SUFC Vs. Macc

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Firstly, thought their number 11 looked quality, be interested to see if he makes it into league football.

I said last year Freeman was as good, if not a better RB than Brayford and I stand by that, no reason for Brayford to walk back in once fit. Freeman is skillfull, quick, can cross and shoot, as well as defend. Collins and McEveley are solid enough, but obviously still like someone new to play there. Nice to see McFadzean involved, perfectly decent back up in my eyes. Would like to see him get forward more and use his pace.

Always been a massive Baxter fan, pleased to see him in the side at CM. I was skeptical that he could play there but he looks good alongside Bash, first choice pairing for me. You can tell Woolford has missed a good chunk of pre-season (something some don't seem to be acknowledging) but he's had his moments and looks decent. Not the biggest JCR fan but he's done well in pre-season, great run and pass for Sharp's goal.

Sharp looked good as you'd expect, took his goal well, had an obvious pen turned down and generally impressed. Sammon does what you'd expect from looking at him, decent player to have in the squad to complement others even if he doesn't get much glory.

Che Adams looks unbelievably good. Most potential of any player in recent years, and Id be surprised if he wasn't in the Premeirship in 3 years time. He's strong, quick and can finish, and should only get better. I'd play him with Sharp up top, and you'd hope both could get near 20 goals.

Always liked Otis Khan, does as much as JCR for me so I feel we should develop him rather than someone in their 30's. Higdon did well I thought, good flick ons but Che wasn't on same wavelength.

Good performance overall, hopefully it carries on.
Che looks "unbelievably good" but "was not on same wavelength as Hig".

Theres a clue here me thinks !!

Good post though.

UTB

Some lovely goals in there.

Know it's only pre season but there are plenty of positives to take so far.

- unbeaten.
- Adams has come back where he left off in his cameos last year. Could be the real deal!
- Baxter looks fit and raring to go. My tip for a great season next year.
- freeman playing well so we hopefully won't miss brayford too much.
- sharp scored in his first game.
- Wallace even played a couple of games.

No real negatives other than a couple of injuries.

We sign a promising centre back and I'd be confident for next year. My nagging doubt is the current two aren't promotion quality.

Back
Top Bottom