Reactive Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought he should have brought Slimani on for Archer after an hour as they were dominating the ball and Archer is a liability in our own half. It also seems strange that he never uses all of his subs and then blames injuries on players having to play too many minutes.

There was a period of about 15 minutes before Man U scored, where we reverted to type. All 11 players sat deep letting Man United attack and just hoofing it clear / giving the ball back. Even the sky sports commentator said a Man United goal was coming.

Hecky should have been telling them to be braver, step up, slow the game down and keep the ball on the floor. In my opinion he also should have brought Slimane on at this point. Instead he stood with his arms folded. We even almost conceded after taking a stupid quick throw in back towards our own goal and giving it away instantly.

We offered absolutely nothing second half and for some stupid reason Hecky still hasn't learned that playing for a draw leads to us losing every week (8 losses out of 9 while barely leaving our own half now).

Man U are clearly better than us. The subs they brought on are clearly better than anything we could have. But Hecky could be a little bit pro active and try and do something to stop the onslaught and inevitable goal when it's coming. Instead he waits until we're losing and brings Osborne on FFS.

Also, I'm not allowing him the benefit of the doubt on the injuries. Ever since he came in it's been a massive problem. Something's clearly wrong with the medical / conditioning of our players and it can't just be a coincidence that under Hecky we've always had a massive injury list with shit loads of muscle ones.
The momentum graph shows you're right:

1697961313402.png

They gradually took over before the break as well, and though we started the second half brightly we struggled after that, also coinciding with McBurnie going off.

I was really impressed by our first half and thought it was the performance of the season so far. But we have to be aware that we do compensate a lack of ability with agression, energy and determination. It is hard to keep that up for long, and that's why I do think it's a good point that we make earlier and more substitutions.

It is difficult for Hecky because he clearly has more faith in his starting eleven compared to the substitutes. And there are reasons why it's not ideal putting player X on, but in general it's something we probably have to do more . Too many tiring players means we won't cope late on in games at this level.

I thought he should have brought Slimani on for Archer after an hour as they were dominating the ball and Archer is a liability in our own half. It also seems strange that he never uses all of his subs and then blames injuries on players having to play too many minutes.
Agree with that. Slimane is a strong lad with good technical ability and he is different to what we had playing at the time. He could have helped us being a bit stronger in midfield and also holding the ball up. Hecky probably wanted Archer to stay on in the hope that he could use his pace to get behind their centre halves.

Archer is good at running with the ball and taking players on, he only needs a big man at the side of him if we smash 50yd high balls up to them

The disappointing thing for me wasn’t necessarily the subs, although I would have took Norwood off for Slimane and left mcatee on

It was the fact our hoof tactic didn’t change when McB went off - it worked ok with him on
Then we have 2 fast nippy lads in CA & RB against big lumps like evans & harry and we continue to launch it up

High balls to our 2 against their 2 is taking a knife to a gun fight
Between McBurnie going off and them scoring they had 80% possession. This was the pass completion stats in that period:

1697963344240.png

Brewster and Thomas having no number means they didn't complete any passes. Although we probably wanted to play on the counter, these numbers show we had too little to stay in control of the game.

Outside this period we had about 45% possession, so pretty even.

There was a period of about 15 minutes before Man U scored, where we reverted to type. All 11 players sat deep letting Man United attack and just hoofing it clear / giving the ball back. Even the sky sports commentator said a Man United goal was coming.

Hecky should have been telling them to be braver, step up, slow the game down and keep the ball on the floor. In my opinion he also should have brought Slimane on at this point. Instead he stood with his arms folded. We even almost conceded after taking a stupid quick throw in back towards our own goal and giving it away instantly.

We offered absolutely nothing second half and for some stupid reason Hecky still hasn't learned that playing for a draw leads to us losing every week (8 losses out of 9 while barely leaving our own half now).

Man U are clearly better than us. The subs they brought on are clearly better than anything we could have. But Hecky could be a little bit pro active and try and do something to stop the onslaught and inevitable goal when it's coming. Instead he waits until we're losing and brings Osborne on FFS.

Also, I'm not allowing him the benefit of the doubt on the injuries. Ever since he came in it's been a massive problem. Something's clearly wrong with the medical / conditioning of our players and it can't just be a coincidence that under Hecky we've always had a massive injury list with shit loads of muscle ones.
EX-ACT-LY

have to agree with most comments on this thread why isnt slimane given a chance absolutely no point bringing osborn on hes a lower level championship/top end league 1 standard player now i would also like to see buyubu given a chance at lb for me hes as good if not better than thomas and larrouchi

The tactical subs were way too late.
Hecky spent most of the second half with his arm round SMC whispering to him. You don't need to do that. Why discuss it. Get a sub on. Every sub we make takes about 5 minutes. Hecky has to have needless conversations for several minutes with the sub before they come on. Why? No other manager does this. It just delays it. Bring the fricking sub on.
Oh. Man u have scored. Game over.
Well done Hecky.
How do you know what he’s saying to McCall?

‘What dya reckon, Stu? Which of the 4 academy kids with about 3 appearances between ‘em will make a difference against Man U?’
“I’m not sure Paul, think any will make a bit of a difference as they’re able to run”

“Actually, we’ve got a bloke who’s got 40 odd caps with Tunisia..” “fuck it, we’ll stick ozzy on, he can run”

No no Dougie you're probably right. They probably do talk about the game and which Hunger Games trial they are going to put the players through this week in training. And then see if they get it on their injury numbers sweepstake. Winner takes all between all the staff, £10 in across the whole club.

WTF did Hecky sign Slimane if he thinks Norwood and Osbourn are better than him? WTF did he sign Trusty if he thought Basham was better than him?

We may not have had much money to spend but it's clear what money we did have wasn't spent on the right players. It's only a matter of time before Norwood, Osbourn and Fleck are all in the starting 11 FFS

The bloke is neither reactive nor proactive he’s nothing he’s just a place holder a caretaker manager who hit the jackpot of having players such as MGW & Ndiaye

Open your eyes blades fans

We need to act before the 4 teams battling for survival becomes 3

Attachments

• EC8AA087-ED59-4CAD-AAAA-6AFD7E0B2E0C.jpeg
    EC8AA087-ED59-4CAD-AAAA-6AFD7E0B2E0C.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 6
Never proactive Hecky. It’s a theme throughout his tenure.

From Norwood needing to be dropped for Doyle, changing to a back 4, making subs - today a prime example. It’s always later than it should be; and usually too late.

Crap.
Changes forced by injuries. PH had no other choice, and Man Utd were needing a good belting.

The bloke is neither reactive nor proactive he’s nothing he’s just a place holder a caretaker manager who hit the jackpot of having players such as MGW & Ndiaye

Open your eyes blades fans

We need to act before the 4 teams battling for survival becomes 3
Soon to be joined by Everton and Man Utd.

He's loyal to both his players and the way he sets his team up. To a fault, unfortunately

Totally agree.
If the plan is to fuck this season off and build for next ,
What's the point in playing the old farts , let's get some development done.
In fact , what's the point of signing development players if you're not gonna play em ?
I'd love to ask him.

The time to ask him that was after we got promoted and he gave the following players minutes in dead rubber games who cannot have been expected to be starting this season as opposed to development players:

vs Preston - Basham 90, McAtee/Fleck combined 90, Doyle/Sharp combined 61
vs Huddersfield - Basham 90, Doyle 23, Stevens/Fleck combined 82, McAtee 90, Sharp 37
vs Birmingham - Basham 90, Doyle 90, Fleck/Stevens 74, McAtee 57, Sharp 33

Didn’t say they weren’t, just wondered what people would have done more proactively given our lineup and available substitutes…
We had a few who looked shot before their 2nd goal. Hamer, Mcatee and Archer all looked done, having put in a big shift. He had 3 midfielders on the bench. To make the change he did (Osborn) after the goal instead of before was an error.

This is a pattern for Hecky. He's got qualities but in game management isn't his strength

What are you on about 😂
Disagree with me by all means, but please do not assume that your opinion carry’s more weight than mine, and that you can choose the language you would prefer in my reply.

You know very well what I am on about!

Disagree with me by all means, but please do not assume that your opinion carry’s more weight than mine, and that you can choose the language you would prefer in my reply.

You know very well what I am on about!
Jesus Christ 😂

Back
Top Bottom