Pick any manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you could take any manager to take over tomorrow who would it be and why

I would take Pulis from West Brom he's organised gets his players to give some fight on the pitch and gets results

Get Robson back and feed the fucker to the kop.

Neil Warnock. He would win us promotion from this division with his eyes shut.

I remember the exact same comments about Nigel Adkins last season.
However many said we wouldn't get Adkins because we wouldn't meet his pay demands because we aren't ambitious enough.

For Chris Wilder- a big Blade with a good record with small clubs in the lower divisions see Micky Adams.

Anyone see the pattern?

We've tried studying cv's and using logic but it hasn't worked.
How about putting 10 random manager names in a hat? It can't be any worse.

As daft as it sound Brendan Rodgers and David Moyes would be suited too. Both have experience outside the premiership and know how to build teams up.

Yeah. Chuck in Roberto Martinez and you have a trio who take over clubs where all the basics are in place and fuck up magnificently.

Yeah. Chuck in Roberto Martinez and you have a trio who take over clubs where all the basics are in place and fuck up magnificently.

Think you totally missed my point. David Moyes, Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez all built good L1/Championship teams and overachieved with them. They all then secured high profile jobs that just weren't the right fit.

Moyes rescued Preston from slipping to the 4th before getting them to the championship and almost the premiership.

Rodgers got Swansea to the premiership and sustained it.

Martinez started the Swansea legacy by winning L1. He then took over at Wigan in the PL and kept them there for many years. In addition to this he won the Fa Cup.

They're all suited to "united type" clubs.

Eddie Howe also took over at newly relegated Burnley but the pressure was too much and he ended up back at Bournemouth. Some jobs are too high profile for managers and they can't hack it.

All those managers named above have excellent history and success in L1/Champ

I really like this thread...

Can we have it every year, please...

D'Oh...:eek::rolleyes:

Think you totally missed my point. David Moyes, Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez all built good L1/Championship teams and overachieved with them. They all then secured high profile jobs that just weren't the right fit.

Moyes rescued Preston from slipping to the 4th before getting them to the championship and almost the premiership.

Rodgers got Swansea to the premiership and sustained it.

Martinez started the Swansea legacy by winning L1. He then took over at Wigan in the PL and kept them there for many years. In addition to this he won the Fa Cup.

They're all suited to "united type" clubs.

Eddie Howe also took over at newly relegated Burnley but the pressure was too much and he ended up back at Bournemouth. Some jobs are too high profile for managers and they can't hack it.

All those managers named above have excellent history and success in L1/Champ

Haven't we learned from a manager who 'has' done it at our level but, for various reasons, cannot replicate that with SUFC?

Last year I'd say over 90% of us would have wanted Adkins when Clough went.

Shows what we know :-/
Last year 90% of us were thinking the same about Clough as we are Adkins

Not impressed but worth another season ...............

Jurgen Klopp wouldn't be bad, would it?

Great character and we'd never be short of entertainment.

Back to reality - stick with Adkins.

Back
Top Bottom