Player Suggestion Premiership Squad

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade088

Reaction score
Assuming the likely happens and we go up these are the realistic options I think we could be looking at and how that would have our squad looking. My logic is, we will have little ball so need legs in the midfield alongside prem experience.

What do you think is missing ?

Incoming

GK - Dean Henderson (loan)
CB - Ciaran Clark (Free)
LCB - Levi Colwill (loan)
CDM - Raphael Onyedika (£15m)
CM - Will Hughes (£7m)
CM - Tommy Doyle (£10m)
CM - Tom Davis (free agent)
CAM - Guus Til (£7m)
ST - Victor Gyökeres (£20m)

Release/Sell

Fleck
Stevens
Jebbison (loan)
Coulibaly (loan)
O’Connell
Osborne
Osula (loan)
Arblaster (loan)

Squad

GK - Henderson, Wes, Davies
RWB - Baldock, Bogle
RCB - Anel, Basham
CB - Egan, Clark
LCB - Colwill, Robinson
LWB - Lowe, Norrington-Davies
CDM - Onyedika, Norwood
LCM - Tommy Doyle, Will Hughes
RCM - Sander Berge, Tom Davies
CAM - Guus Til
ST - Ndiaye, Gyökeres, Mcburnie, Brewster, Sharp

Should revisit a couple of the midfielders we were interested in last time we were in the PL - Mady Camara and Florian Grillitsch

With regards to Berge's observation about MacAtee's ability to see through the chaos of the championship team tactics, possession and techniques are even more vital. So that and PL experience should be the main criteria. Good championship players are going to be a waste. Hecky probably already has a dossier on all such candidates from his u23 days..

We should look to heavily use the foreign loan market for better players. Pay a larger loan fee with a option to buy which makes it attractive for them as they’ll get more as a total. If it doesn’t work out we don’t have to buy the player and have only lost the upfront fee and the loaning club get the fee plus the wage saving. Yes, we’ll potentially waste £15-20m on those fees but that’s across 4-5 players and if any are big success’ you make that back anyway.

Eiran Cashin at Derby might be worth a look he’s 21 plays CB and has been one of if not the best player in league one this year.

League one to the prem is a big jump but if he goes on to become established in the champ over the next few season we won’t be able to afford him. If he could be got for a reasonable fee (by prem standards) then he could be a very useful depth/development player in the first season and a nailed on starter if we did go down.

On the topic on highly touted young CB’s there’s also Greaves at Hull and Omobambidele at Norwich but both are still raw and might prove quite pricey.

Last edited:
Doig (20 yrs old) who is scottish but plays for Hellas Verona in Italy is a good shout at LWB and Lewis Ferguson (23 yrs old) is a good shout at CM, who is scottish but plays for Bologna in Serie A is another. Doig would be available for £9m and Ferguson for circa £10m. As an aside Bologna, who are hedging against losing Ferguson in the summer are seriously scouting Josh Campbell at Hibs as a replacement. Bologna also like the look of Miovski & Duk at Aberdeen, both of who are goal scoring forwards.

Last edited:
Assuming the likely happens and we go up these are the realistic options I think we could be looking at and how that would have our squad looking. My logic is, we will have little ball so need legs in the midfield alongside prem experience.

Incoming

CB - Ciaran Clark (Free)
CM - Will Hughes (£7m)
CM - Tommy Doyle (£10m)
CAM - Guus Til (£7m)

Release/Sell

Fleck
Stevens
Jebbison (loan)
Coulibaly (loan)
O’Connell
Osborne
Osula (loan)
Arblaster (loan)

Squad

RWB - Baldock, Bogle
RCB - Anel, Basham
CB - Egan, Clark
LCB - Colwill, Robinson
CDM - Onyedika, Norwood
CAM - Guus Til

Provided were up of course:

£59m in fees and a PL wage bill? Sorry, somehow I’m struggling to see it, but hope I’m wrong

I see PA clearing the debt and a big wage bill, but I don’t see a large transfer kitty

The only way I see a larger kitty is if Berge and Ndiaye leave. Personally I think they will and we should hopefully recover £10m for Berge and because of the interest in Ndiaye, I reckon £25m - £30m. Of course we can buy a couple of decent players with that but will they replace the two that have left?

As for Gyokeres, I think realistically he’s headed elsewhere, on a far bigger salary than he’d get at ours

Last edited:

Incoming

CB - Ciaran Clark (Free)
CM - Will Hughes (£7m)
CM - Tommy Doyle (£10m)
CAM - Guus Til (£7m)

Release/Sell

Fleck
Stevens
Jebbison (loan)
Coulibaly (loan)
O’Connell
Osborne
Osula (loan)
Arblaster (loan)

Squad

RWB - Baldock, Bogle
RCB - Anel, Basham
CB - Egan, Clark
LCB - Colwill, Robinson
CDM - Onyedika, Norwood
CAM - Guus Til

Personally, I would add Berge and Ndiaye to the sell list. Not through choice but I think they wish to leave so we have to sell to recoup fees

Provided were up of course:

£59m in fees and a PL wage bill? Sorry, somehow I’m struggling to see it, but hope I’m wrong

I see PA clearing the debt and a big wage bill, but I don’t see a large transfer kitty

The only way I see a larger kitty is if Berge and Ndiaye leave. Personally I think they will and we should hopefully recover £10m for Berge and because of the interest in Ndiaye, I reckon £25m - £30m. Of course we can buy a couple of decent players with that but will they replace the two that have left?

As for Gyokeres, I think realistically he’s headed elsewhere, on a far bigger salary than he’d get at ours
Just honestly not worth reading your posts anymore

It’s deffo the right thing to do to be targeting the players in lower leagues here and around Europe, and there have been some good players come through again in this country.

I just hope what scouting we have got has been paying attention.

We simply have to start getting in those players who are quick in feet and thought across the midfield. We have to start adopting a more creative and possession based style if we are going to progress as a club.

But it was worth needlessly insulting him for sharing his thoughts?

I asked Frank to put me on ignore the last time my post didn’t agree with his opinion, but it looks like he hasn’t and would rather read them so he can have a dig.

I guess there’s only one opinion on this board that counts?

Harry winks to replace Norwood, should be able to get him cheap enough and can't imagine him being on mega bucks either. Decent age at 27 with plenty premier league experience. (Obviously depends on the new manager and if he features in his plans, as he currently doesn't have a future at spurs).

I asked Frank to put me on ignore the last time my post didn’t agree with his opinion, but it looks like he hasn’t and would rather read them so he can have a dig.

Frank Spencer , another that thinks if you dont agree wi him you are there to be abused

Doig (20 yrs old) who is scottish but plays for Hellas Verona in Italy is a good shout at LWB and Lewis Ferguson (23 yrs old) is a good shout at CM, who is scottish but plays for Bologna in Serie A is another. Doig would be available for £9m and Ferguson for circa £10m. As an aside Bologna, who are hedging against losing Ferguson in the summer are seriously scouting Josh Campbell at Hibs as a replacement. Bologna also like the look of Miovski & Duk at Aberdeen, both of who are goal scoring forwards.

as if by Copernicus magic, Miovksi scored this afternoon against Rangers. ;)

Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League

Couple of kids at Bristol City well worth trying for, and Swansea, Sunderland, Blackburn and Coventry have a few to look at as well.

Not sure how good our scouting is, especially regarding wider European targets. But we really could do with some cheaper alternatives to the usual expensive British market. And I guess this is why clubs like us look to exploit those with a wider reach and take their players on loan. The only issue of course that it’s dead money.
So if we are to progress from this promotion we really need to do it different to last time.

We invested in the ground last time, but really need to push for improving training and scouting set up now. Set aside a chunk…a very large chunk of the possible transfer budget and build the squad with value instead. That way we benefit in the long term and can push forward in 2-3 years when we cycle through another promotion.

Yours is always the worst possible scenario presented as fact

Back
Top Bottom