Sander Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What would you choose for January

• Total voters
Yes it was but do you honestly believe anyone is going to offer 30 million ?

So it's OK for McBurnie to have been injured but Berge it's one of the reasons you get rid.
Mcburnie was shocking we all saw it, injuries can't be helped but mcburnie has done everything he could and beyond to get fit again. He's come back firing which is fantastic but his work rate all together has gone threw roof. Berge is no doubt a talent but fuck me he can look lazy sometimes which makes his flashes of brilliance all the more annoying cause when he wants he can go threw the gears and boss a game (at this level anyway) like he's playing on easy mode. Hopefully soon when he's 100% fit he shows us what he's about but for now he goes down as a disappointment in my book.

I can't believe the amount of people saying he's shite and we need to get rid, or that McAtee is more worthy of a place in the team than he is.

Screenshot_20221211_181027.jpg

Joint 3rd for overall G/A contributions...

Joint highest assist maker...

and 4th highest goal scorer...

...in less games than almost everyone.

Remember we had Phil Thompson and Ian Rush playing for us,how could it be go wrong,they were good players.
. Selling Berge and spending on someone high priced is promotional suicide

A fit Berge is our best player … yes including Ndiaye!
You dont sell your best player when you are where we are in the league , funny how liverpool Chelsea , and Inter were in for him and some of you want to bin him off 🙄
The term WERE INTERESTED says it all

I’d try and get our money back and see where we stand with the City lads. If we do get promoted then I’m sure we could get them for another season, or if Pep can’t see a place for them…Maybe a loan with a view to buy. If we can’t get them back we are going to encounter the same dearth of talent in the squad as Florist did. We need to build are team for the big lead now.

Reading this thread, and I'm amazed, "nobody will pay £30m for him", and "he's worth nearer £10m than £30m, nobody is stupid enough to pay that"!!!
Let's all just remember. Sander is a proven international midfielder, we paid almost £30m for Brewster whos only proven he isn't what we thought!
Anything can happen, whether it does is different thing, but there are some stupid prices paid for players these days!

As an aside…isn’t it mad that Blackburn have gone nearly half a season without a single draw?
I remember us having a long run of wins and defeats under Wilder.

Just checked and it was 27, the last 7 of the League 1 title winning followed by the first 20 games back in the Championship. We finally drew game 21, 1-1 at home to Birmingham.

He won’t be going anywhere until the end of the season…. He will be off tho even if we do go up, absolutely no point in selling him 4 months before the end of the season.

Reading this thread, and I'm amazed, "nobody will pay £30m for him", and "he's worth nearer £10m than £30m, nobody is stupid enough to pay that"!!!
Let's all just remember. Sander is a proven international midfielder, we paid almost £30m for Brewster whos only proven he isn't what we thought!
Anything can happen, whether it does is different thing, but there are some stupid prices paid for players these days!
Brewster was £23m, too much but not ‘nearly £30m’. We also bought him as a desperation measure and didn’t have any other targets, Liverpool could name their price and they did.

The offers will be nearer to £10m than £30m so it’s a moot point
Agree...that's why he won't be sold.

This was a very easy poll. If anyone bids £30 million for him I'd accept and laugh all the way to the bank.

Berge does have potential and could be a decent gamble for a club with loads of money
but he's more of a luxury player and Sheff Utd aren't really in the market for luxury players.

PS: For anyone who wasn't at the match against Huddersfield match Berge was really rusty,
he was knocked off the ball a few times and played quite a few misplaced passes. Was one of our weaker performers.

United's form with a fit and firing Berge speaks for itself as it did last year too. Look at the drop off afterwards.

Nothing has changed from the summer: unless tire kickers get serious, the bids for Berge are nowhere near worthy of serious consideration. There is unlikely to be a big drop off in said tire kickers bids come the seasons end, so why sell now rather than in six months?

If big money gets tabled (20-30 million minimum) you'd have to weigh it up against damage to.our promotion prospects and what is available on the market in terms of replacements and longer term squad building.

Seen that Flemming at Millwall? Seems to be more of a 10 but he’s huge, scored a screamer yesterday and came from Fortuna Sittard. So far, 8 in 17. He’s exactly the type who should be on our radar.

If we’re being run properly, I’d expect us to have identified the players we’re likely to lose (and taking into account the different scenarios of going up and not going up) and have a short list of potential replacements, who we scout regularly, do background checks on. This isn’t revolutionary, I know Moyes was doing this when we was at Everton and I don’t think he was the only manager doing it, it’s common sense.

If we’re doing that, we shouldn’t be too worried about losing players. Obviously Ili is almost impossible to replace like for like but I don’t think that’s the case with the rest, including Berge. There isn’t a right or wrong in this situation, selling him and replacing him might work, it might not, keeping him might work but again, it doesn’t guarantee promotion. It’s very much down to the actual situation that develops; who comes in for him, what we’re offered, who we can bring in if we accept the offer, how much he wants to leave or stay. All of these are highly relevant and the answers to these will determine what we do.
Like your style, but far too much common sense. Be off with you Mr Sensible.

I’d try and get our money back and see where we stand with the City lads. If we do get promoted then I’m sure we could get them for another season, or if Pep can’t see a place for them…Maybe a loan with a view to buy. If we can’t get them back we are going to encounter the same dearth of talent in the squad as Florist did. We need to build are team for the big lead now.
Remember though, you can only loan two players from other PL clubs and you can only loan one from a single club.

Brewster was £23m, too much but not ‘nearly £30m’. We also bought him as a desperation measure and didn’t have any other targets, Liverpool could name their price and they did.
And we couldve said no.
Still proves that clubs are stupid enough to pay big money, and as per the current discussion, £23m is closer to £30m than it is to £10m😉
So, who do you think we should be signing this JTW, and who should be sold/held onto??

And we couldve said no.
Still proves that clubs are stupid enough to pay big money, and as per the current discussion, £23m is closer to £30m than it is to £10m😉
So, who do you think we should be signing this JTW, and who should be sold/held onto??
We shouldn’t sell anyone unless someone wants to buy Brewster for £10 and a pack of Match Attax, then offload him.

We need a forward a CM and an LCB, not sure who, that’s the job of the recruitment team.

This is beginning sound like the McBurnie hatred from the last two seasons. Brewster was frighteningly expensive yes, but he could still come good.

When Sander's fit and on his game, he's capable of taking the piss out of players at Championship level but for me it still doesn't feel like we see him fully at it as often as we might like.

We're basically relying on the rest of the squad to determine whether he stays or goes, based on our performance and whether the board gamble on keeping him to push us over the line or gamble on letting him go and hoping that the rest can do enough to get us up.

Bearing in mind that two of the midfield don't even belong to us and if we went up, we might not be able to afford to sign them if Man City want them back so we're back with Fleck, Norwood and Osborn as our main 3 midfielders, a pretty dire prospect if we were to be a Premier League club next season.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bogle in midfield tbh. You can’t drop Furious George right now, so when Bogle is fit could he (Bogle) play alongside Norwood in central midfield? He might be just what we need. Fast, decent tackler, good passer, can break through a press. He’s not left footed but how important is that?
Waddaya think?

You dont sell your best player when you are where we are in the league , funny how liverpool Chelsea , and Inter were in for him and some of you want to bin him off 🙄
AH but there is a section of United fans that wouldn't know a good footballer if he kicked them in the bollocks, they much prefer the clogger types you find in parks on a Sunday morning. Twice the player McAtee is at the moment, that midfield against Huddersfield was shocking with the exception of Norwood but we have very little to put in there other than midgets.

If we get anything over £24m mostly up front and fee is fine I would think. Release clause might be less in the summer too.
If it's like £10m up front with add ons unlikely to be agreed which is more like what brugge were offering.

In my opinion I don't want to lose either but if given the choice I'd rather lose berge and keep iliman.
However think the opposite is more likely or even both going.

Club need to take a stern stance with N'Diaye fee if bids come in.
Have to be realistic too but I'd think your talking again £20-25m up front fee and then some add ons.
We won't be able to replace him like for like, but players such at Gyokeres could be good options etc.

Hopefully though he stays we go up get him on a better deal and see where that goes.

AH but there is a section of United fans that wouldn't know a good footballer if he kicked them in the bollocks, they much prefer the clogger types you find in parks on a Sunday morning. Twice the player McAtee is at the moment, that midfield against Huddersfield was shocking with the exception of Norwood but we have very little to put in there other than midgets.
Berge has all the qualities I would agree to be the best at the club.
But we don't see it enough for me.
He was in good form 2nd half of last season and start of this. Bookended by injuries.
N'Diaye shows qualities in every match. Might only be a moment or two sometimes it's the whole performance.

I really like Berge as a player and don't want him to go but just being realistic.

He also needs to try and get more injury free. Appreciate that's not his fault per se but still.

Are they really ? Nothing but press rumour. He would struggle to get a regular place in any of those teams, especially if they watched him on Saturday

Are they really ? Nothing but press rumour. He would struggle to get a regular place in any of those teams, especially if they watched him on Saturday
No one would base their judgement on a twenty minute cameo after coming back from a fairly long layoff.

Back
Top Bottom