Player Suggestion Premiership Squad

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wataru Endo from Stuttgart would be a good CM addition. Might fancy the PL. Been impressive for a while and also had a good world cup for Japan. Tidy player but also more physical than the Japanese stereotype

Apart from trying to get Doyle and McAtee back, our two main targets should be choudhry at Watford and Scott at Bristol city.

I’d also like to see us go for Clarke at Sunderland for LWB and maybe Lewis O’Brien too for midfield.
Sounds like all the big guns are in for Scott, just like Gyökeres.
Choudhry would be an excellent and achievable option though.
O'brien would be a great shout ad well.

10 foreign based players off the top of my head..............................

1. Tommaso Pobega on loan from AC Milan, he is a rough & tumble box to box midfielder, who scores goals, who doesn't mind mixing it and would suit the PL down to the ground.

2. Emanuele Valeri attack minded LWB at Cremonese who are going down from serie a this season. Forest had a sniff at him pre season. A very good player.

3. Emanuel Aiwu classy CB at Cremonese. Burnley are looking at him at the moment.

4. MBala Nzola a CF at Spezia in serie a, they are struggling and may go down. He's scored about 30 in 90 for them and is used to creating his own chances and using his strength. Everton had a look at him in the JTW. He's an underrated striker.

5. Fran Navarro a CF who plays for Gil Vicente in portugal. A consistent goal scorer for one of the smaller teams. Leeds have had a look at him.

6. Simon Banza a FW who plays for Braga in portugal.

7. Thijs Dallinga a CF who plays for Toulouse in the Ligue 1. He is a typical number nine who likes to find space in between defenders in the penalty box, where he scores the majority of his goals. He is not the tallest, but he is astute at making runs in front of, or in behind, defenders and at sniffing around for a rebound in the area.

8. Filip Uremovic a CB/RCB who plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga, who are getting relegated. His name rings a bell ;)

9. Josha Vagnoman a LWB/RWB who plays for Stuttgart in the Bundesliga who are getting relegated.

10. Rodrigo Zalazar a DCM who plays for Schalke in the Bundesliga, who are getting relegated.

Last edited:
Ellyes Skhiri at Köln is another Bundesliga CM worth a serious look (I watch this league quite often)

May be the fittest player in the league. Covers loads of ground and screens the back 4 very well. Tidy footballer....6 foot 1....even been scoring a lot recently too. Would have no problem with the PL at all

Would like us to look at guys like this who allow us to go with just 2 in CM and therefore allow 3 fwds

Get Lewis O’Brien and Tommy Doyle on permanent transfers straight away.

Gyokores would make sense for £20m.

Left centre back as ever will be a priority, no sane person would give Robbo a new contact for the prem and Ciaran Clark has hardly ever been fit during a promotion campaign. No idea who we sign but we need to bring in at least 2 left centre backs and a proven left wing back.

If Kyle Walker is possible then try for a loan to cover both right sided slots.

Also wouldn’t be against a loan for Conor Coady to compete with John Egan. Much better distribution, good leader and unlike at Everton he’d be more comfortable in a back three for us.

Sounds like all the big guns are in for Scott, just like Gyökeres.
Choudhry would be an excellent and achievable option though.
O'brien would be a great shout ad well.
The rumours around these championship players are very rarely true usually the agents ramping up interest

Heigh, pace and aggression are needed in the middle. We have none of that barring Berge's pace in attacking transitions. Personally I feel Berge is the only Premier League quality midfielder we have. Even then the balance has to be right. Palace would be the model I'd look at in terms of acquisitions.

The only goalkeeper on the books I'm happy going into next season with is Wes.

Defensively I'd build around Anel, Egan, Baldock, Bogle, RND.

The forward line has Ndiaye, Mcburnie and a young, raw Jebbo and Osula.Mcburnie divides opinion but is unlikely to be moved on due to our investment and lack of funds for recruitment.

There's a lot of work to do if we want to give ourselves a realistic chance of staying up. 1x GK, 1x LWB, 1 x LCB, 3 x midfielders, 2 x strikers. If Ndiaye and or Berge leave even more.

Heigh, pace and aggression are needed in the middle. We have none of that barring Berge's pace in attacking transitions. Personally I feel Berge is the only Premier League quality midfielder we have. Even then the balance has to be right. Palace would be the model I'd look at in terms of acquisitions.

The forward line has Ndiaye, Mcburnie and a young, raw Jebbo and Osula.Mcburnie divides opinion but is unlikely to be moved on due to our investment and lack of funds for recruitment.

There's a lot of work to do if we want to give ourselves a realistic chance of staying up. 1x GK, 1x LWB, 1 x LCB, 3 x midfielders, 2 x strikers. If Ndiaye and or Berge leave even more.
I presume Osula will be out on loan. In an ideal world, Jebbo would get a Championship loan as well.

Ellyes Skhiri at Köln is another Bundesliga CM worth a serious look (I watch this league quite often)

May be the fittest player in the league. Covers loads of ground and screens the back 4 very well. Tidy footballer....6 foot 1....even been scoring a lot recently too. Would have no problem with the PL at all

Would like us to look at guys like this who allow us to go with just 2 in CM and therefore allow 3 fwds
He’s out of contract too, so no fee to the club. Deals like this ought to be attractive to us.

I do wonder who we might pick up from this avenue.

I'd trust hecky with a budget more than wilder and I assume he has a list based on ownership scenarios. Wilders buys were average at best. Eg Freeman, Mcburnie, Mousset and Robinson. Mousset scored some vital goals to be fair but the others failed to impress.

Gyokeres would be an amazing signing probably priced 25m+. Doyle would be 20m easy. Maybe both with relegation release and sell on clauses?

We need a GK, LWB, CB + cover, Midfield + cover and a Forward which is 7 in at a minimum.

As someone said we need to utilise the loan market and offer hefty fees. Our youth players won't cut it if they haven't already so can't see Osula, Arblaster or Gordon named in first team squad. Or Lowe for that matter.

The whole buying the best players in the championship technique was done last time, and well who’s left? McBurnie? Only others I can think of are Bogle and Lowe but we all prefer RND and Baldock. So this time we have to be careful, can’t be overly spending on unproven champ players. Perhaps older, proven prem players. Or dare I say it… players from leagues overseas. But I wouldn’t want to be asking too much from our scouting team 😂

Assuming the likely happens and we go up these are the realistic options I think we could be looking at and how that would have our squad looking. My logic is, we will have little ball so need legs in the midfield alongside prem experience.

What do you think is missing ?

Incoming

GK - Dean Henderson (loan)
CB - Ciaran Clark (Free)
LCB - Levi Colwill (loan)
CDM - Raphael Onyedika (£15m)
CM - Will Hughes (£7m)
CM - Tommy Doyle (£10m)
CM - Tom Davis (free agent)
CAM - Guus Til (£7m)
ST - Victor Gyökeres (£20m)

Release/Sell

Fleck
Stevens
Jebbison (loan)
Coulibaly (loan)
O’Connell
Osborne
Osula (loan)
Arblaster (loan)

Squad

GK - Henderson, Wes, Davies
RWB - Baldock, Bogle
RCB - Anel, Basham
CB - Egan, Clark
LCB - Colwill, Robinson
LWB - Lowe, Norrington-Davies
CDM - Onyedika, Norwood
LCM - Tommy Doyle, Will Hughes
RCM - Sander Berge, Tom Davies
CAM - Guus Til
ST - Ndiaye, Gyökeres, Mcburnie, Brewster, Sharp

Tommy Doyle is all right foot, can't play him LCM
Clark can't get a game for us now

Only one Prem league loan allowed.

We need minimum of 6x first team players to join to have a chance, and we need to re-think the wage structure to attract the best players as its not the transfer fee's that stop us doing business.

Ryan Manning (LB/LWB) of Swansea available on a free. Good age and seems like a bit of a shithouse

Also Joel Latibeaudiere (RCB) would be available for a tribunal fee, though admittedly know much less about him
Latibeaudiere is a Donny lad and has good pedigree (England and City) he’s not the biggest though and that might be a weakness he struggles to overcome during his career. Strikes me as a bit of utility man.

Wataru Endo from Stuttgart would be a good CM addition. Might fancy the PL. Been impressive for a while and also had a good world cup for Japan. Tidy player but also more physical than the Japanese stereotype

Surely we want to get the central midfield somewhat younger? Sure, he's likely to have a longer career than most, but he's already 30

I do enjoy reading these type of threads, but without sounding like a damp squid, could we just hold back until we get a huge bold ‘P’ at the side of our club name. We’re talking about Sheffield United here and we all know what can happen.
Me pessimistic? ….. Nah.
Bladey bladeness mate

Think Berge has some improving to achieve before he can be described as premier quality , he hasnt exactly stood out in many games this season , in fact hes been lucky to keep his place after some displays . The rest looks about right though

Back
Top Bottom