The dreaded P word

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was watching the 1997/98 review the other day and Lionel Perez in the Sunderland goal had a blinder in both games including an incredible double save at their place. That certainly was an eventful season, even by Blades standards.
All we needed was a proper manager after Spackman spat his dummy out but no, that was too difficult. Is it any wonder we can be so negative at times? And did we learn from that? Did we fuck.

All we needed was a proper manager after Spackman spat his dummy out but no, that was too difficult. Is it any wonder we can be so negative at times? And did we learn from that? Did we fuck.

That was the season we should have been promoted. Remember seeing us win away at a very good Middlesbrough side and thinking that we looked like a proper football team with good confident players. But of course Dane got crocked and then the board pulled the plug out in the New Year.

It was incredible that the side got to the FA Cup semi final despite putting a brainless moron in charge.

For me winning a play off final comes under the heading of unfinished business. Every time we lose and walk dejectedly back to the car/ coach while the opposition are are celebrating I think; I want to have that feeling.
However, my sensible head says automatics is less stressful, less expensive for the fans and allows us a head start in the transfer market. I'll settle for that.

The only unfinished business we have to be concerned about is a the away fixture at MK Dons 5 years to the day when our promotion challenge came off the rails. This time there'll be a ball in at the back post and instead of a Beattie miss we'll have Billy to slam it home. Start the party....

Play-offs would be taking a second lottery ticket when you should've already taken the jackpot by rights.

Let's just keep putting points on the table and play some extra games if we have to.

The only unfinished business we have to be concerned about is a the away fixture at MK Dons 5 years to the day when our promotion challenge came off the rails. This time there'll be a ball in at the back post and instead of a Beattie miss we'll have Billy to slam it home. Start the party....
Football has the uncanny knack of throwing up situations like this, hopefully this time it will be, or already will have been good news for us at this point, about time don't we think?

Back
Top Bottom