Passing, general ball control and dribbling

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Has there ever been a worse side to grace the premier league in those 3 attributes?

I’ve never seen anything like it.

A ‘better performance’ I keep seeing, but they were absolutely shite and we never truly looked like scoring.

We are genuinely horrible to watch.

You don't think we looked like scoring in the first half?

Don't think there was any disgrace in today's performance. They got the goal, we didn't.

"They were shite" is usually for a reason also. I'd like to think we played a part in keeping them quiet.

You don't think we looked like scoring in the first half?

Don't think there was any disgrace in today's performance. They got the goal, we didn't.

"They were shite" is usually for a reason also. I'd like to think we played a part in keeping them quiet.
Deep down no, not at all. They have no composure at all. I lost count of how many times we were in and around their box and someone would either misplace or overpower the most simple pass imaginable and within 15 seconds we’re back in front of our own goal.

Wolves lucky to finish the game with 11 men on the pitch
We’d have struggled to score if they had 5.

That’s as well as we could’ve played today, it’s just unreal that that’s what it’s come to

Overall we look like a team of individuals. I have no idea of what Bogle and Laurici are trying to do. Hamer Norwood and Vini are not on the same wavelength. The OP is right. This has to be the least cohesive team I have seen. Wolves looked like they were going to cut us open in the first half yet we had good chances that we didn't take.

The more worrying piece for me was the Vini Jack tussle. That shit has to be cut out or we will need a whole new squad next season.

Overall we look like a team of individuals. I have no idea of what Bogle and Laurici are trying to do. Hamer Norwood and Vini are not on the same wavelength. The OP is right. This has to be the least cohesive team I have seen. Wolves looked like they were going to cut us open in the first half yet we had good chances that we didn't take.

The more worrying piece for me was the Vini Jack tussle. That shit has to be cut out or we will need a whole new squad next season.
Few decent solo performances but as a team again was shocking. They were trying to pass to people that weren’t there.

Has there ever been a worse side to grace the premier league in those 3 attributes?

A ‘better performance’ I keep seeing, but they were absolutely shite and we never truly looked like scoring.

Because we sign players that nobody else wants and who aren't really that good and are relatively cheap. But in saying that and as much as I agree we are a shocking in those 3 areas, we wasn't actually that bad today and was the better side over the course of 65/70 mins and didn't deserve to lose, they only had 2 shots on target all match and no real big opportunities either.

Basic and lazy moment let us down, yet again and it seems to be the theme this season. Most of the goals we conceded and games we lost ain't been from the quality as such from the opposition, its been our own negligence and not doing the basics right.

Passing and controlling

All next week they should play one touch football.

Later in the week they should continue but only play with their weaker foot.

Later in the week they should play where one side has 2 extra players so dealing with the press is even more intense.

Do this for one week and Arsenal won't know what's hit 'em.

Give the injured another week off play the same group vs the arse introduce Arblaster against Bournemouth. How long will Wilder stick with his old favorite Norwood, he is done 33 in two months and older than Fleck.

I think the two of them were frustrated good to see the captain rush in then they broke apart. It would have been forgotten quickly it actually picked the team up. They gave it a go in the last few minutes just too little too late subs should have been on earlier.

I think the two of them were frustrated good to see the captain rush in then they broke apart. It would have been forgotten quickly it actually picked the team up. They gave it a go in the last few minutes just too little too late subs should have been on earlier.
Hopefully you are right and it is an isolated incident. The last thing we need on top of everything else that is wrong is fighting amongst ourselves. It would make next seasons work harder again.

I don't know, I forgot about the match until 3:15, when I'd finished doing what I was doing and I suddenly thought, "Hey, I've missed the bloody match.." Genuinely, forgot all about it. 🤣

I only caught the last 30 but it was awful. We would get the ball back after patiently waiting for wolves to make a mistake, then hand it straight back within 1 or 2 passes.

Absolutely clueless with the ball at times.

Our training sessions must be piss easy. must be very calm and safe conditions. They clearly aren’t replicating the in-game pressure or press which is why we are so bad. We are like a rabbit in headlights with the ball.

I only caught the last 30 but it was awful. We would get the ball back after patiently waiting for wolves to make a mistake, then hand it straight back within 1 or 2 passes.

Absolutely clueless with the ball at times.

Our training sessions must be piss easy. must be very calm and safe conditions. They clearly aren’t replicating the in-game pressure or press which is why we are so bad. We are like a rabbit in headlights with the ball.
It’s absolutely shocking. I can’t get over it.

For me, everything is made much more difficult because we don't make space intelligently. Need to move more to make space for a pass, or make a run to draw defenders away to make space for others.
This is it. Movement off the ball is poor, offering the man on the ball options is poor. Teams just close us down and it ends up either with a defender or goalie hoofing it, or them being tackled/making an error. Then when we dont have the ball we dont press as a team, so other teams just pass it around and then out of trouble. Teamwork and team cohesion is an issue for me.

This is it. Movement off the ball is poor, offering the man on the ball options is poor. Teams just close us down and it ends up either with a defender or goalie hoofing it, or them being tackled/making an error. Then when we dont have the ball we dont press as a team, so other teams just pass it around and then out of trouble. Teamwork and team cohesion is an issue for me.
Working on patterns and movement should be a huge thing in training but it hasn’t been for years by the looks. We were even static last season

in-game pressure or press which is why we are so bad. We are like a rabbit in headlights with the ball.
rabbit in headlights agreed

our lads don’t have speed of thought and technique to do what even the average EPL side does. when you watch Man C it looks easy, but Burnley spent £100m to try to do it and are worse off than us (if you think we’ve spent half as much to be equally shit.)

The old adage you can’t polish a turd is apt for our training sessions

Back
Top Bottom