That was a suprise

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I felt Newcastle played the same way against Liverpool last night and they had about £150m worth of players going forward.

NU should have lost by 4/5 by trying to stay in the game and got 2 decent goals that were completely against the run of play but created by £50/60m players.

NU weren't terrified they had a game plan, same with us. We are competing on a level playing ground against NU never mind L'pool or Citeh.

You get in their face they go past you, you have to stay close and compact, Rodri was an absolute beast and trying to get at him was tried a few times, he barely lost the ball.

NU 5 shots 3 on target - Blades 4 shots 2 on target.

I know we love to have a moan and everyone should feel free to voice their opinion but this is not the game where we should have done it differently.

I think we have to remember, it's no longer a game of 11 vs 11, and that difference has really gone against us in the last 15 plus minutes.
Especially when Clubs have replace half the team with fresh players, some even better than those in the original eleven..

If you watch luton or burnley play they both try and play with the ball waaay more than we do, even against the big boys. We just smash it clear at any chance. Primitive 80s football. In footballing terms we are a long way off even the whipping boys of the league.

Both teams are much better than us sadly and it’s painful. We play like its an FA cup game against a team 2/3 leagues higher.

Out of possession fine, in possession embarrassing.
Sadly, that’s why we are destined to fail. Being comfortable on the ball and having more possession instantly takes pressure off our beleaguered defence…It’s so fucking obvious. Burnley and Luton at least give it a good go and ultimately fail, we just prepare to fail…Our fear of the opposition is palpable.

Back
Top Bottom