Sunday drink

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Someone on here said that when Mcabe dies his sons will take over.

So we are stuck with them for another 30 or so years or until we go bust.

More concerned, at this point, that we are stuck with "big Harv" for the next 3 fucking years !

Truly atrocious signing that Wilder appears to be putting all his eggs in one basket for.

Changing my username to concernedBlade !

UTB

This could all be hysteria based on a chat with a bloke in the pub, but if half true omg...

Agreed, But if he doesn't fit the managers style ....

The only 'style' I've seen so far is losing with ease

I'm not sure if the player who keeps me mentioned to me is a "Leader" ...

Never mind Thx Treeton. Stop blowin smoke up arse holes You got a name pal spill the beans
image.jpeg
YOU KNOW THE SELF PROCLAIMED ITK RULES

I've screwed back and am wondering...

take a deep brown or
a kiss in off the black.

Just about to sink the pink first....

I'm re racking the triangle

Just read through all the posts. As I said at the start this reaction is all based on a chat with a bloke in a pub so I'm not holding my breath.
But a few thing is for sure, it sounds like
  • Wilder has lost the crowds faith in him
  • Fans in the main have lost faith in Billy
  • No one rates Clarke
  • No one rates Done
  • No one rates McNulty
  • No one rates Basham
  • Midfield is weak
  • Defence is shot
I just can't see any positives around the club at the moment and unless he's a magician a couple of signings ain't going to change much.

Here's a wide ball, is this McCabes ultimate plan to build on BL cause I can't see rhyme or reason in this shit fest

You are so obsessed with goalscorers. I bet if you were 20 years older you would be fuming with Alf Ramsey for picking Geoff Hurst not Jimmy Greaves for the 1966 World Cup final.

We need a good and balanced team

Agree, that's what Wilder has to get right.

In recent history we've had a well-balanced team playing really good football on these occasions:

• 2002/03 - Top scorer: Michael Brown 16 (highest scoring striker: Carl Asaba 11)
  • 2005/06 - Top scorer: Neil Shipperley 11
  • 2011/12 - Top scorer: Ched Evans 29
  • 2013/14 (last third) - Top scorer: Chris Porter 7

There's a lot to learn from how those teams were composed, but making one player net 20 goals doesn't have to be key.

Beattie's 22 goals in 2007/08 and Sharp's 21 goals in 2015/16 were decent individual achievements, but who will remember those seasons with any fondness at all? Blake got 17 in 1994/95; Marcelo 16 in 1998/99; Bent 15 in 1999/00; Gray 15 in 2004/05, all rather forgettable seasons.

And we don't have one with or without Sharp in the team. As someone from the Keith Edwards school of goalscoring I cannot for the life of me think why you would sell the bloke who last season pretty much kept us away from relegation.

Right now Adkins isn't looking such a bad manager and Clough looks like a god.
Sharp saved us from relegation?? A squad of overpaid players cost us a promotion place, more like!

We all knew the squad needed a complete overhaul.

Players coming in and the "pattern" of play hasn't worked so far.

I think it's a huge gamble to try and complete this transformation with several moves in and out in the next 9 days. Looking in from the outside we appear to be useless at negotiations to land preferred targets. I hope to god we don't weaken the squad further or we are facing a relegation battle. Come the January window, we'd be looking to trade to survive.

I wonder if the options are offload McNulty and Done or offload Sharp. I suspect moving Sharp will be easier.

Then he has to find a winning formula from the current shambles and whoever the 4 coming in are.

No emergency loans, it going to be a hard 4 months coming up.

• Fans in the main have lost faith in Billy

Some on here, maybe. But in the main? Can't agree.

Some are seemingly determined to see a race to the bottom - and beyond - by slagging our one - our only - proven goalscorer with, well who? It's all right making vague hints about some anonymous striker who would - possibly - score more if they replaced Billy, but no-one can name one. Throw in the usual insults about Bladey bladeiness and you've a recipe for allowing Billy to go, and then what?

No, Billy hasn't started the season well, but who has? Clarke? Wilder? Anybody? Last season, Billy has proved his goalscoring capabilities and, played with the right tactics and partner, will likely resume his proven record. Yet some are making vague noises about replacing our best player! While we're talking replacements, I know a cheap, available replacement for Clarke. A fucking traffic cone.

And, in my humble opinion, I think Wilder is already showing signs of stubborness and favouritism that would put the two Nigels to shame. Not giving McNulty a sniff in a team devoid of goals being just one example.

Never mind Thx Treeton. Stop blowin smoke up arse holes You got a name pal spill the beans

Andrew Davies (Ross County)
granted permission to leave if a club came in.
Family can't settle in Dingwall.

Though i'm not too sure to be honest, as it's been mentioned more than once since Wilder took charge.

So was Billy one that 'needed to go' before he took the job?

In my opinion no.
I don't think Sharp is a bad player if used to his strengths.

However, it seems now that Wilder isn't using him to his strengths, and as he is not a superstar but paid like one relative to L1 I suspect Wilder has had a change of mind. Not because he really wants him gone due to attitude or fall outs....more likely that he knows he still needs some big arrivals in other areas and needs to find the budget.
Sharp may well be handy to keep if we want to change tactics or whatever, but we can't afford it.

More pace needed all over, a top centre back for this league and a better midfielder to play with Fleck are now obvious to everyone as essential. What's left of his budget after having to buy a keeper against earlier plans....plus other arrivals means we need to wheel and deal to get things done. Sharp, like Brayford might be the next casualty.

The decision to make Billy captain is the most worrying aspect of this squad rebuilding. It smacked of Adkins decision to make McEvely captain but I kept my powder dry from myself convinced I was just feeling negative.
In hindsight it suggests it was as bad a decision as the McEvely one.

As for the rest of the squad rebuilding its like looking at a pile of logo bricks and thinking when it's done it will be the Empire State Building. Problem is we 10% of the season has passed and we've got 1 point. That's a running rate of 10 points this season and everyone's saying we're only four games in, don't panic, well feck that....
AAAAAAARGGGGGGHHHHH AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH

Billy to PNE .

If you've also heard this too, from a different source, then i'm thankful that i'm not going mad(der) ..

It was on the outcome of Joe Garner signing for Rangers (which has gone thru') and so PNE would be looking to spend a bit of the £1.5m on a replacement.

Might all be nonsense.

Aberdeen scouts were at Millwall, so that's another angle. Though they were watching Coutts...

The decision to make Billy captain is the most worrying aspect of this squad rebuilding. It smacked of Adkins decision to make McEvely captain but I kept my powder dry from myself convinced I was just feeling negative.
In hindsight it suggests it was as bad a decision as the McEvely one.

As for the rest of the squad rebuilding its like looking at a pile of logo bricks and thinking when it's done it will be the Empire State Building. Problem is we 10% of the season has passed and we've got 1 point. That's a running rate of 10 points this season and everyone's saying we're only four games in, don't panic, well feck that....
AAAAAAARGGGGGGHHHHH AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH

Seemed like a PR exercise to me...'Bladey-Bladeness'....

It seemed like a decision based on who the chuff else is there!

He was binning most....only a few were there to choose from as he didn't have many players in at that point.

At least if Aharp goes, it might be that Wilder has learned from the mistake and is putting it right. Something Adkins didn't have the mettle to do.

Some on here, maybe. But in the main? Can't agree.

Some are seemingly determined to see a race to the bottom - and beyond - by slagging our one - our only - proven goalscorer with, well who? It's all right making vague hints about some anonymous striker who would - possibly - score more if they replaced Billy, but no-one can name one. Throw in the usual insults about Bladey bladeiness and you've a recipe for allowing Billy to go, and then what?

No, Billy hasn't started the season well, but who has? Clarke? Wilder? Anybody? Last season, Billy has proved his goalscoring capabilities and, played with the right tactics and partner, will likely resume his proven record. Yet some are making vague noises about replacing our best player! While we're talking replacements, I know a cheap, available replacement for Clarke. A fucking traffic cone.

And, in my humble opinion, I think Wilder is already showing signs of stubborness and favouritism that would put the two Nigels to shame. Not giving McNulty a sniff in a team devoid of goals being just one example.
Bang on.

Not an agenda here. Believe this or not, I happen to have educated eyes when it comes to football, born of years of playing, coaching and managing.

This does NOT make me unique in this regard, as I am sure others will have the same level of experience and expertise as I have. Maybe more.

Leon Clarke, potentially, will be the undoing of our season,

Said so in July. Seen NOTHING to suggest I will be proved wrong.

And with Coutts, Sharp and Done rumoured to be "available" and likely to have options elsewhere to consider, this now does have the feel of our relegation season 6 years ago.

After just 4 games !

Genuinely, genuinely worried :(

UTB

If you've also heard this too, from a different source, then i'm thankful that i'm not going mad(der) ..

It was on the outcome of Joe Garner signing for Rangers (which has gone thru') and so PNE would be looking to spend a bit of the £1.5m on a replacement.

Might all be nonsense.

Aberdeen scouts were at Millwall, so that's another angle. Though they were watching Coutts...

If this is going to happen we need it to happen quickly.
Both us and PNE are in a position to want this to happen quickly too, so fingers crossed. We need as much time as possible to get things done

Seemed like a PR exercise to me...'Bladey-Bladeness'....
Exactly E, and that's the worrying thing a bloke in charge just trying to please the fans with platitudes. How long is it since we had a manager that did that? Oh, wait a minute, Adkins!

Don't know if he's a drinker or has insomnia but does Wilder look ill or on the verge of a breakdown to anyone else? Certainly doesn't look like he joins in training.

Bang on.

Not an agenda here. Believe this or not, I happen to have educated eyes when it comes to football, born of years of playing, coaching and managing.

This does NOT make me unique in this regard, as I am sure others will have the same level of experience and expertise as I have. Maybe more.

Leon Clarke, potentially, will be the undoing of our season,

Said so in July. Seen NOTHING to suggest I will be proved wrong.

And with Coutts, Sharp and Done rumoured to be "available" and likely to have options elsewhere to consider, this now does have the feel of our relegation season 6 years ago.

After just 4 games !

Genuinely, genuinely worried :(

UTB

Billy McEwan.
I keep on saying.
It's all making sense.

Employ a "successful" Blade who has no experience of managing in L1.
Get the new manager to make Billy captain. All good so far.
Tell the manager he's got minimal to work with financially.
Manager has to sell the assets whilst ridding the club of the no-marks.
Money in will be given, but will have to sign players cheap and cheerful.
High earner = Captain = next one to sell = it's okay, as captain and top scorer is the new scapegoat (but he's also a big wage earner, so must be gone)

No one expected this start, hence the questioning of the managers decisions.. whilst all the time, the chairman watches as the manager becomes the unexpected victim of this story...

Billy McEwan.
I keep on saying.
It's all making sense.

High earner = Captain = next one to sell = it's okay, as captain and top scorer is the new scapegoat (but he's also a big wage earner, so must be gone)

No one expected this start, hence the questioning of the managers decisions.. whilst all the time, the chairman watches as the manager becomes the unexpected victim of this story...
What a fucking bastard McCabe really is. Give me the fucking Allams over him every day. He really is scum.

That's two of us...
Who else?

Wilder started off by making Billy captain. Sure fire way to get the support on his side.
Blunkett can see that.

Blunkett can also see, that Billy's now being roasted by Big Harv & Wilder.

Exactly E, and that's the worrying thing a bloke in charge just trying to please the fans with platitudes. How long is it since we had a manager that did that? Oh, wait a minute, Adkins!

Don't know if he's a drinker or has insomnia but does Wilder look ill or on the verge of a breakdown to anyone else? Certainly doesn't look like he joins in training.

Mebbe it wasn't purely his decision?
Season tickets to sell and all that...

Billy McEwan.
I keep on saying.
It's all making sense.

I know things are bad and you're worried when your posts contain more than 8 words and have nouns and verbs in them

I hope to fuck we don't sell Billy Sharp.
But your undying love towards big Harv ...........

Oil and water.

Your dream signing is systematically dismantling our season before our very own eyes.

6 to go. Stay tuned :)

UTB

How about a give-away-knock-down-price...

just to get off the wages?
If McCabe sells him he's done with me. There are at the moment long odds for redemption and forgiveness after 6 years in the wilderness if we were to get promoted this year.
If he gets rid of our 3 best players in one window it will eclipse everything he's ever done before.

Best thing is, Wilder will see next to fuck all of it then he'll be the one to get sacked when we get relegated.

What an utter bastard.

But your undying love towards big Harv ...........

Oil and water.

Your dream signing is systematically dismantling our season before our very own eyes.

6 to go. Stay tuned :)

UTB

Clarke isn't the problem. Nor is Billy.
We don't (cant) play through midfield. We don't have the players capable.

It's not Clarke's fault we boot the ball up to his bonce. End of fucking story.

If McCabe sells him he's done with me. There are at the moment long odds for redemption and forgiveness after 6 years in the wilderness if we were to get promoted this year.
If he gets rid of our 3 best players in one window it will eclipse everything he's ever done before.

Best thing is, Wilder will see next to fuck all of it then he'll be the one to get sacked when we get relegated.

What an utter bastard.
But it was just a chat with a bloke in a pub.

Clarke isn't the problem. Nor is Billy.
We don't (cant) play through midfield. We don't have the players capable.

It's not Clarke's fault we boot the ball up to his bonce. End of fucking story.

Clarke, categorically, is. We beg to differ.

Stay tuned !

UTB

Back
Top Bottom