Passing, general ball control and dribbling

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hopefully not😂

Risk for them is some of their lads have been good

Barkley, Kaminski, Mengi, morris, ogbene, adebayo - all have proved they can operate in the prem

Suppose benefit of been wank is no one’s coming in for our lot

However, If someone offers £20m for Anel in the summer, like a £100,000 job offer from the brittle bone society, we should snap their fuckin hand off

yes, a few departures etc would have an impact ... but its a bit of a dawn of a new era what with new ground round the corner. And it's stones throw from London which will be draw for recruiting (despite the place being a toilet)

Working on patterns and movement should be a huge thing in training but it hasn’t been for years by the looks. We were even static last season

Agree…. Wilder was famous for this starting from our league 1 days. Those players weren’t great (think there was only Duffy and McGoldrick who had top quality) but we consistently played a very simple pass and move game looking like a team.

Thought yesterday we looked like a good Championship side and deserved a draw, we were hoping for some good luck or the ball to fall for us.

Whereas Wolves looked a poor PL mainly because they couldn’t get out of 2nd gear. However they still clearly had more quality and composure than us.

Makes me wonder that if we scored then they’d have just upped it into 3rd gear and won 2-1.

It's a weird one this, because I wouldn't say any of our midfielders, wingbacks or forwards (i.e. the players expected to build attacks) are particularly bad technically or on the ball individually. It seems to be more of a team issue, where there is a lack of cohesion, movement, ability to find space, confidence etc.

It's widely accepted that we had no real style of play last season either, and that promotion certainly wasn't built on "pass and move" tactics, which would seem to point towards the Heckingbottom regime and how they've been coached for the past couple of years.

It's a weird one this, because I wouldn't say any of our midfielders, wingbacks or forwards (i.e. the players expected to build attacks) are particularly bad technically or on the ball individually. It seems to be more of a team issue, where there is a lack of cohesion, movement, ability to find space, confidence etc.

It's widely accepted that we had no real style of play last season either, and that promotion certainly wasn't built on "pass and move" tactics, which would seem to point towards the Heckingbottom regime and how they've been coached for the past couple of years.
Agreed

Tactics record
21-22 pass it to gibs white
22-23 pass it to ndaiye
23-24 fuuuuck

We don’t have that individual brilliance this season, and Norwood has lost his ping

We now have to ‘have a plan’ and play through the zones which we haven’t been schooled in or are good enough at this level

If we start next season with this squad less Archer, we’ll be a top 2 contender

Deep down no, not at all. They have no composure at all. I lost count of how many times we were in and around their box and someone would either misplace or overpower the most simple pass imaginable and within 15 seconds we’re back in front of our own goal.
Alas seems the major problem so far as I am concerned. Been doing it all season.

Back
Top Bottom