RIP SIR BOBBY CHARLTON

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wow, very sad indeed, if not unexpected. A true giant of a player & a great man. Sat here with tears in my eyes even though I had never met him, though I was blessed to see him in person on more than one occasion.
Thoughts to his family & friends.

The term legend is used too freely but in bobbys case he was a true legend of the game and appeared a genuine nice guy, rip sir bobby

RIP

I was lucky enough to see him at the Lane almost at the end of his career. He was by far the best player on the field for Man U that day.

RIP Bobby what a player hopefully we can pay our respect tonight to the World Cup winner

As some have already said a true legend in every sense of the word, not just as a player but how he has always conducted himself, very sad, as an aside can say that I shared one of his many attributes as a footballer, unfortunately it was his hair , let's play our part tonight girls and boys, minutes silence,a round of applause and a mighty rendition of the greasy chip butty in his honour.🤫 👏 🎶

We all know eventually it happens… but it’s still total shit when it does! RIP Bobby, what a legend! Thoughts are with his family and friends

A legend and a great player. Complex man, and quite difficult at times I think, although if I'd been in a plane crash and stepped over the bodies of my mates I think I'd be difficult too.

One-club man, which is something I always admire. (He did play a handful of games elsewhere, PNE mostly, but I think it's a fair description).

Only Geoff Hurst left now.

A legend and a great player. Complex man, and quite difficult at times I think, although if I'd been in a plane crash and stepped over the bodies of my mates I think I'd be difficult too.

One-club man, which is something I always admire. (He did play a handful of games elsewhere, PNE mostly, but I think it's a fair description).

Only Geoff Hurst left now.
A couple of others who played in the tournament but not the final are still going, Terry Paine and Ian Callaghan I think

Proper gentleman,hero to millions, a great legend of a footballer. Great respect to Him and his family.

As our game will only be the 2nd game to pay tribute to Sir Bobby lets all give the utmost respect specially as our opponents are his club.

Back
Top Bottom