tick tock tick tock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's the problem though M/M, every player has got a price, and why don't they want to come here. 18,000 average gates, ground and training facilities second to none outside a few premiership teams, and probably all the championship and L1. Big Blade, Big sigh, very frustrated. UTB whatever happens.
......and playing in league one. I think that's why they don't want to come.

Suppose wrongly put but what I was saying was in regards to your pont on valuations and sticking to them or not.

We decide the value to us of a player. We stick to it. If we don't then whats the point in having a valuation. Don't pay above what you value it / them at surely?
Depends on how much you want the player,if you want him that badly you will pay above the valuation,but obviously you don't lead on as to what you valued the player at in the first place.

Lol.

I didn't.

I'm guessing they're your feelings / what you want to believe. The facts are different though.

Lol.

I didn't.

I'm guessing they're your feelings / what you want to believe. The facts are different though.
I havent seen aything to suggest we did so I have to believe we didnt

If you were a player would you sign for a League one side early in the window, or hold out till the end to see if you can get a better offer?
I don't know what you're saying Bob,why is that relevant to what i have posted? Sorry,don't mean to be ignorant btw.

Depends on how much you want the player,if you want him that badly you will pay above the valuation,but obviously you don't lead on as to what you valued the player at in the first place.
But then you're valuation is higher / no point in sticking to your valuation / my as well just spend willy nilly. Point understood though.

I havent seen aything to suggest we did so I have to believe we didnt

Well I can tell you that we did, not that you'd want to believe.

They wanted to play as high as possible. We're Div III unfortunately.

I don't know what you're saying Bob,why is that relevant to what i have posted? Sorry,don't mean to be ignorant btw.
You need players ready to sign as well as the clubs agreement to complete the transfer. You are asking why we've not got our business done early, I'm saying if you were a rated player at our level would you sign early in the transfer window for a league one club, because I wouldn't.

Dog Blade said:
Well I can tell you that we did, not that you'd want to believe.

They wanted to play as high as possible. We're Div III unfortunately.
I dont mate , nothing personal but im starting to think im the only blade not itk

But then you're valuation is higher / no point in sticking to your valuation / my as well just spend willy nilly. Point understood though.
Thank you for understanding.I'm not saying to spend willy nilly at all. bladesadviser made a very good point in the shout box earlier,why don't you put the money together from the 3 players we were supposedly in for and spend that BIT more and get the player you want most,only if it was the money that was the issue,if not then that theory goes straight out of the window.

Not talking about championship or above F/ BOB, just meant other L1 teams players,i.e macdonald, from us to wolves.
MacDonald was because of the huge wages Wolves could pay, plus the fact that their budget was vasty superior to everyone elses due to the parachute payments. Wolves were stuck on for promotion, there really was very little chance they weren't going up from the moment they were relegated.

MacDonald was because of the huge wages Wolves could pay, plus the fact that their budget was vasty superior to everyone elses due to the parachute payments. Wolves were stuck on for promotion, there really was very little chance they weren't going up from the moment they were relegated.
Point taken, just frustrated that's all.

Fair enough. Can understand that from some of the stuff you see on here. See my post on Higdon a long time before he was announced. I do to get know a lot but understand where you're coming from.

but also just think about it from Coady and Brayfords point of view. Footballers don't get attached easily anymore, as much as they may say they do. They want to play as high as possible. They want to earn as much as possible. Championship suits them a lot better currently.

I don't give a shit if we pay over the odds because we've left it so late.
Clough says we need 2-3 players to get us out of the division.... Pay the money!
If we fail on all three of these supposed targets we've either set out sights on players who aren't willing to leave or we aren't offering enough.
Either way it's not great is it!?

I understand the frustration, but if Clough comes out and says the club didn't back him that's one thing.
If the deals weren't there to be had, and he's happy going for the loans then that's OK with me.
Hope the first bits not the case, otherwise could be a nail in the proverbial coffin for clough not to hang around to long.

You need players ready to sign as well as the clubs agreement to complete the transfer. You are asking why we've not got our business done early, I'm saying if you were a rated player at our level would you sign early in the transfer window for a league one club, because I wouldn't.
Sorry Flatulent_Bob you have misunderstood me .I have already stated in another thread that i'm happy as long as we didn't get rid of any of our main players.The post you replied to was in response to the post from Come from away ,and Foxy ,i think we have already done some decent buisness,not spent a lot,but still brought in some adequate players,all we need now are a couple of quality loan signings to get us over the line,then see if it really was bullshit about the statement,when or should i say if we get to the Championship.

I'm in agreement though with the question you asked,if that makes any difference.I'd wait until the end just like you would and propably the majority of other people would.

45min left, I'm sick of trawling the forums.... We are signing sweet FA!
Night fellas.
I am pissed off because Clough admitted we need reinforcements but 2morro morning il just be happy we kept Baxter n Murphy.
UTB

Back
Top Bottom