Oliver Norwood Post Match Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The contributions of itsinyerblood, Nick Jansky and Champagneblade have collectively nailed it as far as ownership and the Prince are concerned!

The only part I find disagreement on is fan based directorship. Too many of our supporters expect instant changes, according to their personal wish lists. Most are simply knee jerk reactions to the most recent poor result/ performance or loss. That kind of contribution is best kept to the match thread, or the shoutbox.

There are some decent comments and thoughts, but these, much like my own, are just opinions. I agree that a carefully selected group of supporters should have a say, but also a final arbiter, the likes of Derek Dooley, to keep a good sense of proportion and football based knowledge about it.

Other than that, the Prince needs to heed the council of those who have been successful at managing a team, and running a successful football business. Listening to his own board of yes men with limited football knowledge is not the way to go.

On a side note, when I pointed out Billy Sharp’s missing leadership, and asked why we didn’t go for a greater possession based approach, I was ignored or told to STFU. See what I mean about opinions?
Everyone’s got one. 😊
You're right Charlie, in the wrong hands opinions can be poisonous so best to ignore them.

Firstly, thanks for the mention, although my ego doesn't require bolstering (smile).

Secondly, I mentioned the idea of supporter(s) being on the Board. They'd be a minority without much sway or influence, but what it would do is to allow for the type of transparency we've been denied so far. Only time would tell if it's a good idea, but given our parlous state and PA's choice of allowing our manager to take all the responsibility for what's wrong with this club, I think we could do with the type of positive innovation so lacking in our boardroom. It's time the Prince showed some backbone and acted like a mature adult, treating this club's supporters as an essential part of this club rather than ignoring their concerns.

Other than that, good post mate.

Back
Top Bottom