The Results so far

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We’re still only a win away from getting out of the bottom three!!

Yeah I know the seasons dead already who am I kidding

Yes but with Shittier players and still managed to compete with most other than Newcastle and yesterday's opponents Wet Sham.
UTB
But we haven't really have we, this is a rose tinted glasses view isnt it.
Weve tried, weve had a go, but we haven't really competed, our best game was against one of the worst teams in the league, Everton, we tried against Spurs but fell apart when we got tired, Wes has kept us in almost all of the games, and Newcastle finished us off.
The players heads are down, im not sure Hecky is capable of getting them back up like Wilder did, hes not that type of manager, and we need that now.
I'm not saying get Wilder back as gaffer, but we need that sort of influence in the dressing room, and without Sharp, it doesn't look like there's many places for it to come from!?

The results so far show that we can't compete at this level.
Stinking out the PL is the price we have to pay for :
Getting promoted thereby avoiding bankruptcy and
Failing to recruit the necessary quality.
It was the best of times.
It was the worst of times.
We simply had to get promoted otherwise we faced bankruptcy.
But we couldn't spend anything when we arrived.
Planning to be a yo-yo club means that the PL season is a disaster.
Whether the players can recover from the experience , we'll find out next season.

The results so far show that we can't compete at this level.
Stinking out the PL is the price we have to pay for :
Getting promoted thereby avoiding bankruptcy and
Failing to recruit the necessary quality.
It was the best of times.
It was the worst of times.
We simply had to get promoted otherwise we faced bankruptcy.
But we couldn't spend anything when we arrived.
Planning to be a yo-yo club means that the PL season is a disaster.
Whether the players can recover from the experience , we'll find out next season.
Since 1976 I see us as a top 10 club in the 2nd tier. Every season in the PL league the rich clubs have become richer and the poor clubs have become weaker so for us it makes sense on planning to be a yo yo club

Start by sacking the defence coach, as hes fucking ruined us at the back.
This ^^^^^^ he ruined Cardiff who quickly got rid of him, who actually thought it was a good idea to hire a coach who had failed so miserably at lower Championship Cardiff?
While the defence looks a shambles there are reasons. Baldock is a big miss, he really should have been made captain because he is the only one who you hear shouting instructions in game. Regarding Anel I don't think he has fully recovered from the illness which can take months. Egan seems to have fallen off a cliff with his form made worse by the stupid decision to play for Ireland when not 100% fit. JLT seems to be the only defender doing a job just now so I can understand Trusty not starting to an extent. Left wing back has been a problem all season the two players we have brought in are no better than Lowe. I'd like to see a back three of Anel or Bash alongside JLT and Trusty.
Another thing that stands out for me is we can't play Hamer and McAtee in the same midfield as they don't track back and get tackles in we looked better with Slimane Souze and Davis in there, pick one of McAtee to replace Archer and have an extra man in midfield to take some pressure off the defence. Hamer has to learn quick not to give the ball away so often in this league if you do it ends up with the other team scoring usually this is not the championship where you can get away with sloppiness.

Reckon that we will be on last on Match of the Day all season as everyone will know the outcome beforehand and probably no one will care care.
Its embarrassing

But we haven't really have we, this is a rose tinted glasses view isnt it.
Weve tried, weve had a go, but we haven't really competed, our best game was against one of the worst teams in the league, Everton, we tried against Spurs but fell apart when we got tired, Wes has kept us in almost all of the games, and Newcastle finished us off.
The players heads are down, im not sure Hecky is capable of getting them back up like Wilder did, hes not that type of manager, and we need that now.
I'm not saying get Wilder back as gaffer, but we need that sort of influence in the dressing room, and without Sharp, it doesn't look like there's many places for it to come from!?
You're quite right, gawd knows what the morale is like int dressing room, roll on next season.
UTB

Not sure tbh, those 80s weekenders are supposed be a good laugh, ah fuck you typed Putins, not Butlins 🤣

If you want your cock sucked by a married mum of three, full your boots...

I know two who've been, both divorced now 🤣🤣

Start by sacking the defence coach, as hes fucking ruined us at the back.

I don't like calling for folk to be sacked, but I think you are right.

Our inability to defend crossed all of a sudden is frankly embarrassing.

At the start of the season our defence was the one area of the team that I was confident in. Now I wouldn't back them against lower league
opponents.

No need to panic I saw the Blades beat florist 3-2,32 years ago at Bramall Lane in the old division one, a week or so before Xmas our first win of the season. we finished in the top 10 that season. we have not played ten games yet, people are saying we are going down already. Up to the Newcastle game we only lost by the odd goal and played well. easy to say now but that game should have been postponed after the sad death of Maddy Cusack RIP. we lost 8-0. we lost 2-0 at West Ham yesterday. but played okay in the last 20 min. the injured players are starting to get fit hopefully now Hecky can pick a stronger team. I will make a couple of predictions, we will beat Fulham and lick Man Utd. One thing for sure is 100% we are nowhere near as bad as wendy. Up THE BLADES.

No need to panic I saw the Blades beat florist 3-2,32 years ago at Bramall Lane in the old division one, a week or so before Xmas our first win of the season. we finished in the top 10 that season. we have not played ten games yet, people are saying we are going down already. Up to the Newcastle game we only lost by the odd goal and played well. easy to say now but that game should have been postponed after the sad death of Maddy Cusack RIP. we lost 8-0. we lost 2-0 at West Ham yesterday. but played okay in the last 20 min. the injured players are starting to get fit hopefully now Hecky can pick a stronger team. I will make a couple of predictions, we will beat Fulham and lick Man Utd. One thing for sure is 100% we are nowhere near as bad as wendy. Up THE BLADES.
I was at that game too, we definitely didn't finish top 10 that season though

Can't see Dyche being around at Everton for long. Just saying like....

Since 1976 I see us as a top 10 club in the 2nd tier. Every season in the PL league the rich clubs have become richer and the poor clubs have become weaker so for us it makes sense on planning to be a yo yo club
For 55 years since starting at the Lane in 1968 I have always hoped we'd become established in the top tier - that's what I would call progress.
However , I now have to concede that your realism is well founded.
That dream is over now that the money is so unequal.
But when you consistently hope for success for your club , it is a very clever psychological trick to "keep the faith" when you know that occasional visits to the top tier will end in agony.
I don't know if I can be enthusiastic for promotions which ultimately get us nowhere - how do you do it ?

People thinking this side can string a run of results together akin to Bassetts 90/91 must be on mind bending drugs.

Wak you are correct we finished 13th 1990-91 and did not win up to just before Xmas. They did really well in the second half of that season.

Wf no need for comments like that,, am on drugs but only prescribed by a doctor. not mind-bending ones though.

Back
Top Bottom