Simon Hooper

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

its absolute disgrace that 2nd goal was allowed for Liverpool. how on earth that is not a foul is beyond me. but that is typical of the ref 2nd half. it was non contact for us & as physical as you like for Liverpool

View attachment 175798

I remember Konate was literally pulling on Traore repeatedly in one instance and nothing was given.

I heard that too....they were really laying into Simon Hooper....saying he's followed up a terrible error last week with yet another error strewn game. Both presenters were saying the ref and VAR messed up for the 2nd goal, said it was a clear foul.
Mills actually said the Liverpool player would argue he won some of the ball but
Mills said the fact that he had to do a scissor tackle from behind automatically makes it a foul. Disgraceful decision, he said.

They both said that Liverpool 1st goal was probably a foul too.
Mills that one wasn't so clear cut because it looked an accidental collision from Van Dyk flooring Ahmedhodzic.
As you say Mills noticed that the ref never made an instant decision and seemed to be listening in his ear peace with instructions from VAR regards whether to award it or not, as though he didn't know.

However they both agreed that overall Liverpool deserved to win
but they gave Wilder credit and said it didnt look like a top versus bottom match, said we had our moments to score and showed fight.
What did they say about McAtee being shoved to the floor?

You mean like JLT v Newcastle
Checkmate.

Today’s was more of a foul.

Robbo got the ball cleanly with the foot he tackled with and his trailing leg was the one that collided with the man who got nowhere near the ball he was challenging for.

Today Bogle 100% has possession. Only by scissoring his leg can he get the ball from the side and take out the man.

It’s a disgraceful decision and one we should get an apology for.

Not that it helps, but better than pretending all decisions were legit.

Incidentally, how the hell was Norwood booked. First tackle. Got the ball. Some serious double standards going on. If he’s booking Norwood, he’s sending off Nunez.

It’s 1-1 with a penalty for McAtee and Liverpool are down to 10 with a few minutes left. That’s how significant the refereeing impact can be.

MOTD showed it after the game and the pundits said it was a foul for the second and a penalty for the blatantly obvious push but not I’m enough in it for the first goal
So var was switched off for those 2 decisions, it must have been to miss them, like what's the point of var.

To be honest, I thought Anel was weak for their first goal. At corners, they're always going to let a bit of jostling go.
He needs to wise up because his defending from set pieces has been woeful for a while now.

Second one is a really bad challenge from Nunez. It was clear in real time that he'd gone straight through the back of Bogle to get the ball. A foul and a yellow card. In actual fact, he did a scissors motion and could have badly injured Bogle. Could have been a straight red.

McAtee should have had a pen too. Ref saw it and let it go.
If that had been Trusty pushing Salah, the ref's getting referred to the screen at the side of the pitch.

Weak performance from VAR, not sure the ref deserves all the flak.

Ref made two mistakes but has had a bad week so his mates in VAR stuck up for him knowing it wouldn't be a big story because we aren't an important Premier League club.

Nobody will remember this game by next week and they've all covered each others backs. Job done for the officials. I don't even think it's bent, I think they're absolutely petrified.

Ref made two mistakes but has had a bad week so his mates in VAR stuck up for him knowing it wouldn't be a big story because we aren't an important Premier League club.

Nobody will remember this game by next week and they've all covered each others backs. Job done for the officials. I don't even think it's bent, I think they're absolutely petrified.
It just stinks.

The fat cunt needs to lose some weight how the fuck can someone like that keep up with pure athletes at the highest level and give accurate decisions, he was shocking positionally for his decisions and getting in the way of the game. Him and Anthony Taylor are both utter shite, should be nowhere near the top flight. There’s too much at stake for clubs at this level to have substandard refereeing.

I have a theory about all of this unconscious (or concious) bias.

The EPL is a product, they sell it to the highest bidder. What do you do to keep a product popular, you keep it interesting.

The EPL want the teams with the most global fans to be at the top, therefore more subscribers in all countries and more bids for coverage.

They don't particularly want Man City to romp it every season, they want excitement, flip flopping of places, 1 point in it on the last day etc..

What does that lead to? Helping hands, favorable decisions, little bits and bobs to get them through games.

Doesn't help us, and the other 13, all just there as fodder, like prisoners for the gladiators to fight.

They don't want us here, but we are necessary for their product.

Fuck off to the European super league and leave us to it

To be honest, I thought Anel was weak for their first goal. At corners, they're always going to let a bit of jostling go.
He needs to wise up because his defending from set pieces has been woeful for a while now.

Second one is a really bad challenge from Nunez. It was clear in real time that he'd gone straight through the back of Bogle to get the ball. A foul and a yellow card. In actual fact, he did a scissors motion and could have badly injured Bogle. Could have been a straight red.

McAtee should have had a pen too. Ref saw it and let it go.
If that had been Trusty pushing Salah, the ref's getting referred to the screen at the side of the pitch.

Weak performance from VAR, not sure the ref deserves all the flak.
Referee looked reluctant to make any big decisions to me.

There won't be the same outrage of media coverage though. There will be no big apology. There will be the other way round though.

The likes of klopp have managed to make it even harder for referees to give decisions against them.

I almost feel sorry for Hopper. After the weekend the last thing he can afford is giving an incorrect call against Klopp. Who'll write letters of complaint and have blanket media backing. A decision against us is soon forgotten though

This is my biggest bugbear, it’s utterly blatant in this division that it’s not based on the actual event, but who asks for it. They don’t even try to hide it any more, look closely at what they all do with their whistles when the “big side” look like going forward with the ball, they are poised waiting for an excuse to immediately give the decision. Compare when it’s the other side.

Question or argue with the ref clearly, throw your arms up in disgust, it’s all fine if you are top ten. That and kicking the ball away or disrupting the flow of the game.

From a big list, I think my favourite today was gifting them a free kick for trying to foul a Blades player, getting the wrong side of him instead and then throwing yourself to the floor. That or the linesman, two yards away, directly watching a two armed shove by Trent before the ball but choosing to ignore it.
Aye
May lose a bit of heft given the inclusion of “kicking the ball away” ?

What did they say about McAtee being shoved to the floor?

They showed the McAtee push to Steve McManaman and he was shocked, said he’d never even noticed it during the game.

He admitted it did look like possibly a push but then grinned that defenders like to call them old fashioned shoulder barges just normal physical challenges for the ball, so he said he didn’t think it was a penalty.

Some of the decisions were appalling. Just silly stuff like blatant pushing and holding from their lot, never mind the second goal.

Van Dijk was all over our players like a rash and was pretty much allowed to pick them up and move them out of the way.

There won't be the same outrage of media coverage though. There will be no big apology. There will be the other way round though.

The likes of klopp have managed to make it even harder for referees to give decisions against them.

I almost feel sorry for Hopper. After the weekend the last thing he can afford is giving an incorrect call against Klopp. Who'll write letters of complaint and have blanket media backing. A decision against us is soon forgotten though
Wouldn't that be him blatantly being biased and not applying the laws of the game evenly then? (Cheating in other words)... why would you almost feel sorry for that? Its referees like him that give the game a bad name. It's unacceptable.

I have a theory about all of this unconscious (or concious) bias.

The EPL is a product, they sell it to the highest bidder. What do you do to keep a product popular, you keep it interesting.

The EPL want the teams with the most global fans to be at the top, therefore more subscribers in all countries and more bids for coverage.

They don't particularly want Man City to romp it every season, they want excitement, flip flopping of places, 1 point in it on the last day etc..

What does that lead to? Helping hands, favorable decisions, little bits and bobs to get them through games.

Doesn't help us, and the other 13, all just there as fodder, like prisoners for the gladiators to fight.

They don't want us here, but we are necessary for their product.

Fuck off to the European super league and leave us to it
Interesting theory. There’s lots of similar rumours/suggestions about manipulation via officials in the NFL currently

A bad decision against Sheffield United doesn't make any headlines.

A bad decision against Liverpool and it's all over the media for a week, with the manager demanding a replay.

Therefore it's much easier for the ref - after a week where he upset another big club - to not give anything that might upset Liverpool. He needed a quiet night, and got that by giving every big decision in Liverpool's favour.

I remember Konate was literally pulling on Traore repeatedly in one instance and nothing was given.

Physicality in a challenge is fine. Put a shoulder in if you’re within playing distance of the ball. That’s the wording of the law.

What you can’t do is run up and relocate other players on the pitch because you’re bigger than them. You can’t jump into players who are attacking a header rather aim for the ball. You can’t scissor tackle.

Liverpool would most likely have won that game regardless, but lesser opponents have virtually no chance when a referee is so lenient towards the big side on all the major calls.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Hooper is a relieved man this morning that Jurgen's post match comments were limited to complimenting JLT's long throws as "the best I have seen in my career" and not demanding apologies from Hooper or the PGMOL again....job done as far as he is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom