Simon Hooper

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Haven't seen the replay of the possible red card on Trusty...?

I see Howard Webb has retreated to his Toy Town Fortress of Solitude rather than comment. They’re all the same.

Wouldn't that be him blatantly being biased and not applying the laws of the game evenly then? (Cheating in other words)... why would you almost feel sorry for that? Its referees like him that give the game a bad name. It's unacceptable.

No it's about him being a human being, with fears and emotions. It's not about consciously favouring one, it's about fears and consequences impacting the individual.

It's the landscape of football and the media, rather than the individual.

Lol. Poor football club criticised by a supporter of a set up ridiculed and believed corrupt by thousands of fans each week. Rather than see the PGMO failings puts them on a struggling football club. Wanker.
It obviously wasn't a foul to the VAR team because quite obviously, after scissoring Bogles leg the Liverpool players foot was pushed onto the the ball so clear conotact was made.
Easy peasy, no foul, goal stands, no complaints from vey important manager and friends!

He’s useless but saw it live. The bent bastards watching numerous replays - if they even bothered - are the corrupt ones.
Agreed. Isn’t it about time everyone heard the conversation between the ref and the VAR team ? Works perfectly well in rugby. Would end all the speculation about the decisions they come to.

Absolute rubbish.
The fouls and Bogle and macca, put us to a 2 goal disadvantage. Shocking, and VAR don't overturn them. Shit refereeing.

No it's about him being a human being, with fears and emotions. It's not about consciously favouring one, it's about fears and consequences impacting the individual.

It's the landscape of football and the media, rather than the individual.
Clearly in the wrong job then, if he can't handle it. Let's forgive him for being shit at his job and obvious biased so we don't hurt his feelings and upset him.

I have a theory about all of this unconscious (or concious) bias.

The EPL is a product, they sell it to the highest bidder. What do you do to keep a product popular, you keep it interesting.

The EPL want the teams with the most global fans to be at the top, therefore more subscribers in all countries and more bids for coverage.

They don't particularly want Man City to romp it every season, they want excitement, flip flopping of places, 1 point in it on the last day etc..

What does that lead to? Helping hands, favorable decisions, little bits and bobs to get them through games.

Doesn't help us, and the other 13, all just there as fodder, like prisoners for the gladiators to fight.

They don't want us here, but we are necessary for their product.

Fuck off to the European super league and leave us to it
All this. Plus, who can possibly believe that a multi, multi-billion pound world-wide business is going to leave things to chance and not make sure they have proceedures in place to make sure the 'bigger-picture works in favour of those at the top.

First goal is fine, no problem with them giving that. But it's a pen and the second should've been disallowed.

Not sure it's bent, just massively incompetent.
Rubbish. the first goal isn't fine. It is a foul on Anel. If you watch the footage carefully, van Dyke take a little look sideways to Anel, steps across with his legs as Anel comes past. You can't see it on the view from the 'New South Stand', as I didn't at first and thought it wasn't much, but you can see it easily from the view from the Bramall Lane end. Take another look and let me know what you think?

Yet it also asks the question; if Anel had been left to carry on with his run, following his man, then van Dyke would have been left un-marked and scored anyway. so who was supposed to be marking van Dyke. Robbo marked him closely on every other corner of the game!

Rubbish. the first goal isn't fine. It is a foul on Anel. If you watch the footage carefully, van Dyke take a little look sideways to Anel, steps across with his legs as Anel comes past. You can't see it on the view from the 'New South Stand', as I didn't at first and thought it wasn't much, but you can see it easily from the view from the Bramall Lane end. Take another look and let me know what you think?

Yet it also asks the question; if Anel had been left to carry on with his run, following his man, then van Dyke would have been left un-marked and scored anyway. so who was supposed to be marking van Dyke. Robbo marked him closely on every other corner of the game!
We saw that , at 1st it looks as though nothing in it but he does look at Anel and then steps forward

The biggest problem is that VAR is a bunch of mates not wanting to piss each other off. Same when Sky wheel out Dermot Gallagher and it's all backslapping.

Until there is some sort of system in place where the referee asks for specifics from VAR, it'll always be like this. Taking Rugby (both codes) as an example, at no point does the video referee step in and gossip in the ear of the referee unless they've referred a decision.

Anything that has been missed in football but is clearly illegal goes unpunished. There's no independent judiciary who might refer back to say, Nunez's tackle and say "actually, that should have been a booking and a second yellow" then retrospectively hand out a one match ban.

The biggest problem is that VAR is a bunch of mates not wanting to piss each other off. Same when Sky wheel out Dermot Gallagher and it's all backslapping.

Until there is some sort of system in place where the referee asks for specifics from VAR, it'll always be like this. Taking Rugby (both codes) as an example, at no point does the video referee step in and gossip in the ear of the referee unless they've referred a decision.

Anything that has been missed in football but is clearly illegal goes unpunished. There's no independent judiciary who might refer back to say, Nunez's tackle and say "actually, that should have been a booking and a second yellow" then retrospectively hand out a one match ban.
“The biggest problem is that VAR is a bunch of mates not wanting to piss each other off”

This.

Just to add, from the tiny (only) compartment in my head, with the label, 'My Totally Justified Conspiracy Theories':

As others have eluded to before on several threads, going back to the introduction of VAR in football, why haven't football taken the example of Rugby, Cricket, Field Hockey, where the process is completely transparent. In all three, you are even able to listen to the dialogue between the on-field referee/umpire and the person viewing the slow motion replays.

In each, if they cannot definitively make a decision either way, they stay with the on-field decision.

I like to watch all sports, so my gut feeling is there must be a reason why football haven't taken on the procedures of other team sports that have employed the video evidence system successfully, for a number of years.

I don't think the referee will be the reason Liverpool beat us on Wednesday. If I'm wrong and one bad referee decision is the only reason we lose then I'll take that as what an improvement! 🤣
That aged well... penalty should have been given and foul leading up to their second goal

Just to add, from the tiny (only) compartment in my head, with the label, 'My Totally Justified Conspiracy Theories':

As others have eluded to before on several threads, going back to the introduction of VAR in football, why haven't football taken the example of Rugby, Cricket, Field Hockey, where the process is completely transparent. In all three, you are even able to listen to the dialogue between the on-field referee/umpire and the person viewing the slow motion replays.

In each, if they cannot definitively make a decision either way, they stay with the on-field decision.

I like to watch all sports, so my gut feeling is there must be a reason why football haven't taken on the procedures of other team sports that have employed the video evidence system successfully, for a number of years.
The flaw in this plan is that the officials would have to start making on-field decisions. On the whole, they don't now until the move has broken down and give a token decision. If the move doesn't break down and something happens they wait for VAR.

Back
Top Bottom