Pre-season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Oh look "overseas training camp". No destination named. Leaving all the fans pondering where it is until club decide to announce summat. Why can't they say "Portugal" or "France". Just give us fuckin summat. Owt!!

Again, just like the shirts, it's all a mystery.

Sigh

Why can we never do anything different

Chesterfield, Rotherham, repeat
Don’t see the problem with these fixtures to be honest.

Good prep and easy enough for plenty of fans to attend (especially with cost of living etc)

Fixtures with more ‘novelty value’ would be great (Inter at home was a great occasion) especially for those with the spare time and cash to go but there is no onus on the club to provide glamorous pre season fixtures, just that they get the job done.

I suspect if they had the choice management probably wouldn’t want fans in for some friendlies

In any case there is a big two week gap for something more exciting to be put in the calendar.

Don’t see the problem with these fixtures to be honest.

Good prep and easy enough for plenty of fans to attend (especially with cost of living etc)

Fixtures with more ‘novelty value’ would be great (Inter at home was a great occasion) especially for those with the spare time and cash to go but there is no onus on the club to provide glamorous pre season fixtures, just that they get the job done.

I suspect if they had the choice management probably wouldn’t want fans in for some friendlies

In any case there is a big two week gap for something more exciting to be put in the calendar.
No problem having these convenient local games, but you'd think we could throw in something slightly interesting as well after a promotion to the PL

No problem having these convenient local games, but you'd think we could throw in something slightly interesting as well after a promotion to the PL
I think we will. We had Reimes dropped in at shorter notice in 2019. Real Betis was also announced after the Pre season camp was confirmed as well

Dig the Porco Fascista banner out somebody took to Swindon away.
I was clinging on to one end of it in a tug of war with the nazi enabling stewards.

It was the edgiest I'd been in a football stadium since I nearly got thrown out of Leeds Road in 1980. Having a loud teenage potty mouth in close proximity to one of WYP's finest nearly cost me an early bath.

Most sides play friendlies within a 50 mile radius, we're not a top 6 club going around Asia and USA for a tour and can guarantee if we did fans would complain saying there's no local games.

Can't win.

There's always more friendlies that are announced closer to the time it won't be just the ones listed.

Most sides play friendlies within a 50 mile radius, we're not a top 6 club going around Asia and USA for a tour and can guarantee if we did fans would complain saying there's no local games.

Can't win.

There's always more friendlies that are announced closer to the time it won't be just the ones listed.
That's fine, but maybe just mix it up a little bit.

Mansfield, Lincoln, Stockport etc. might be a decent change of scenery.

What exactly do people want? If we played championship sides it wouldn't be exciting. Playing lower sides helps us try new stuff and gain confidence and minutes in legs and we are potentially having a European side at home? We can't play premier league sides as we are one.

So what do those moaning actually want?

What exactly do people want? If we played championship sides it wouldn't be exciting. Playing lower sides helps us try new stuff and gain confidence and minutes in legs and we are potentially having a European side at home? We can't play premier league sides as we are one.

So what do those moaning actually want?
I think people have answered this - not to play the same teams every year.

Reactions: Dkc
I think people have answered this - not to play the same teams every year.
Do people know there's only certain clubs within easy travelling distance. Why the fuck would the club want to go to Plymouth when Derby is just down the road?!

Absolute brain dead idiots. It's not a day out it's a practice game. The club aren't doing it for fans to have a new day out 🤷‍♂️

Do people know there's only certain clubs within easy travelling distance. Why the fuck would the club want to go to Plymouth when Derby is just down the road?!

Absolute brain dead idiots. It's not a day out it's a practice game. The club aren't doing it for fans to have a new day out 🤷‍♂️
I'm already looking forward to another day out in Derby though 😎🍻🍻

Here's a thought.
A two-legged Sheffield Derby.
All profit to the two local charities chosen by each club.
Everyone's A Winner, Baby!

Nailed on. All part of pre season bingo.

“weeerz new shirt for mi holiday”

“Not a Sheffield United shirt”

“Weerz new signings”

“Weerz mi season card”

“Weerz Kyle Walker & Naughton Money”

Etc
WEERZ MUNNEH GONE

There are other clubs locally.

Reactions: Dkc
That's fine, but maybe just mix it up a little bit.

Mansfield, Lincoln, Stockport etc. might be a decent change of scenery.
We played Mansfield a few years back. May have been Hendos debut.

There are other clubs locally.
And we play them occasionally. Having prior relationships with other clubs means we have the contacts and it's easier to sort out. Fans are lowest priority for arranging pre season fixtures and quite rightly. It's about getting ready for the important stuff only.

Oh no how terrible! 3 local games that wont cost owt to get to, and i'll be forced to go to some decent pubs (Chezzy and Derby). Not been to Rovrum boozers so cant comment.

Back
Top Bottom