New Manager?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Correct,and his current investment is haemorrhaging lots as the weeks pass by. Pay the money to resurrect and rebuild or it’s goodbye to £100 million,because if we don’t get back up again next season “his” club will be worth a 24 pack of bog rolls.
Tin hat on-:
Van nistelrooy
Potter
Hasenhuttl
All out of work and probably tell us to fuck off.
Ian Evatt
Carlos Corberan.
Agree, but if you invest, you need someone who can use it. I'm not against anyone you suggest, except my Nephew is an avid Saints fan. He reckons Hassenhutl is a busted flush and they blame him for their demise. Great youth policy at the club, but all he wanted to play was massive neanderthals with no skill.

I would be happy to see a temporary manager until the season end.
However a more permanent manager would be a better decision.
As to whom I have no idea.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I did suggest Sebastian Hoeneß, but doubt he would come to us without a good pay package and a transfer budget.

Here's the answer.
Sacking Hecky costs £2m compo, new bloke wants £1m salary, that £3m and we still go down.
Plan B. Put the £3m behind the bar. There's 12 home matches left, 20k over 18's home fans.
I work that at 4 pints each, every match, we still get relegated, but with a softener.
Fuck it, that's better than the other options

I did consider that exact comparison to Potter at Chelsea, but with Still he went into a Reims team last season who were bottom and as you say with no coaching badges took them on a charge up the league (even competing with PSG and the other top sides I believe). They're 5th this season and although the league obviously isn't as competitive are significantly overachieving. If one or two of their players looked around and said 'Who?' (Balogun from Arsenal was there) I'm sure they weren't a few months later.

Coming on to our players, they're currently the laughing stock of English top level football, breaking records left right and centre and with a real risk now of breaking the one everyone talks about in Derby's record. In my opinion as they are generally a young group they'd give Still a chance, but putting in bluntly they have absolutely no right to disrespect whatever manager we bring in with they way they are playing at the moment.
No players have the right to disrespect a manager but it does happen, and that would be my fear with still, that said I think a lot of our players are doing that currently to heckingbottom so maybe it's not such a bad idea after all

Here's the answer.
Sacking Hecky costs £2m compo, new bloke wants £1m salary, that £3m and we still go down.
Plan B. Put the £3m behind the bar. There's 12 home matches left, 20k over 18's home fans.
I work that at 4 pints each, every match, we still ger relegated, but with a softener.
But heckys salary is already budgeted for, so it doesn't cost anything in reality , we aren't paying him more than his contract so if the new guy is on 1m then it's costing us an extra £1m which could be recouped by finishing 1 place higher comfortably , and if we don't expect to finish at least 1 place higher than where we are now then we may as well keep him in place

He was really unpopular amongst the playing staff when he was here last. A bit of a bully, by all accounts.

That was a long time ago of course, but he's still not an option that particularly appeals to me.

But heckys salary is already budgeted for, so it doesn't cost anything in reality , we aren't paying him more than his contract so if the new guy is on 1m then it's costing us an extra £1m which could be recouped by finishing 1 place higher comfortably , and if we don't expect to finish at least 1 place higher than where we are now then we may as well keep him in place
There have been situations in football where a sacked manager has simply remained on the payroll and received their salary as normal so if such an arrangement could be reached an immediate lump sum pay off isn’t necessary. A suitable pay off can then be negotiated further down the line if the manager wanted to take another job.

Agree, but if you invest, you need someone who can use it. I'm not against anyone you suggest, except my Nephew is an avid Saints fan. He reckons Hassenhutl is a busted flush and they blame him for their demise. Great youth policy at the club, but all he wanted to play was massive neanderthals with no skill.
Opinions,opinions my brother in law thought he did good stuff but fell out with the board because he wanted to play younger players and sign overseas players. I have no idea to those sentiments but whenever I saw them, they were a good side. Some managers get this ego thing and throw the toys out.

There have been situations in football where a sacked manager has simply remained on the payroll and received their salary as normal so if such an arrangement could be reached an immediate lump sum pay off isn’t necessary. A suitable pay off can then be negotiated further down the line if the manager wanted to take another job.
Yes Watford did this and then brought the same manager back when they needed a short term fix ,

I honestly can't understand some people thinking we'll sack hecky !
Isn't going to happen.
The Prince simply can't afford to
Due to selling the club .
Get use to it !!

I heard from some loon on a forum called, S2 4SU.com or summat, that Wilder and Knill were already in the building...... hope they've been fed and kept warm, cos they've apparently been there a while??

I heard from some loon on a forum called, S2 4SU.com or summat, that Wilder and Knill were already in the building...... hope they've been fed and kept warm, cos they've apparently been there a while??
It would be ironic if those two took over, given we were in an almost identical position, when they both threw the towel in.

It’d be like an inverted Groundhog Day 🤦🏻

What's the advantage for the manager getting sacked in this arrangement? More tax efficient?

They are in the building but in no official capacity.

I honestly can't understand some people thinking we'll sack hecky !
Isn't going to happen.
The Prince simply can't afford to
Due to selling the club .
Get use to it !!
oh right so how much will it cost to sack him then ?

You do know it wasn't a serious option, right?

Break the bank to get Vincent Hognon. Plying his trade in French ligue 2 at the moment. Really highly thought of apparently.

Here's the answer.
I work that at 4 pints each, every match, we still get relegated, but with a softener.
Problem with that theory is that we would have to start queuing on a Thursday to stand any chance of getting served 4 pints on a Saturday at the rate they serve pints at the Lane.

I want Maurizio Sarri just for his smoking antics. On the cusp of being sacked by Lazio and he said he would like to come back to England.

Back
Top Bottom