Pre-season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's fine, but maybe just mix it up a little bit.

Mansfield, Lincoln, Stockport etc. might be a decent change of scenery.

Stockport would be a good one, can't remember us going that side of the Pennies for a friendly.

I wanted Harrogate and/or York purely for the pubs and bars.

And we play them occasionally. Having prior relationships with other clubs means we have the contacts and it's easier to sort out. Fans are lowest priority for arranging pre season fixtures and quite rightly. It's about getting ready for the important stuff only.
That is true. I'm not overly bothered personally, but can see why some people might be bored with it as well.

Stockport would be a good one, can't remember us going that side of the Pennies for a friendly.

I wanted Harrogate and/or York purely for the pubs and bars.
Yeah the York one under Weir (I think?) was great. Saturday afternoon job and blazing sunshine - no bowing to the chairman on this visit!

York is a good shout, new ground and decent boozers.

I thought we was meant to play our u21s games there anyway? We always seem to be at lane.

I think I should be able to make the Derby game, as I’m not due to have the kids that weekend, so if anyone fancies beers in Derby before and/or after, give me a shout!

All away games to save money by not opening the ground. All close b y to save travel costs.

We really are skint.

Having said that, they're decent games and will be challenging. Moreso than touring some far flung tropical oasis like Cornwall.

I'm going for Sevilla for the banker foreign team at home.

I've been once before but was a babi, Where's best places to go? Have a beer pal 👍
Depends what you’re looking for really. As robbiez666 says, the Brunswick and Alex are pretty good and do decent beer (I think the landlord of the Brunswick might be a snorter though). Further into town there are some really good beer pubs. My favourite is the Flower Pot. Friar Gate has some decent bars that are a bit livelier too.

If anyone is interested closer to the time we can set up a WhatsApp group or something and coordinate it properly :)

Oh look "overseas training camp". No destination named. Leaving all the fans pondering where it is until club decide to announce summat. Why can't they say "Portugal" or "France". Just give us fuckin summat. Owt!!

Again, just like the shirts, it's all a mystery.
I've already told you why

Some fans might want to make plans to travel to support them

Can't have that can we

Managed in the 70's by Jimmy Hagan !!
Estoril is all over Facebook, some fans have already booked flights and hotel. According to Wiki their home stadium is very small - capacity seems to have been reduced from 8k to 5k for some reason.

Depends what you’re looking for really. As robbiez666 says, the Brunswick and Alex are pretty good and do decent beer (I think the landlord of the Brunswick might be a snorter though). Further into town there are some really good beer pubs. My favourite is the Flower Pot. Friar Gate has some decent bars that are a bit livelier too.

If anyone is interested closer to the time we can set up a WhatsApp group or something and coordinate it properly :)

Last time I went The Brunswick wouldn’t let United fans in ( the 530 kick off game) I had to convince the landlord on the door that I was on a CAMRA tour of Derby pubs and didn’t even know there was a football match on. My Canterbury and District CAMRA card securing the deal!

Alex great railway pub but crap sandwiches. Went to about 5 other good beer guide pubs on that side of city ending not far from that long path that goes to the ground that were excellent. Really rate Dancing Duck beers and they were in most places.

The rozzers were directing away fans to some awful place full of mirrors, lager from Northampton and loud dance music. If that’s your bag fair enough, but if not you may want to have your own cover story and props ready.

As a foot note,I can’t use mine again as when I left The Brunswick I said Up the Blades to the landlord who is indeed a man of pork!

Tbf there are better pubs all round than both the Brunswick and the Alex. Their major selling point is their proximity, coupled with the fact that they’re not The Waterfall.

Dancing Duck brewery is wonderful. Ay Up is a very nice pint. My own personal current favourite is Pale Moonlight by Lenton Lane brewery. At the Flower Pot it’s only £3.80 a pint as well.

Stick to making sure threads are placed nicely in the right section.
I'm so sorry but I get it now. The thread posted this week in General Blades Chat that was about Everton being in trouble? The thread that was moved into the "Other football and Sport" section by the Mods? That thread?

Grow up FFS

I'm so sorry but I get it now. The thread posted this week in General Blades Chat that was about Everton being in trouble? The thread that was moved into the "Other football and Sport" section by the Mods? That thread?

Grow up FFS
Sorry I forgot the 😉 emoji after my post to let you know it was just a joke.

I'm a Derby blade of nearly 7 years .
Ex handsworth blade of 48 years .
There's around 35/40 of us blades down here. We have our own pub the Harrington arms which is full of blades momento and run by a Woodhouse blade.
Do not go in the Brunswick it's run by an arrogant pig , he barred me and other blades . Tall ugly grey hair glasses snug as owt and s coward .
The best pubs in Derby are the following.your into real ale like me .
Exeter arms
Furnace
Five lamps
Falstaff
Flowerpot.
Peacock
Smithfield
If your into wetherspoons the standing order is ok and recently had a huge beer garden and dude extension built
If any blade or coach of blades or train needs a pub sorting please let me know I'm friends with most of the bar managers down here . Even the neptune and Kirky .
I live a fifteen minute walk from pride park , I can see it from my house and the otherway a 20 minute walk from the old baseball ground one of my grounds in the past .

I'm a Derby blade of nearly 7 years .
Ex handsworth blade of 48 years .
There's around 35/40 of us blades down here. We have our own pub the Harrington arms which is full of blades momento and run by a Woodhouse blade.
Do not go in the Brunswick it's run by an arrogant pig , he barred me and other blades . Tall ugly grey hair glasses snug as owt and s coward .
The best pubs in Derby are the following.your into real ale like me .
Exeter arms
Furnace
Five lamps
Falstaff
Flowerpot.
Peacock
Smithfield
If your into wetherspoons the standing order is ok and recently had a huge beer garden and dude extension built
If any blade or coach of blades or train needs a pub sorting please let me know I'm friends with most of the bar managers down here . Even the neptune and Kirky .
I live a fifteen minute walk from pride park , I can see it from my house and the otherway a 20 minute walk from the old baseball ground one of my grounds in the past .
Absolutely right about that twat in Brunswick I had words with him last time we were in typical 🐖

Brunswicks pig owned..
We attempted to gain entry via the back door after our last visit to Derby.

The bouncer asked to see our match tickets so one of the lads duly obliged.

The look of incredulity on his face was brilliant as he said "this is an away ticket" 🤣🤣🤣

Don't believe everything you read in this thread!,... Estoril is NOT all over facebook. I just googled Estoril and it's actually in PORTUGAL.
If you've booked a flight to or a hotel in facebook, cancel it NOW, the Blades aren't gonna be playing there!!.

Good thing I'm not easily fooled!!! ;)

Don't believe everything you read in this thread!,... Estoril is NOT all over facebook. I just googled Estoril and it's actually in PORTUGAL.
If you've booked a flight to or a hotel in facebook, cancel it NOW, the Blades aren't gonna be playing there!!.

Good thing I'm not easily fooled!!! ;)
My local pub is the coronation , it's a 15 minute walk from the ground , pride park on the back streets .
If any blades come down in numbers I can get it sorted and they look after you. It has large beer garden .

Back
Top Bottom