tick tock tick tock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think people misunderstood mals small change comment

What really fucks me off is the fact that the pigs for all their troubles of having no cash or takeover investment can still manage to bring players in when they only got £1.5m allegedly for their star player, and they only managed 20,000 for their televised top of the table game with Forest, 3000 of which came from Nottingham. Even Mandaric has more ambition than our boardroom grrrrrrrrrr.

Nigel has given names to those that do the deals. How do we know it's not other clubs or the players themselves that don't want to play ball. We can't make players come here and we can't pay silly wages. We don't know what's happening behind the scenes so well just have to be patient( and I know about patience, I have been following the Blades for over 30 years)

Out of interest how do you know / who said we didn't go for the two loan players Judge?

Nigel has given names to those that do the deals. How do we know it's not other clubs or the players themselves that don't want to play ball. We can't make players come here and we can't pay silly wages. We don't know what's happening behind the scenes so well just have to be patient( and I know about patience, I have been following the Blades for over 30 years)
After following the Blades for 30 years you should know bleedin different :rolleyes:

Clough always said we have our own valuations that we stick to, so if somebody ups the price cause it is dealing day I assume we will not pay but just wait for the loan opportunity and wait for the next window - why panic.
Yes but why wait until dealing day in the first place then?

Was it 7.5 million West Ham paid for that striker who was the only one out of ten players to fail the penalty shoot out ?
Just shows no matter how much you pay there are no guarantees in this game dun it....;)

I know, I can't believe we didn't even dip our toe into the market months ago. :rolleyes:
I was referring to the fact that if he knew who else he wanted,why wait until the day where we all know the prices go up?

I was referring to the fact that if he knew who else he wanted,why wait until the day where we all know the prices go up?

He just wanted to troll everyone, that, or perhaps discussions start before people actually hear about them, but people wait for movement elsewhere to push the button.

He just wanted to troll everyone, that, or perhaps discussions start before people actually hear about them, but people wait for movement elsewhere to push the button.
Yes but we all know on deadline day you can't stick to your own valuation and expect to get the player you want,the valuations always go up.

We need a quality signing in to keep us happy. Don't think its going to happen

Yes but we all know on deadline day you can't stick to your own valuation and expect to get the player you want,the valuations allways go up.

You absolutely should stick to your own maximum valuation, otherwise what is the point of having one?

You absolutely should stick to your own maximum valuation, otherwise what is the point of having one?
I'm not saying we shouldn't but if you stick to it on deadline day 9 times out of ten you're going to come unstuck.

But if you don't pay more than your valuation then surely you've succeeded....!? :)

Ultimately, our manager has said that if we want to go up, we are lacking two players - almost certainly a defender and a striker.
a) what does that say to the rest of the squad?
b) isn't it an indictment of both the board and the manager that we have been left short (in the manager's opinion) as we presumably leave the transfer window?

Succeeded in what? Not getting the player you wantedo_O
Keys in the word valuation though. If you're going to spend whatever then don't have a valuation. Valuations don't go up, desperation levels do.

Keys in the word valuation though. If you're going to spend whatever then don't have a valuation. Valuations don't go up, desperation levels do.
What do you mean valuations don't go up.Of course they do,especially on days like today.

Deadline day is all one big made up crock of shit given that we, in league one, can continue signing players after it has closed.

sky sports, who invented this ludicrous concept of now or never signings, can fuck right off.

That's the problem though M/M, every player has got a price, and why don't they want to come here. 18,000 average gates, ground and training facilities second to none outside a few premiership teams, and probably all the championship and L1. Big Blade, Big sigh, very frustrated. UTB whatever happens.

What do you mean valuations don't go up.Of course they do,especially on days like today.
Suppose wrongly put but what I was saying was in regards to your pont on valuations and sticking to them or not.

We decide the value to us of a player. We stick to it. If we don't then whats the point in having a valuation. Don't pay above what you value it / them at surely?

One thing is for certain is that the club (and the manager) cannot be surprised with supporters being pissed off this evening.

When the manager says "we're still one or two players off", he's guiding the supporters' expectations of what we can expect.

And 3 month loans will simply not suffice, sorry.

Yes but we all know on deadline day you can't stick to your own valuation and expect to get the player you want,the valuations always go up.
If you were a player would you sign for a League one side early in the window, or hold out till the end to see if you can get a better offer?

Back
Top Bottom