius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top 10 midfielders. Tackles won+blocks+interceptions+clearances

PlayerTotalPer 90
João Palhinha
135​
8.6​
Christian Nørgaard
123​
7.2​
Edson Álvarez
121​
8.1​
Vinicius Souza
119​
7.1​
Declan Rice
111​
5.7​
Tomáš Souček
109​
6.4​
Mario Lemina
102​
6.3​
Conor Gallagher
99​
5.6​
James Garner
99​
5.5​
Oliver Norwood
95​
6.7​
That makes it look like Norwood and Souza could be the dream midfield!

We are going to play more attacking and ball posessing football in Championship against easier opponents and he will do much much better!
Why? He’s a player who runs around like a headless chicken tackling people.

His issue is he is constantly out of position. This would happen at League Two level for him. He doesn’t offer much attacking wise as it’s not really his role.

His performances would be similar however we wouldn’t be as punished as much.

There’s a player in there but you need a perfect system built around him to do well.

If he was better on the ball then he would be okay.

Souza will be our biggest sale in 2 years time at approx 60m (if we can stay in the EPL) Bookmark this and see you in the future.
Vini my friend, I will give you some tips. Don’t flap your arms around when you pass it out of play. That will give you a lot more favour with the fans.

2 weeks time you’ll be enjoying yourself in Brazil. Have a good time and make sure you answer any calls from your agent.

Bloody hell talk about ott hyperbole
Ndiaye becomes a forgotten man all of a sudden if this guy signs. Fantastic player
This guy was far more grounded and still got it wrong. He's not a strong championship signing
Probably ends Doyle's return but if it's a permanent a strong championship signing for next season

This thread needs to be deleted.

Every time I see it with the big green 'Confirmed' tag on next to his name, my heart skips a beat for a second as I think he has been sold on to some poor sods. Then reality kicks in and I think about the days we used to have players who gave a rats fuck in the team and I get depressed again.

The more I see and read about this chap, the more I think that the early posts in this thread being dead excited about him must have been confused and somehow thought we were signing Vinicius Jr.

This fantastic signing who will transform the side and make us forget Ndiaye and he's a poor man's David Batty...

This chap wasn't so far off, though Berkshire Blade

Vin might well rip it up in the championship, it's probably his level. However his attitude is atrocious which is a big worry. Seems like he loves the "being a footballer" (almost) limelight and is why he publicly dated that reality person and thinks he should be a Brazil international.

Can't exactly see him rocking up to Plymouth or Preston on a cold Tuesday night and giving a fuck tbh.

Vin might well rip it up in the championship, it's probably his level. However his attitude is atrocious which is a big worry. Seems like he loves the "being a footballer" (almost) limelight and is why he publicly dated that reality person and thinks he should be a Brazil international.

Can't exactly see him rocking up to Plymouth or Preston on a cold Tuesday night and giving a fuck tbh.
Thats my concern. I actually think he's alright on the ball, could do a job as the deeper lying central midfielder that also likes to carry the ball forward. He has shown glimpses, too rarely, but he's shown something of the player he is. So far not enough for the Premier League, week in week out, but Championship could do a job.

He's too bulky, so needs to be leaner, but that's not his problem. He has to change his attitude and i can't see it. It affects others and the team isn't together when you have players like this trying to be billy big bollocks without doing the graft. I actually still want him to be a twat, but he has to be the hardest working twat on the pitch to earn respect of his team mates and the fans.

And its those games you mention where he'll probably be alright, because he'll have space. But up against same quality players he will just revert to the Souza we've seen this year.

I wouldn't fancy him starting in games against Leeds or Wednesday, that's for sure, even if he'll piss all over Bannan

He is a knob but I do think he could do alright in the Championship. That said I think the likes of him and Anel reckon they are above that level.

People find the idea that a player has to fit the profile of the club a bit backwards/Bladey etc but this is a case where it really does matter.

When a club is in a position like ours, hamstrung in terms of finances and infrastructure to recruit then the ones you do bring in need to be ready to run through brick walls and play like their lives depended on it week in week out.

Sadly this lad, who on paper looked like he fitted the bill and clearly does possess some ability, has rocked up thinking he’s made it and we should be grateful he came here.

He will sum up this season for me like Dean Hammond summed up Adkins tenure. At least Hammond could point to the fact his legs had gone. Souza is still early 20s and looks as though he’s happy to piss his career away phoning it in.

Fortunately for Wilder first time round he was able to bomb Hammond out as the financial
stakes weren’t so high. He made a big statement about the shape his squad would take and the rest became history.

Sadly we aren’t in the position to let a £10-15m player rot training with the kids (which is what the guy deserves). Best we can hope for is a loan back to La Liga with us picking up most of his wages.

He will do nothing for us in the Championship as he simply doesn’t have the desire to perform to the required standard.

It appears Vini is this years John Lundstram

John Lundstram who went on to spear head a title winning and europa league finalist rangers side the year after

If anything I have learnt about blades fans it’s that the majority of our fans don’t have a scooby and have a herd mentality

Unlike myself who is a grade A uefa qualified

For example Cameron archer was the next R9 now the majority think he is a poor mans Matty Done 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

I think a midfield of arblaster / Hamer / Souza plus a Lewis Obrien would be one of the best in the league easily

John Lundstram who went on to spear head a title winning and europa league finalist rangers side the year after

If anything I have learnt about blades fans it’s that the majority of our fans don’t have a scooby and have a herd mentality

For example Cameron archer was the next R9 now the majority think he is a poor mans Matty Done 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

I think a midfield of arblaster / Hamer / Souza plus a Lewis Obrien would be one of the best in the league easily
Take Souza out of that and I'd be very happy

If a post ever screamed 'I've not been all season but I play football manager' than it's right here.

Poor attempt fallow lad

I still think he has potential to be great for us and I actually quite like his personality (I remember the interview after Luton away etc, he came across really well).

The big question is does he want to build something special with us.

If not, he has to go because he isn't good enough to be half arsed about it.

From him being on the bench for past few games, I get the feeling he is off.

You're not the first poster on here to say Lundstram won a league title with Rangers recently. He hasn't.

He has all the attributes, physically at least, to make a solid PL player but his attitude just isn't there when the going gets tough - especially so for a team that's struggling to get on the ball.

We can't afford to carry a player like that when we need all of them to be pulling in the right direction. Both he and AA are quick to point fingers elsewhere when they should be looking at their own contributions to a disastrous season.

If Milan do want him and it's not just agent talk then I'd be very surprised. I'd also take anything over what we paid for him.

Milan won't be paying for him if they want him. There's little money in Italy and they'll be trying to get him on loan like they tried with Berge. I don't see us getting a fee for him in pre season and he will loaned out somewhere in Europe.

Shame to see him go.

Would imagine it’s his agent being smart drumming up interest and I’m all for it.

Milan won't be paying for him if they want him. There's little money in Italy and they'll be trying to get him on loan like they tried with Berge. I don't see us getting a fee for him in pre season and he will loaned out somewhere in Europe.
I want you to be wrong …. But I fear your right.

Back
Top Bottom