The Run In Bingo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheffield United's remaining fixtures

• Millwall (A).......................Draw 0-0 = 1pt.............Actual score 3-2 to Millwall
  • Watford (H).....................Lose 1-0 = 0pt................Actual score 1-0 to Blades
  • Blackburn (A).................Lose 3-0 = 0pt...............Actual score 1-0 to Blackburn (Should have been 3-0 hit bar and post)
  • Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts
  • Sunderland (A)............Lose 4-0 = 0pt
  • West Brom (H).............Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Norwich City (A)........Lose 2-0 = 0pt
  • Wigan (H)....................Win 2-0 = 3pts
  • Burnley (A)...................Lose 4-0 = 0pt
  • Cardiff City (H)..........Win 2-1 = 3pts
  • Bristol City (H)............Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Huddersfield (A)........Win 1-0 = 3pts
  • Preston (H)...................Draw 2-2 = 1pt
  • Birmingham (A)........Lose 1-0 = 0 p
Boro's remaining fixtures

• QPR (H)...............................Win 2-0 = 3pts .............. Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • West Brom (A)................Draw 1-1 = 1pt................Actual score 2-0 to WBA
  • Reading (H).....................Win 3-1 = 3pts.................Actual score 5-0 to Boro
  • Swansea (A)....................Win 2-1 =3pts
  • Stoke (H)..........................Win 2-0 =3pts
  • Preston (H)......................Draw 1-1 = 1pt
  • Huddersfield (A).........Win 3-0 =3pts
  • Burnley (H).....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Bristol City (A)..............Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Norwich City (H).........Lose1-0 =0pt
  • Hull City (H)..................Draw 1-1 = 1pt
  • Luton Town (A)...........Lose 2-0 = 0pt
  • Rotherham (A)............Win 1-0 = 3pts
  • Coventry (H)................draw 2-2 =1pt

TBH I think we'd probably be the best team in the Play Offs on paper at least. But the question would be, could our players get over the heartache/hangover of missing out on the autos?

Maybe this could be our season for finally winning the Play Offs, where it would be unexpected especially after the disappointment of losing the autos after such a commanding points lead.
No we'd fall apart

• Millwall (A).......................Draw 0-0 = 1pt.............Actual score 3-2 to Millwall
  • Watford (H).....................Lose 1-0 = 0pt................Actual score 1-0 to Blades
  • Blackburn (A).................Lose 3-0 = 0pt...............Actual score 1-0 to Blackburn (Should have been 3-0 hit bar and post)
  • Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt.................Actual score 1-0 to Blades.....................already 5 points better off than my predictions 👍
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts

Always tempting to try to predict results of the remaining fixtures, when it gets to the business end of the season.

Having been through all of the fixtures, I reckon that the closest that Middlesbrough will get to us is 2 points behind on 1 April - partly by reason of us having a game in hand again due to the Cup weekend.

Thereafter, I expect us to pull away again as we have our run of 5 home fixtures out of 7, and Middlesbrough’s fixtures get quite testing. Ultimately, I see our gap to 3rd ending up pretty much what it is now.

I have Norwich finishing 4th, by the way, and knowing them, they will probably then go on to win the play-offs.

Blackburn will collapse in their final 5 fixtures. Luton, too, will run out of steam and 5th and 6th will be 2 from WBA, Watford and Millwall.

Always tempting to try to predict results of the remaining fixtures, when it gets to the business end of the season.

Having been through all of the fixtures, I reckon that the closest that Middlesbrough will get to us is 2 points behind on 1 April - partly by reason of us having a game in hand again due to the Cup weekend.

Thereafter, I expect us to pull away again as we have our run of 5 home fixtures out of 7, and Middlesbrough’s fixtures get quite testing. Ultimately, I see our gap to 3rd ending up pretty much what it is now.

I have Norwich finishing 4th, by the way, and knowing them, they will probably then go on to win the play-offs.

Blackburn will collapse in their final 5 fixtures. Luton, too, will run out of steam and 5th and 6th will be 2 from WBA, Watford and Millwall.
Good points well made. I see Boro as our only threat as well. Luton and Blackburn's remaining fixtures are very difficult and they would need near maximum points return from them - not going to happen. Teams currently below 4th place are too far off to be a threat.

If we beat Luton this weekend and a very out of form Sunderland mid week then we can only be 'at worst', 4 points in front of Boro IF they win their next 3 games (which they probably will do) We then have our game in hand.

Winning the next 2 games would be massive for us with only 9 remaining.

UTMB

I have a feeling that the away at Huddersfield Town will be Tuesday 2nd May.

• Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt..................Actual score 1-0 to Blades.....................already 5 points better off than my predictions 👍
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts..................Actual score 1-0 to Luton...............its swings and roundabouts with these 1-0 wins/loss'

• QPR (H)...............................Win 2-0 = 3pts .............. Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • West Brom (A)................Draw 1-1 = 1pt................Actual score 2-0 to WBA
  • Reading (H).....................Win 3-1 = 3pts.................Actual score 5-0 to Boro
  • Swansea (A)....................Win 2-1 =3pts...................Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • Stoke (H)..........................Win 2-0 =3pts

• Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt..................Actual score 1-0 to Blades.....................already 5 points better off than my predictions 👍
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts..................Actual score 1-0 to Luton...............its swings and roundabouts with these 1-0 wins/loss'
  • Sunderland (A)............Lose 4-0 = 0pt...................Actual score 2-1 to Blades...............back into the groove,

• Swansea (A)....................Win 2-1 =3pts...................Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • Stoke (H)..........................Win 2-0 =3pts....................Actual score 1-1.

So with 9 games to go

Boro 22 - 3 = 19

Blades 14 + 5 = 19
:)

PS at the beginig of the season
my prediction of blades points was 83 points
we have done better on some of my predictions & the updated total is now 88 points
UTB
:)

If Middlesbrough are ‘this season’s Forest’ they will win 10, draw 3 and lose 1 of their last 14. That’s what Forest did, and that would put Boro on 86 points.
Like it or not, we are in squeaky bum territory.
Last four or five games will be what counts when pressure is truly on Blades and Boro …assuming neither has imploded by then

• Sunderland (A)............Lose 4-0 = 0pt...................Actual score 2-1 to Blades...............back into the groove,
  • International Break

• Stoke (H)..........................Win 2-0 =3pts....................Actual score 1-1.
  • Preston (H)......................Draw 1-1 = 1pt..................Actual score 4-0 to Boro

Rather than starting a new thread for this, if Wigan don't fulfill their fixtures how are the points allocated?

Rather than starting a new thread for this, if Wigan don't fulfill their fixtures how are the points allocated?
I think teams lose the points they’ve gained off Wigan. I think that is what happened previously but can’t remember who with.

I believe all results are removed. So if you won 1-0 and drew 2-2, you lose 4 points and have 3 GF and 2 GA removed.

Assuming they expunge their record, we would lose 3 points, and our game in hand, Boro would lose 6. We'd lose +1 off our GD and 2 off our goals scored, Boro would lose +6 off thei GD and 8 off GS.

We'd be 6 ahead with 8 to play - I wouldn't be averse to this happening from an SUFC pov - would be awful for Wigan fans though...

Assuming they expunge their record, we would lose 3 points, and our game in hand, Boro would lose 6. We'd lose +1 off our GD and 2 off our goals scored, Boro would lose +6 off thei GD and 8 off GS.

We'd be 6 ahead with 8 to play - I wouldn't be averse to this happening from an SUFC pov - would be awful for Wigan fans though...

I think they'll be ok

I think teams lose the points they’ve gained off Wigan. I think that is what happened previously but can’t remember who with.

It happened with Bury

"Should this happen, Bury’s record from the 2019/20 season would be expunged with League One consisting of 23 Clubs for the remainder of the campaign and the number of relegation places reduced to three at the conclusion of 2019/20 season. Four promotion places would remain from League Two ensuring a full complement of 24 teams in League One in 2020/21."

Boro have beaten Wigan 4-1 twice. So they'd lose 6points and -6GD

United beat them 2-1 so we would lose 3points (extend points by 3 on Boro) and lose -1GD (gain 5 goals on Boro).

Sorry Wigan.... see ya 👋👋👋

So what do we think then boys and girls?

1680010387341.png

I'm thinking Boro go above us Saturday.
We go back above Good Friday.
They go back above Easter Monday.

Then we have 4 home games on the bounce

• International Break
  • Norwich City (A)........Lose 2-0 = 0pt..................Actual Score 1-0 to Blades..............as above ^^^^

• Preston (H)......................Draw 1-1 = 1pt..................Actual score 4-0 to Boro
  • Huddersfield (A).........Win 3-0 =3pts.....................Actual score 4-2 to Huddersfield..............Thanks uncle Neil.

Fuck me, I admire your optimism in returning here again and again predicting results. Given you performance to date I’d be inclined to keep quiet. I can only assume that you day job is Boris Johnson head of economic strategy or by any chance, are you my pension fund manager as well……😉

Fun maths:

Combining our remaining 8 games, and Boro's remaining 7 games gives a total of 14,348,907 possible permutations (3 to the power of 15). Of those, 12,703,927 permutations have us ahead on points, 512,106 have us level and 1,132,874 have us behind.

Fun maths:

Combining our remaining 8 games, and Boro's remaining 7 games gives a total of 14,348,907 possible permutations (3 to the power of 15). Of those, 12,703,927 permutations have us ahead on points, 512,106 have us level and 1,132,874 have us behind.
So are we going up or what?

Fun maths:

Now I can rest easy !!

Back
Top Bottom