SUFC: The little things that annoy you

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

the official Website.. come on guys

Agreed. Is there a thread on this?

The site is some kind of poorly-designed, amateurish template that several other clubs use as well.

There are quite a few broken links. Navigation is not at all intuitive.

It's a mess.

I thought I saw something official stating the club are going to do something about it.

Getting excited when I see on Twitter that #sufc have made a signing, only to be disappointed when I realise that it's Sunderland or Scunny.

The lads that sit near me come in 20-30 minutes late and leave 5-10 minutes early.

And before all seating, I remember those who used to come in for free for the last ten minutes once the exit gates were opened. Unrelated to the Blades, but at our local non-league side there was a volunteer who seemed to do all the odd jobs at the club. When Mrs HB used to come to collect me when I went there instead of BDTBL, he used to let her in for free which always amused her as he sincerely believed she would want to watch the last ten minute of his beloved club. He typified the spirit of football supporting.

I guess it's always disappointing how poor the programme has always been.Eighty per cent adverts, price increases annually, never anything of any relevance or of interest to me. Fanzine is much more my thing.

The Kop.

Love it on there but it isn't steep enough. I'm a short arse so can't see the goal/6 yard box when everyone stands up!

No leg room either, shit facilities, poles and uncomfy seats as well as no slope. It's one of the worst stands I have sat in.

Fans songs / atmosphere: no where near as good as the early to mid 90's. We used to be so much more inventive then the pigs, now its just a collection of generic chants and the greasy chip butty. Do we ever sing: "we are bladesmen from lane" / "forever and ever we'll follow our team" / "no pig fans in town" etc. etc. much any more? People may scoff at this - but a signing section would definitely help this, something similar to what they do at Old Trafford, they have loads of songs.

Negative Fans: Booing, getting on players backs, quick to turn on managers.

Kop: a lot of people have put this. With the space behind the Kop the club have a great opportunity to do something special with this - and no, not the plan that has been made up which consists of a few extra rows at the back, tacky white plastic cladding behind the kop and a new roof. It needs completely leveling and rebuilding with an ajoining corner to the south stand, brick/glass exterior similar looking to the john street so it matches - a modern stand with modern facilities. Jim are you reading??! A single tiered, 15,000 capacity stand joining to the south stand - would be the best kop in the country!

Goal music / star wars entry music - any entry music for that matter: To be fair it seems like they've done away with this, long may it continue.

Being a selling club since Mick Jones went. Would have been before but Hagan refused to go to Hillsborough.

WTF. Life of misery.

The prince will change everything. Long live the prince!!

Mentalist fans. :)

Fans songs / atmosphere: no where near as good as the early to mid 90's. We used to be so much more inventive then the pigs, now its just a collection of generic chants and the greasy chip butty. Do we ever sing: "we are bladesmen from lane" / "forever and ever we'll follow our team" / "no pig fans in town" etc. etc. much any more? People may scoff at this - but a signing section would definitely help this, something similar to what they do at Old Trafford, they have loads of songs.

Negative Fans: Booing, getting on players backs, quick to turn on managers.

Kop: a lot of people have put this. With the space behind the Kop the club have a great opportunity to do something special with this - and no, not the plan that has been made up which consists of a few extra rows at the back, tacky white plastic cladding behind the kop and a new roof. It needs completely leveling and rebuilding with an ajoining corner to the south stand, brick/glass exterior similar looking to the john street so it matches - a modern stand with modern facilities. Jim are you reading??! A single tiered, 15,000 capacity stand joining to the south stand - would be the best kop in the country!

Goal music / star wars entry music - any entry music for that matter: To be fair it seems like they've done away with this, long may it continue.

Agree on the songs - need to get back to basics!

I guess it's always disappointing how poor the programme has always been.Eighty per cent adverts, price increases annually, never anything of any relevance or of interest to me. Fanzine is much more my thing.

I've mentioned it before but the Rochdale programme was excellent eg Which player [who played for both teams I think] had a mum who'd won a Nobel Prize?

It's been £3 for about 10 years now, if not longer.

Not checked all 5 pages but £5 discount for season ticket booking on line. THEN THEY CHARGE A £1 FOR BOOKING ON LINE FOR ANY OTHER TICKET.

That stupid Boxing day song that just reminds you of pigs glory.

if ever teams are on some kind of losing streak.. they play us. and immediately win

I got a free ticket today, sat on Jessica Ennis' bottom. I should have guessed that I would be sat amongst other "free ticketers". I know this is going to make me come across as really miserable... however... watching that display on the pitch with a rubbish view, as turning up with ten minutes to go there was a sitting free for all and me and HB Jnr ended up behind the goal. Having cut it fine (no time for a pre-match beer) because of traffic on M40, M42, M1 HB Jnr opted for a burger outside, I wanted pie. Terrible slow service in the stand... no pie. Surrounded by very young kids more interested in chocolate than football, more interested in kicking the back of my seat than watching the match. Oh, and them needing to go to the loo so much more often than pist up blokes at the other end of the pitch. Half time, crazy queue for refreshments (think the chocolate must have run out). Top it off, cracking view of Crewe's winner.

On a plus side, me and Jnr agreed that this must never happen again and a season ticket on the Kop beckons.

FFS

Back
Top Bottom