The Run In Bingo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheffield United's remaining fixtures

• Millwall (A).......................Draw 0-0 = 1pt.............Actual score 3-2 to Millwall
  • Watford (H).....................Lose 1-0 = 0pt................Actual score 1-0 to Blades
  • Blackburn (A).................Lose 3-0 = 0pt...............Actual score 1-0 to Blackburn (Should have been 3-0 hit bar and post)
  • Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt..................Actual score 1-0 to Blades.....................already 5 points better off than my predictions 👍
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts..................Actual score 1-0 to Luton...............its swings and roundabouts with these 1-0 wins/loss'
  • Sunderland (A)............Lose 4-0 = 0pt...................Actual score 2-1 to Blades...............back into the groove,
  • International Break
  • Norwich City (A)........Lose 2-0 = 0pt..................Actual Score 1-0 to Blades..............as above ^^^^
  • Wigan (H)....................Win 2-0 = 3pts
  • Burnley (A)...................Lose 4-0 = 0pt
  • Cardiff City (H)..........Win 2-1 = 3pts
  • Bristol City (H)............Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Huddersfield (A)........Win 1-0 = 3pts
  • West Brom (H).............Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Preston (H)...................Draw 2-2 = 1pt
  • Birmingham (A)........Lose 1-0 = 0 p
Boro's remaining fixtures

• QPR (H)...............................Win 2-0 = 3pts .............. Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • West Brom (A)................Draw 1-1 = 1pt................Actual score 2-0 to WBA
  • Reading (H).....................Win 3-1 = 3pts.................Actual score 5-0 to Boro
  • Swansea (A)....................Win 2-1 =3pts...................Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • Stoke (H)..........................Win 2-0 =3pts....................Actual score 1-1.
  • Preston (H)......................Draw 1-1 = 1pt..................Actual score 4-0 to Boro
  • Huddersfield (A).........Win 3-0 =3pts.....................Actual score 4-2 to Huddersfield..............Thanks uncle Neil.
  • Burnley (H).....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Bristol City (A)..............Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Norwich City (H).........Lose1-0 =0pt
  • Hull City (H)..................Draw 1-1 = 1pt
  • Luton Town (A)...........Lose 2-0 = 0pt
  • Rotherham (A)............Win 1-0 = 3pts
  • Coventry (H)................draw 2-2 =1pt
So to update, in the last 7 games you had us down to get 4 points, we got 12. You had Middlesborough down to get 17 points, they got 13.

What do you do as a day job?

So to update, in the last 7 games you had us down to get 4 points, we got 12. You had Middlesborough down to get 17 points, they got 13.

What do you do as a day job?
4 correct out of 14 (28.6%) so far, for something that a blind monkey should get 33% right just by pressing buttons at random!
The more worrying thing here is he has Boro on a major downturn in form - one that almost certainly won't happen given his record...

• Millwall (A).......................Draw 0-0 = 1pt.............Actual score 3-2 to Millwall
  • Watford (H).....................Lose 1-0 = 0pt................Actual score 1-0 to Blades
  • Blackburn (A).................Lose 3-0 = 0pt...............Actual score 1-0 to Blackburn (Should have been 3-0 hit bar and post)
  • Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt..................Actual score 1-0 to Blades.....................already 5 points better off than my predictions 👍
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts..................Actual score 1-0 to Luton...............its swings and roundabouts with these 1-0 wins/loss'
  • Sunderland (A)............Lose 4-0 = 0pt...................Actual score 2-1 to Blades...............back into the groove,
  • International Break
  • Norwich City (A)........Lose 2-0 = 0pt..................Actual Score 1-0 to Blades..............as above ^^^^
  • Wigan (H)....................Win 2-0 = 3pts

• QPR (H)...............................Win 2-0 = 3pts .............. Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • West Brom (A)................Draw 1-1 = 1pt................Actual score 2-0 to WBA
  • Reading (H).....................Win 3-1 = 3pts.................Actual score 5-0 to Boro
  • Swansea (A)....................Win 2-1 =3pts...................Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • Stoke (H)..........................Win 2-0 =3pts....................Actual score 1-1.
  • Preston (H)......................Draw 1-1 = 1pt..................Actual score 4-0 to Boro
  • Huddersfield (A).........Win 3-0 =3pts.....................Actual score 4-2 to Huddersfield..............Thanks uncle Neil.
  • Burnley (H).....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt

Edit.

MobileBlade said pretty much exactly what i wrote :rolleyes:

Last edited:
1680548478336.png

Even my fairly pessimistic outlook now has us getting over the line.
Vital we take care of Wigan at home as it will allow us a loss at Burnley, which I see as likely given what will be at stake for them that night.

Its a shame Luton v Boro is after our game at Wembley. If we were still in 2nd that day, with 4 left to play to their 2, it would be a promotion party.

Fun maths:

Combining our remaining 8 games, and Boro's remaining 7 games gives a total of 14,348,907 possible permutations (3 to the power of 15). Of those, 12,703,927 permutations have us ahead on points, 512,106 have us level and 1,132,874 have us behind.

In the very unlikely event that anyone is double checking, I just realised that I slipped up with my adding up (for some reason, I started with us only 5 points ahead, instead of 6).

There are actually 13,216,033 permutations with us finishing ahead, 383,567 with us level, and 749,217 with us behind. Equalling a 91.2% chance of success, assuming that all of the games are utterly random.

Which they aren't. Well, judging by the last few weeks, they might be. I don't know anymore.

In the very unlikely event that anyone is double checking, I just realised that I slipped up with my adding up (for some reason, I started with us only 5 points ahead, instead of 6).

There are actually 13,216,033 permutations with us finishing ahead, 383,567 with us level, and 749,217 with us behind. Equalling a 91.2% chance of success, assuming that all of the games are utterly random.

Which they aren't. Well, judging by the last few weeks, they might be. I don't know anymore.

I was going to say, 14.35m permutations, what a joke!

Fun maths:

Combining our remaining 8 games, and Boro's remaining 7 games gives a total of 14,348,907 possible permutations (3 to the power of 15). Of those, 12,703,927 permutations have us ahead on points, 512,106 have us level and 1,132,874 have us behind.
Sheldon-meme.jpg

View attachment 157254

Vital we take care of Wigan at home as it will allow us a loss at Burnley, which I see as likely given what will be at stake for them that night.

Its a shame Luton v Boro is after our game at Wembley. If we were still in 2nd that day, with 4 left to play to their 2, it would be a promotion party.

Why have you changed the predictions you made 6/7 weeks ago? You are now taking the points off you already had predicted for our remaining games and adding the points you already predicted for Boro's games!

Middlesbrough:
34. WBA(a) - DRAW - (58)
35. Reading (h) - WIN - (61)
36. Swansea (a) - WIN - (64)
37. Stoke (h) - WIN - (67)
38. Preston (h) - 3 WIN - (70)
39. Huddersfield (a) - WIN - (73)
40. Burnley (h) - DRAW - (74)
41. Bristol (a) - DRAW - (75)
42. Norwich (h) - DRAW - (76)
43. Hull (h) - WIN - (79)
44. Luton (a) - LOSS - (79)
45. Rotherham (a) - DRAW - (80)
46. Coventry (h) - WIN - (83)

W7, D5, L1 _ points 26
Total - 83

Sheffield United:
33. Watford (h) DRAW - (62)
34. Blackburn (a) - LOSS - (62)
35. Reading (a) DRAW - (63)
36. Luton (h) - WIN - (66)
37. Sunderland (a) - DRAW - (67)
38. West Brom (h) - WIN - (70)
39. Norwich (a) - LOSS - (70)
40. Wigan (h) - WIN - (73)
41. Burnley (a) - LOSS - (73)
42. Cardiff (h) - WIN - (76)
43. Bristol C (h) - WIN - (79)
44. Huddersfield (a) - LOSS - (79)
45. Preston (h) - WIN - (82)
46. Birmingham (a) - DRAW - (83)

W6, D4, L4 _ points 22
Total - 83

Think the gap will be gone within the next 3/4 games.
We're in a bit of a spiral with a tough run of games, whilst they're riding the wave and have easier opposition that they'll continue to dispatch routinely.

Then think we'll recover and they'll be due a dip of some sort eventually and it will finish very close.

Why have you changed the predictions you made 6/7 weeks ago? You are now taking the points off you already had predicted for our remaining games and adding the points you already predicted for Boro's games!

It's about the same in the end isn't it?
Except this time, we get a point more and they get a point less.

We've added a fixture to our schedule which won't help. We finish with three trips away from Bramall Lane (inc. Wembley) and get less rest than the others.

• Millwall (A).......................Draw 0-0 = 1pt L
  • Watford (H).....................Lose 1-0 = 0pt W
  • Blackburn (A).................Lose 3-0 = 0pt CORRECT apart from the score
  • Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt W
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts L
  • Sunderland (A)............Lose 4-0 = 0pt W
  • West Brom (H).............Lose 2-1 = 0pt beat blackburn in t cup instead no doubt that was going to be a loss too
  • Norwich City (A)........Lose 2-0 = 0pt W
REALITY 3 losses 5 wins

only blades could imagine us being that shite

wendies dream of results like that for us

its so so sad our fans pander to owls hopes. get a grip show some faith

View attachment 157254

good observation and as you not being over generous with our results. I think we will do better than 6 draws in last 6

and I honestly believe Burnley dont like playing us , we get round their backline far too easily

1680548478336-png.157254

another way is us averaging only 1.5 points per game we get 12 more points total 85
boro luton both get 2 points per game is 14 more total 81 again thats allowing for us not doing as well

wed have to be as low as 1 point per game to finish level , cant see it cant see drawing 4 at home on the trot

especially as we havent lost to any of the teams wev have to play this season

Before the game yesterday I said to raul that I had revised my points required estimate down to 82 from the 84 I had previously predicted.

Your logic bears that out very well.

Thank you for your support ;)
I'm sticking with my estimate from 26th February ;)

if luton lose to millwall in the early kick off friday burnley are promoted if they dont lose to boro so very much doubt that boro will beat em win for us against wigan and were up

if luton lose to millwall in the early kick off friday burnley are promoted if they dont lose to boro so very much doubt that boro will beat em win for us against wigan and were up
Even with a Luton loss (or draw), Burnley would still need to beat Middlesbrough to clinch promotion on the night.

• International Break
  • Wigan (H)....................Win 2-0 = 3pts..................Actual score 1.0 to Blades...............as above ^^^^

• Burnley (H).....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt....................Actual score 2-1 to Burnley.............ive cracked it

View attachment 157254

"Fairly pessimistic" = One win in our last 8 😂

"Fairly pessimistic" = One win in our last 8 😂

It looks a tough run-in, Roy.

And that’s against the bottom of the league, but it’s just the Captain doing Captain things.
Just don’t say he’s always overly negative about us.

Cheer up, Bob. Not been able to shut you up all season banging on about Middlesbrough this, Middlesbrough that. We're miles clear and our injuries aren't even that bad...

UTB. What a time to be alive.

It looks a tough run-in, Roy.
🤣 But you said Luton’s was favourable despite having to play all the teams around them in the playoffs. 🤷‍♂️
Cheer up, Bob. Not been able to shut you up all season banging on about Middlesbrough this, Middlesbrough that. We're miles clear and our injuries aren't even that bad...

UTB. What a time to be alive.
I’m just surprised you aren’t now saying you never said those things like “there’s no way Boro will slip up”. But yes, it looks like we’re going up, but I’ve every faith you’ll find the cloud to go with the silver lining.

🤣 But you said Luton’s was favourable despite having to play all the teams around them. 🤷‍♂️

I’m just surprised you aren’t now saying you never said those things like “there’s no way Boro will slip up”. But yes, it looks like we’re going up, but I’ve every faith you’ll find the cloud to go with the silver lining.

Have a day off, buddy. It's Easter.

Posted with a total lack of self awareness.

Bloody hell, mate. Are you still going?
I tried to lighten it up a bit by having a laugh at my own expense.

I'm delighted it looks like we're going up.
As I'm sure you are. I'm perfectly self-aware. I'm in a good mood, enjoying the bank holiday.
You seem to want an argument (not unusual), so I'll leave you to it.

Enjoy.

Bloody hell, mate. Are you still going?
I tried to lighten it up a bit by having a laugh at my own expense.

I'm delighted it looks like we're going up.
As I'm sure you are. I'm perfectly self-aware. I'm in a good mood, enjoying the bank holiday.
You seem to want an argument (not unusual), so I'll leave you to it.

Enjoy.
2B56978C-B941-498A-9295-5CB382657560.gif

Back
Top Bottom