R.E.S.P.E.C.T - H.E.C.K.Y (P)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah the results have been terrible but the fans have been encouraged by their last two performances. Type Berge into Twitter if you dare. They love him
Spoke to a Burnley season ticket holder I have known for years. I warned him that Berge isnt good enough for the PL, told him about this strengths and weaknesses. He agreed with me after seeing him a few games. Spoke to him yesterday, says Berge is still nesh but is now playing a bit better but in a more defensive role. He says Trafford is still dodgy and they are still weak at set pieces. He misses Sean Dyche because the team are not as organised as they used to be.

I told him we were terrible and clueless on Saturday.

All this "talk" about sacking the manager misses the more important subject of who replaces him. Very few of the subscribers have come up with viable suggestions. Sacking PH is the easy part replacing him with somebody who has a fighting chance of pulling this season round is more problematic. I think PH deserves more time even though it looks like he's struggling at the moment. While I'm at it what happened to all the "don't mind if we get relegated as long as the side continues to develop"? Not many heads above the parapet now!

I don't think he’ll be sacked, because the Prince is more concerned with the financial consequences of doing so, than the club being associated with a new low Premier League, points tally.

Why should he care, he’s off asap 🤔
The value of the club is falling quite rapidly and judging by performances we have no players of any real value to sell.
Maybe he isn't bothered but you'd think he ought to be.
The financial consequences are small in comparison.

In fairness, I can't say I've seen or heard any vitriol towards Hecky. I think the vast majority like him as a bloke and appreciate that him getting us promoted probably saved the club (in the short term) from some very bad years.

Ironically though, this season in the Premier League is qualifying as a "very bad year", and it's quite clear that we need change. It probably won't save us from relegation but it could save us from things turning extremely sour and the fan base becoming completely disconnected. Even just enjoying a game or two would be a worthwhile improvement.

All this "talk" about sacking the manager misses the more important subject of who replaces him. Very few of the subscribers have come up with viable suggestions.
Hi Stegosaurus here,

Dean Smith

He took Leicester down, BUT, he took charge when there were just 8 games left to play. With those 8, he lost 3 (Liverpool, Man City and Fulham), drew 3, won 2. That's a respectable record. Keeping Leicester up was an impossible task, but 9 points from 8 is respectable enough

The gulf yesterday was like a bottom Prem team vs a top 4 team, or like a lower championship team vs a mid table Prem team.

Its another game where we have been comfortably beaten, and another game where it could have been by a lot lot more. Akin to West Ham, Man U, Palace where we have been lucky to not get beaten by a lot more.

I don't think another manager is going to save us, but I would like to think that tactically we can be more in these games. I think Heckys level is bottom champ or lower, and last year he had the benefit of having one of the best players we've had for decades to carry the team.

I have enormous respect for the guy, and for how he steered us to promotion in spite of the ownership issues. I suspect 90% of the fanbase feel the same too.

However, his time is up now, and the longer this goes on, the less and less respect he will have, and his legacy will be tarnished.

I agree with you and just posted similar on another thread. I think it's time for a change and want it to come now because it would still aloow Hecky to leave with respect and a thanks for turning us around after Jokanovic and getting us up.

But I think if we continue to put in completely uncompetitve performances like Saturdays (which has been a common theme this season). It will start to get ugly.
I used to love it when teams hated playing us tough place to play football fans in your face . Sadly not anymore

I can forgive Hecky for being out of his depth. Nothing wrong with that. But what I can’t forgive is lack of effort, no discernible plan on Saturday after two weeks training and not changing things even after it was obvious after 20 minutes that it wasn’t working. No problem with losing but for gods sake have a go, this defensive crap from minute one is giving me a migraine.

If we’d had Pep or Sir Alex and sent them to Poundland would we expect them to produce a banquet. I’m really not sure what we’re being served up is any worse than can be expected. I’m on the fence re Hecky but this really ain’t his fault.

Nero fiddling as Rome burns. Since they won (somewhat fortuituously on the stats) at Luton, Burnley's results are:

Burnley 1-4 Chelsea
Brentford 3-0 Burnley
Bournemouth 2-1 Burnley
Everton 3-0 Burnley (EFL cup)
Burnley 0-2 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 3-1 Burnley
Burnley 1-2 West Ham

7 defeats on the spin. Their all time league record is 8 so we can do our part to get them to that. They've also lost all 7 home matches this season and have, somehow, conceded more than we have at home. They might beat us because we're awful but they're really no better and if anything Kompany is showing more than a bit of naivety.
Be interesting to see how we approach that game. These are our peers, so there is no reason we don’t approach this game based on what we want to do, not on how they set up. Last season we gave the MM a thorough kicking at the lane. Yes, we were a better side than now but so were they. If we start with that cowardly let-them-have-the-ball tactic and treat the ball like a grenade with the pin pulled when we do get it, then we can safely say without a doubt that the manager doesn’t know what he is doing. There can be no excuses in this game.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Dean Smith

He took Leicester down, BUT, he took charge when there were just 8 games left to play. With those 8, he lost 3 (Liverpool, Man City and Fulham), drew 3, won 2. That's a respectable record. Keeping Leicester up was an impossible task, but 9 points from 8 is respectable enough
Leicester team was 3x better than current squad-

9 points from 8 games is rightfully to be called respectable.

He would not copy that with this pile of shit.

Not even joking - I don't think 1 of our players starts in Leicesters first eleven- the task is beyound impossible.

No problem with losing but for gods sake have a go, this defensive crap from minute one is giving me a migraine.
This is the major one for me. We seem to defend for far too long without having a go. Trouble is, when they are let off the leash, the game has already gone.

What happened to 'front foot football' ?

Press high and fast and force mistakes for the first 20. Sit back a bit forna short spell and then go again for another spell.

Not having a proper go at the opposition is not helping their confidence as we're just defending.

How can you expect the crowd to be positive when it's one way traffic in our direction?

Get the crowd on their feet from minute 1 ffs !

We have allowed 33 shots more than any other club with 34 goals against worst in the PL. How much longer can this mess be allowed to go on.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Dean Smith

I'll run that past my Norwich friends who are season ticket holders and say he is the worst manager they have had in their lifetime, oh and the most boring. The equivalent would be us telling Norwich supporters that Nigel Adkins could do them a job

Spoke to a Burnley season ticket holder I have known for years. I warned him that Berge isnt good enough for the PL, told him about this strengths and weaknesses. He agreed with me after seeing him a few games. Spoke to him yesterday, says Berge is still nesh but is now playing a bit better but in a more defensive role. He says Trafford is still dodgy and they are still weak at set pieces. He misses Sean Dyche because the team are not as organised as they used to be.

I told him we were terrible and clueless on Saturday.
Forgot to say that Lyle Foster is taking a break from football due to mental health issues, my Burnley mate doesnt know when he will return

So a poll on this site currently has 90% of fans wanting a new manager.
(Sadly) I'm one of them now, after a truly miserable match against Bournemouth.

I do wish I didn't see so much disrespect thrown at Heckingbottom. He kind of "saved" us from disaster by getting us promoted last season. Which wasn't as easy as some people make out, by the way - many managers wouldn't have succeeded but the chemistry worked with Hecky. He also seems a good guy.

We can ask for a new manager without personally insulting the man (who almost got us promoted from a lowly league position, then did get us promoted).

E.g. Time for change, not "get the **** gone" etc.

This isn't a thread about his mistakes, team performances etc - merely about respect and everybody acting like an adult.
Sadly, amnesia is rife amongst the Blades community.

While I'm at it what happened to all the "don't mind if we get relegated as long as the side continues to develop"? Not many heads above the parapet now!
I think they all went down the pub with their mates rather than sticking their head above a virtual parapet on here.

My thoughts too.

Roy how are the fans of the other relegation foder clubs reacting to their managers ?
I would have thought that even the sparkling Vincent is starting to feel the heat ? . I would imagine that everyone else is fine and have support . Only us and Burnley seem to be deadbeats .

I don’t think Hecky is going anywhere. He will be here for the foreseeable.
Didn’t he have a long contract? If so, can the club afford to pay him out?
I don’t think board will get rid of him at all.
Just suffer the results, bag the money and parachute payments next year and go again…..

Just suffer the results, bag the money and parachute payments next year and go again…..
You might have a point about the club not getting rid of him, but in the long run football comes down to results irrespective of what the board say. Fans seeing Saturdays awful performance week after week and seeing as there's still 5months or so left of the season it will turn very toxic which will affect the club and the players, eventually the board will after act or do something to pacify the crowd.

Does anyone know what heckys contract is , i was led to believe it was 5 years, but with contracts that long there is usually different levels of compensation for paying up a contract , the prince may be waiting until a certain criteria kicks in before releasing him, i hope it comes soon as i can see the vitriol towards hecky will get worse and he doesnt deserve that

Does anyone know what heckys contract is , i was led to believe it was 5 years, but with contracts that long there is usually different levels of compensation for paying up a contract , the prince may be waiting until a certain criteria kicks in before releasing him, i hope it comes soon as i can see the vitriol towards hecky will get worse and he doesnt deserve that
The 5 year contract started from when he went back to be the Academy manager in summer 2021, I think

Nero fiddling as Rome burns. Since they won (somewhat fortuituously on the stats) at Luton, Burnley's results are:

Burnley 1-4 Chelsea
Brentford 3-0 Burnley
Bournemouth 2-1 Burnley
Everton 3-0 Burnley (EFL cup)
Burnley 0-2 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 3-1 Burnley
Burnley 1-2 West Ham

7 defeats on the spin. Their all time league record is 8 so we can do our part to get them to that. They've also lost all 7 home matches this season and have, somehow, conceded more than we have at home. They might beat us because we're awful but they're really no better and if anything Kompany is showing more than a bit of naivety.
They'll beat us on comfortably beat us on Saturday

At the press conference to announce PH as manager, Yusuf Giansiracusa club chairman said- quote " Paul has this morning signed a contract through 2027, we hope we can have him here through & beyond that time, he will be judged on the whole performance of the football side,not just what happens on a Saturday afternoon. We have done things in the contract which we won't talk about now but Paul is our man going forward".

Yeah the results have been terrible but the fans have been encouraged by their last two performances.
Coming back to this, aren't our neighbours encouraged by their upturn in form under Danny Röhl? And weren't we all happy with the change under Gary Speed back in 2010 (P18 W6 D3 L9 which would have given him 53 points over a whole season)?

Coming back to this, aren't our neighbours encouraged by their upturn in form under Danny Röhl? And weren't we all happy with the change under Gary Speed back in 2010 (P18 W6 D3 L9 which would have given him 53 points over a whole season)?

I imagine if they lose to us there will be lots of calls for Kompany to go. Rightly so too because we're shite

Back
Top Bottom