Sunday drink

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Treeton Blade

Blade for life (despite everything)
Reaction score
Had a couple of jars yesterday lunchtime with a friend of mine, who a week earlier told me the Brayford news I posted last Monday, & he has also been right on other news this summer, so this is the gist of what he told me yesterday,

Sharp future unclear, Wilder unimpressed so far, mate thinks he`ll leave

Freeman has right back shirt, his to lose, no right back in this window,

Experienced centre half targeted, waiting for an answer.

Bids in for a couple of strikers, young & mobile.

Looking for as many as 5 players before September, McNulty & Done could leave.

200_s.gif

I've resigned myself to another season in this league after this one at the least, with relegation a real possibility. We're 11 points behind Bolton already and 3 points from safety. Frankly I couldn't give a toss about transfers anymore, it's all come miles too late. Fucking bollocks all of it.

Last edited:
Had a couple of jars yesterday lunchtime with a friend of mine, who a week earlier told me the Brayford news I posted last Monday, & he has also been right on other news this summer, so this is the gist of what he told me yesterday,

If any of this is true then Wilder has lot the plot. In a relegation battle and looking to off load your twenty goal a season striker?

If any of this is true then Wilder has lot the plot. In a relegation battle and looking to off load your twenty goal a season striker?
If Billy does leave it will be a financial decision, sale value going down with every season, salary well over double of nearest high earner.

Wilder in charge of the budget, decided to let Brayford go for the same reason.
Burton are paying ALL Brayfords salary too

So Sharp, McNulty and Done might leave? Jesus fucking wept.

All played right will get goals. How about change this shite style of play to accommodate our top goal scorer from last year and the one before that?

We'll be alright though, Freeman has nailed the RB spot in one game meaning we now definitely don't need one. :D

So if we get shut of Sharp Done McNulty as well as Adams we are clearly planning on not scoring goals.

One thing your mate will be right on is getting shut of players.

The transfers in won't happen.

So if we get shut of Sharp Done McNulty as well as Adams we are clearly planning on not scoring goals.

One thing your mate will be right on is getting shut of players.

The transfers in won't happen.
We will definitely bring players in before Sep 1st!

Burton are paying ALL Brayfords salary too

Loan will become permanent.

The wages BAFC are paying Brayford, will then be deducted from the final transfer fee.

Fully expect United to announce he's gone and the fee was/is undisclosed.

Might be lucky to pull in, £100,000.

Next announcement, Billy to..... (it won't be another L1 club)

Agreed, But if he doesn't fit the managers style and he's also not performing, why keep him?

I'm not saying to sell him, but haven't we said square pegs in round holes doesn't work...

Personally i think Sharp brings more than just goals to the team so i'd be disappointed to lose him. I think it might be a Jan or end of season move.... To Chesterfield...

If you are an outsider it will be interesting to see how all this plays out. The McCabe years will become a case study of how not to run a football club.

Someone on here said that when Mcabe dies his sons will take over.

So we are stuck with them for another 30 or so years or until we go bust.

Loan will become permanent.

The wages BAFC are paying Brayford, will then be deducted from the final transfer fee.

Fully expect United to announce he's gone and the fee was/is undisclosed.

Might be lucky to pull in, £100,000.

Next announcement, Billy to..... (it won't be another L1 club)

Don't think the loan will become permanent at Burton. I think it puts him in the shop window for Championship clubs (Clough also said this) that can afford him

Don't think the loan will become permanent at Burton. I think it puts him in the shop window for Championship clubs (Clough also said this) that can afford him

I wouldn't trust a single word from NC about us anymore.

They'll find whatever it takes to sign Brayford if it means they stay in the Championship another season.

The fee for him is nothing compared to what they signed Jackson Irvine for.

Regarding Sharp, did your mate elaborate on what exactly Wilder was unimpressed with?

My two penneth.

So far we have seen Brayford miles off form. Personally think due to finding out we wanted rid of him. He's a bit of a wet lettuce it seems and needs to be loved.

Sharp- scored goals last season for Adkins. Played nearly all games, missed some real sitters and took penalties. Is pretty slow, and so far has done nothing to justify role as captain, and done nothing to suggest he would even get into double figures. Not even a particularly good penalty taker.

Done- another who's done very little. Been given plenty of game time and not done the job needed by the manager.

McNulty- despite what the manager said when he came in, the fact he's not played despite clear deficiencies up front with Sharp and Done says enough to me. The club want rid, and at her than release him felt they would get a fee if they bide their time.

So if the OP's mate is right....we lose 3 players who have so far looked crap, or don't fit in with what the manager wants. Freeman has done nothing wrong so deserves the chance to prove he can do the job Wilder wants.
We get an experienced centre half, and a lot more genuine pace in the side.
Might piss a few off, but might also have us closing down opponents quicker, beating opponents with pace and generally a more dangerous team.
I hope he is right. Completely fresh start....patience and we will be a lot better long term.

Signing more new players.
Does. Not.Mean.Better. Players.
They'll probably need even more to gel as a team.
How long shall we give them?
Another set of home defeats until he gets it right?
By the time it could work, crowds will be 12,000 and we'll be needing snookers to stay in L1.

My two penneth.

So far we have seen Brayford miles off form. Personally think due to finding out we wanted rid of him. He's a bit of a wet lettuce it seems and needs to be loved.

Sharp- scored goals last season for Adkins. Played nearly all games, missed some real sitters and took penalties. Is pretty slow, and so far has done nothing to justify role as captain, and done nothing to suggest he would even get into double figures. Not even a particularly good penalty taker.

Done- another who's done very little. Been given plenty of game time and not done the job needed by the manager.

McNulty- despite what the manager said when he came in, the fact he's not played despite clear deficiencies up front with Sharp and Done says enough to me. The club want rid, and at her than release him felt they would get a fee if they bide their time.

So if the OP's mate is right....we lose 3 players who have so far looked crap, or don't fit in with what the manager wants. Freeman has done nothing wrong so deserves the chance to prove he can do the job Wilder wants.
We get an experienced centre half, and a lot more genuine pace in the side.
Might piss a few off, but might also have us closing down opponents quicker, beating opponents with pace and generally a more dangerous team.
I hope he is right. Completely fresh start....patience and we will be a lot better long term.

Fully agree. Sharp is vastly overrated

Signing more new players.
Does. Not.Mean.Better. Players.
They'll probably need even more to gel as a team.
How long shall we give them?
Another set of home defeats until he gets it right?
By the time it could work, crowds will be 12,000 and we'll be needing snookers to stay in L1.

We're stuck behind the pink

Back
Top Bottom