Oliver Norwood Post Match Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One thing I will say after watching that is give the armband to Baldock. Your captain is supposed to be your leader both on and off the pitch, the person you go to for answers, someone the manager can lean on and rely on to rally the troops, inspire them, lead by example. Would you play for Norwood while he's like this? I wouldn't. But I know that Baldock would kick my arse on the pitch and off it and wouldn't be sat licking his wounds at full time. That's the leader who I would follow, not Norwood.

Even if we got a new manager, we would still have the same players. So why not sack players for poor performances?! Ain't gonna happen is it? Manager is just an easy scapegoat because it is one person.

A change of manager could make things worse in the long run. Especially next season. Surely fellow Blades fans knew the possibility this could happen this season. There are posts on here from pre-season with opinions that we simply aren't strong enough to compete, turns out it was true.

Things have got tough and people want a reaction. It's pathetic really in my opinion.

You want to know why every owner sacks their manager when players aren’t performing.
The reason is because it’s economically the most effective way to improve the team performances and sometimes even improves results.

For example Warnock joins several clubs like Rotherham and Huddersfield with crap players struggling low on confidence heading for relegation.
Warnock goes in, takes the pressure off convincing the players to thrive and enjoy being the underdog, he organises them so they are difficult to beat
but always has a game plan and genuine belief his teams can win any game, even if they were playing away to Real Madrid.
The change in manager made a huge difference as both clubs with poor players start winning and stay up.

Another example is Birmingham sacked their manager whilst doing well, swapped for Rooney and now they’ve lost 3 on the spin.
The change in manager has again effected the team. Same players but now a worse team.

Basically a manager has the biggest effect on any team, more than buying a player.
A manager can affect and control playing style, pre game tactics, in game tactics and substitutions, also can affect attitude, desire and confidence.
So of course the manager will be the scapegoat but it’s been like this for decades, they know the score
but don’t feel too sorry for Hecky or any manager because they receive a lucrative pay-off, basically paid whilst sat at home doing nothing.

Depends what you mean by compete. Of course everyone expected plenty of defeats and likely relegation.
Maybe you don’t go to matches but the results has been one of the few positives, most are semi respectable.
It’s the performances that have been appalling. We appear to have accepted defeat before the ball has been kicked.
We set up to try and keep the score down. We hardly even venture into the opposition half and look like a league 1 or league 2 side playing in the PL.
Really dissapointed me that some of our fans have raised the white flag in October, no fight and no ambition.
If our fans lack ambition and don’t want to be in the PL then why would any owner with ambition buy us?

Agree things have got tough but this is so different from the Bassett, Warnock and Wilder relegation seasons. The Bassett team competed, battled well but lacked quality, Warnocks relegation team were good at home, we fancied our chances even against the big 6 but we were crap away, Wilders team competed well, most games were evenly contested we but just couldn’t score. However this season we look so out of our depth it’s quite unbelievable.
Wake up and smell the coffee, we could easily become one of the worse top flight teams ever…find it incredible that some Blades think it’s alright.

He looks broken, crestfallen, despondent. No hope if that's the captain speaking

Always liked Norwood, he’s a gent, speaks so well and a credit to himself.
Think he’s now in his final year and may not receive a contract extension.
This could well be his final season playing in large stadia in front of big crowds.
So of course he’ll be devastated…it’s a sad ending to a fabulous career at Sheff Utd with so many fantastic memories.

Next season he might be playing for someone like Notts County in league 1
battling it out with Barry Bannan to be the most influential midfielder in that division.

Tek em all to Scarborough mek em run in cold sea and get some fish n chips dahn em.
Great idea best yet.
I was going to say, might as well they've tried everything else, but have they, I'd like to bet they haven't, SHAME on them.
Proper fucked this SUFC.

Before this season began it was clear that most supporters thought we'd struggle to remain in this division. The fact that the level of investment on recruitment was, by Prem standards, negligible, including investing in a forward unproven at this level in the hope that he would deliver the goals necessary to keep our head above water, and before anyone chips in, the lack of investment also included not strengthening our midfield with a more creative player or players, so little surprise that we seem incapable of scoring at this level, and that doesn't even begin to address our defensive fragility.

The Prince has played a doozy, on a wish and a prayer he's imagined that what was acceptable in the championship would somehow be enough at this level, and all designed to bolster his misguided valuation of SUFC. That valuation was, at best, the opinion of someone looking to line his pockets with easy money, at worst it was naive and the machination of a man whose inability to grasp the realities of what it takes to remain a Prem club were so completely out of touch with what was necessary to survive at this level. What it all boils down to is to throw a spotlight, and not for the first time, on PA's motives for owning this club. It's accepted that he is unable to finance squad recruitment, but it does underline that his motive is to use this club to feather his own nest, and quite simply that reflects poorly on a man whose affinity for this club extends to one thing only, what's good for the Prince, not for SUFC.

Whatever PA feels is a 'realistic' valuation of this club will have sunk through the floor based on our impending relegation. Loans appear to be PA's only solution to strengthening our team, and the longer we attempt to engage with teams who are clearly better than we are, the harder it will become to attract the type of players needed to improve us. We're in a sorry state, new ownership, by which I don't mean replacing one individual without the necessary resources with another equally adrift at this level, is the only solution. It it little wonder that the only parties interested in taking control of this club were unable to provide evidence of their ability to be worthy owners. If that isn't evidence that PA's desperation to sell has attracted the worst type of predator, who may have offered even less than our current owner, then I don't know what was?!?

There's no easy answer to what ails us. Currently we seem incapable of attracting a benefactor wo is resourced and able to improve this club at all levels. If it were to happen I think we'd all be ecstatic, but at the moment that wish seems fanciful, and all the while, to use an apt comparison, our owner fiddles while neglecting the root and branch issues that are pervasive throughout this club. The sooner PA departs I think there'll be a collective sigh of relief. Let's hope that what replaces this man is an improvement on the current regime.

The sooner PA departs I think there'll be a collective sigh of relief. Let's hope that what replaces this man is an improvement on the current regime.
I think you are right.

But here is where it gets tricky. The improvement isn’t just a case of money. We only have to look at Moshiri at Everton and, indeed, Chansiri’s early years across the city to see that. If we attract a wealthy buyer who sees us as nothing more than a vanity project will we actually be better off?

There is a finite number of extremely wealthy individuals with the desire to write off the sums of money that are needed to buy and maintain a football club at PL level. And of those with that sort of money, not all of them would necessarily be good news.

There are those on here who seem to think that any owner who isn’t the Prince would be an improvement. They are, obviously, wrong. That view doesn’t stand up to any sort of scrutiny. What if the club was sold to someone who’s wealth isn’t enough for us to be anything more than a yo yo club? What if it was sold to an asset stripper? What if it was sold to someone with no real interest in or understanding of sport at all? What if it was bought by someone who turns out to be completely insane?

Eventually the club will change hands again because it always does. That doesn’t mean that the next owners will necessarily be an improvement. All we can do is hope that they are.

We need a 'Vinnie Jones' -esque type signing in January. Maybe Hecky should play them the video from those Prem/1st division seasons where we found the fire in our belly to compete after poor starts...

I think you are right.

But here is where it gets tricky. The improvement isn’t just a case of money. We only have to look at Moshiri at Everton and, indeed, Chansiri’s early years across the city to see that. If we attract a wealthy buyer who sees us as nothing more than a vanity project will we actually be better off?

There is a finite number of extremely wealthy individuals with the desire to write off the sums of money that are needed to buy and maintain a football club at PL level. And of those with that sort of money, not all of them would necessarily be good news.

There are those on here who seem to think that any owner who isn’t the Prince would be an improvement. They are, obviously, wrong. That view doesn’t stand up to any sort of scrutiny. What if the club was sold to someone who’s wealth isn’t enough for us to be anything more than a yo yo club? What if it was sold to an asset stripper? What if it was sold to someone with no real interest in or understanding of sport at all? What if it was bought by someone who turns out to be completely insane?

Eventually the club will change hands again because it always does. That doesn’t mean that the next owners will necessarily be an improvement. All we can do is hope that they are.
Nick, I touched upon this at least twice in my post, basically a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

As bad as things are currently, and we do seem to be deep in excrement, any new owner would, ideally, need to not only have the requisite resources to improve the club - improved training facilities comes to mind as well as signing better players (which also addresses the question of improved wages, for without this how are we to be expected to attract the type of of player we can only dream of?).
All of this means money, money, MONEY!!! But money alone isn't the easy fix that some people imagine. What's required is a holistic approach from top to bottom, a thorough analysis of everything from training, fitness, recruitment, scouting network, analytics etc, and as important as any other aspect, the type of sustainability that will enable the club to flourish in ways that until now we've not been used to......feast or famine comes to mind, but I'll leave it to you to filter my views in whatever ways you feel is appropriate.

Your point about the type of buyer we would attract is fundamental, but given that our current owner seems focused on his needs rather than what might be best for the club, this will remain a concern, at least until it's obvious that these worries have been laid to rest. Also, I would add to your list of seemingly unfit owners, the Glazers at Man Utd, who've combined investing in the club whilst lining their own pockets with millions of pounds.

All of which underlines the nature of club ownership, Supporters are the life-blood of any club, but they are also powerless when a club is owned by one person. Whilst I understand your point about hoping for an improved version of our current owner, I don't have much faith in hope as a panacea for what ails this club. What would be interesting is if a board, any board, introduced the idea of supporter involvement on the board of directors. Am I being fanciful? Would having supporter representation on a board make one jot of difference? We'll never know until it happens, and it also raises the question about the remaining board members at SUFC. Is there a single one of them who questions the Prince? I mean rigorous, robust critiquing of the direction this club is headed. Perhaps it's basically a box ticking exercise for those remaining directors - looks good on a cv, perhaps being a director has far reaching business benefits and so on and so on.

Being a supporter of SUFC it's an inevitable consequence that cynicism is a given. After the momentary high of securing promotion last term, what followed is the reality of what it means to have achieved promotion. To say it's tough is an understatement, we're in a world where a fundamentally Championship side are expected to compete on an uneven playing field. Yes, money would certainly help, but so will the caliber of the individual who takes hold of the reins of this club. If the person concerned has unwelcome agendas then all the money in the world won't prevent us from following the same historical patterns we're familiar with.........or perhaps we'll get lucky and finally find a benefactor who'll be worthy of the title of club owner, which, to echo your previous prayer, is to hope that things will finally change for the better.

Before this season began it was clear that most supporters thought we'd struggle to remain in this division. The fact that the level of investment on recruitment was, by Prem standards, negligible, including investing in a forward unproven at this level in the hope that he would deliver the goals necessary to keep our head above water, and before anyone chips in, the lack of investment also included not strengthening our midfield with a more creative player or players, so little surprise that we seem incapable of scoring at this level, and that doesn't even begin to address our defensive fragility.

The Prince has played a doozy, on a wish and a prayer he's imagined that what was acceptable in the championship would somehow be enough at this level, and all designed to bolster his misguided valuation of SUFC. That valuation was, at best, the opinion of someone looking to line his pockets with easy money, at worst it was naive and the machination of a man whose inability to grasp the realities of what it takes to remain a Prem club were so completely out of touch with what was necessary to survive at this level. What it all boils down to is to throw a spotlight, and not for the first time, on PA's motives for owning this club. It's accepted that he is unable to finance squad recruitment, but it does underline that his motive is to use this club to feather his own nest, and quite simply that reflects poorly on a man whose affinity for this club extends to one thing only, what's good for the Prince, not for SUFC.

Whatever PA feels is a 'realistic' valuation of this club will have sunk through the floor based on our impending relegation. Loans appear to be PA's only solution to strengthening our team, and the longer we attempt to engage with teams who are clearly better than we are, the harder it will become to attract the type of players needed to improve us. We're in a sorry state, new ownership, by which I don't mean replacing one individual without the necessary resources with another equally adrift at this level, is the only solution. It it little wonder that the only parties interested in taking control of this club were unable to provide evidence of their ability to be worthy owners. If that isn't evidence that PA's desperation to sell has attracted the worst type of predator, who may have offered even less than our current owner, then I don't know what was?!?

There's no easy answer to what ails us. Currently we seem incapable of attracting a benefactor wo is resourced and able to improve this club at all levels. If it were to happen I think we'd all be ecstatic, but at the moment that wish seems fanciful, and all the while, to use an apt comparison, our owner fiddles while neglecting the root and branch issues that are pervasive throughout this club. The sooner PA departs I think there'll be a collective sigh of relief. Let's hope that what replaces this man is an improvement on the current regime.
Nice post.

I think where he’s also undersold himself is thinking that the price for a Premiership team should jump a fair bit from that of a Championship club.

Reason I say this is, apart from the slight income uptick for this year, there is very little that is Premiership about us any more than last year.

The ground will be no better. Aside from a desso, which reduced last years budget, the training facility is still in limbo. As is the desire to move to Academy A.

So whatever sufficed for the Championship is the same for the Premiership.

The onfield assets arguably are the same if not worse than last season as we don’t have a generational talent like Ndiaye to call on.

Given we are doomed already, looking for anything more than what he was when Dozy came knocking is foolhardy.

The only way this gets turned around is a few results and then a massive uptick in investment in January and as that isn’t going to come from the Prince, then he needs to be acknowledging that the club is what it is - a Championship club with year one parachute payments.

All talk of 100m+ is fantasy stuff.

If he’s invested 70m allegedly according to Darren then getting his money back and no more represents a good return.

He can point to 3 seasons of PL football, one promotion and one play off penalty failure and be pleased on the surface.

But we all know it’s been a massive struggle.

We spent nothing in January 2021.

We spent nothing in the summer of 2021.

We spent next to nothing in January 2022, bringing, only nominal on Adam Davies.

We made one cash signing for 3-4m to get Anel in summer 2022.

We spent nothing in January 2023 as we were under embargo.

We probably exchanged conservatively Berge and Ndiaye for Hamer, Souza and Trusty, then spending maybe 8m on Traore, Slimane, Davies and Larouci signing and loan fees plus potentially 18m on Archer, but with a similar amount back. So only really a net of 10m post relegation all-in and this is less than Norwich who were roundly criticised for not having a go.

Nice post.

I think where he’s also undersold himself is thinking that the price for a Premiership team should jump a fair bit from that of a Championship club.

Reason I say this is, apart from the slight income uptick for this year, there is very little that is Premiership about us any more than last year.

The ground will be no better. Aside from a desso, which reduced last years budget, the training facility is still in limbo. As is the desire to move to Academy A.

So whatever sufficed for the Championship is the same for the Premiership.

The onfield assets arguably are the same if not worse than last season as we don’t have a generational talent like Ndiaye to call on.

Given we are doomed already, looking for anything more than what he was when Dozy came knocking is foolhardy.

The only way this gets turned around is a few results and then a massive uptick in investment in January and as that isn’t going to come from the Prince, then he needs to be acknowledging that the club is what it is - a Championship club with year one parachute payments.

All talk of 100m+ is fantasy stuff.

If he’s invested 70m allegedly according to Darren then getting his money back and no more represents a good return.

He can point to 3 seasons of PL football, one promotion and one play off penalty failure and be pleased on the surface.

But we all know it’s been a massive struggle.

We spent nothing in January 2021.

We spent nothing in the summer of 2021.

We spent next to nothing in January 2022, bringing, only nominal on Adam Davies.

We made one cash signing for 3-4m to get Anel in summer 2022.

We spent nothing in January 2023 as we were under embargo.

We probably exchanged conservatively Berge and Ndiaye for Hamer, Souza and Trusty, then spending maybe 8m on Traore, Slimane, Davies and Larouci signing and loan fees plus potentially 18m on Archer, but with a similar amount back. So only really a net of 10m post relegation all-in and this is less than Norwich who were roundly criticised for not having a go.
Too fucking true!

Nick, I touched upon this at least twice in my post, basically a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

As bad as things are currently, and we do seem to be deep in excrement, any new owner would, ideally, need to not only have the requisite resources to improve the club - improved training facilities comes to mind as well as signing better players (which also addresses the question of improved wages, for without this how are we to be expected to attract the type of of player we can only dream of?).
All of this means money, money, MONEY!!! But money alone isn't the easy fix that some people imagine. What's required is a holistic approach from top to bottom, a thorough analysis of everything from training, fitness, recruitment, scouting network, analytics etc, and as important as any other aspect, the type of sustainability that will enable the club to flourish in ways that until now we've not been used to......feast or famine comes to mind, but I'll leave it to you to filter my views in whatever ways you feel is appropriate.

Your point about the type of buyer we would attract is fundamental, but given that our current owner seems focused on his needs rather than what might be best for the club, this will remain a concern, at least until it's obvious that these worries have been laid to rest. Also, I would add to your list of seemingly unfit owners, the Glazers at Man Utd, who've combined investing in the club whilst lining their own pockets with millions of pounds.

All of which underlines the nature of club ownership, Supporters are the life-blood of any club, but they are also powerless when a club is owned by one person. Whilst I understand your point about hoping for an improved version of our current owner, I don't have much faith in hope as a panacea for what ails this club. What would be interesting is if a board, any board, introduced the idea of supporter involvement on the board of directors. Am I being fanciful? Would having supporter representation on a board make one jot of difference? We'll never know until it happens, and it also raises the question about the remaining board members at SUFC. Is there a single one of them who questions the Prince? I mean rigorous, robust critiquing of the direction this club is headed. Perhaps it's basically a box ticking exercise for those remaining directors - looks good on a cv, perhaps being a director has far reaching business benefits and so on and so on.

Being a supporter of SUFC it's an inevitable consequence that cynicism is a given. After the momentary high of securing promotion last term, what followed is the reality of what it means to have achieved promotion. To say it's tough is an understatement, we're in a world where a fundamentally Championship side are expected to compete on an uneven playing field. Yes, money would certainly help, but so will the caliber of the individual who takes hold of the reins of this club. If the person concerned has unwelcome agendas then all the money in the world won't prevent us from following the same historical patterns we're familiar with.........or perhaps we'll get lucky and finally find a benefactor who'll be worthy of the title of club owner, which, to echo your previous prayer, is to hope that things will finally change for the better.
Firstly, thanks for the most sensible contributions I have seen on what comes after the Prince anywhere on this forum. You hit a lot of nails very firmly on the head. And yes, there are many examples of owners who are far worse than the Prince.

Most posters who want the Prince to sell don’t appear to have given any thought to who or what the next owner should be other than “munneh”. Very shortsighted. As we have both alluded to the next owner could be better, worse or pretty much the same. The amount of money they have won’t necessarily determine that.

I don’t think protests will work for the reasons I have given. If folks want to get angry in the car park that’s up to them, but I don’t think it will achieve anything.

But let’s suppose it did. Let’s suppose that an angry mob does persuade the Prince to slash his asking price (whatever it currently is) and flogs the club to the very first person who can meet it & satisfy the Fit & Proper tests. What if they then did a Glazers & saddled the club with debts that would hang around the club’s necks for generations. Would that not matter because “the Prince is gone”? What if the first decision was to flog the Lane & move to a soulless bowl off the parkway? These are unknowables, but not things we can affect.

If there is a time for protests it is when a known potential owner is on the scene with a story that the fans can rally around. I’d certainly see the point & be up for it then. Anything other than that, in my opinion, is a bit stupid.

Firstly, thanks for the most sensible contributions I have seen on what comes after the Prince anywhere on this forum. You hit a lot of nails very firmly on the head. And yes, there are many examples of owners who are far worse than the Prince.

Most posters who want the Prince to sell don’t appear to have given any thought to who or what the next owner should be other than “munneh”. Very shortsighted. As we have both alluded to the next owner could be better, worse or pretty much the same. The amount of money they have won’t necessarily determine that.

I don’t think protests will work for the reasons I have given. If folks want to get angry in the car park that’s up to them, but I don’t think it will achieve anything.

But let’s suppose it did. Let’s suppose that an angry mob does persuade the Prince to slash his asking price (whatever it currently is) and flogs the club to the very first person who can meet it & satisfy the Fit & Proper tests. What if they then did a Glazers & saddled the club with debts that would hang around the club’s necks for generations. Would that not matter because “the Prince is gone”? What if the first decision was to flog the Lane & move to a soulless bowl off the parkway? These are unknowables, but not things we can affect.

If there is a time for protests it is when a known potential owner is on the scene with a story that the fans can rally around. I’d certainly see the point & be up for it then. Anything other than that, in my opinion, is a bit stupid.
No argument from me Nick, and your point about being lumbered with debt should scare the pants off any supporter. That's a nightmare scenario that would potentially cripple this club, but we're singing from the same concerned page, and until a sale seems likely we're stranded with the skintest Saudi owner on the face of the planet......what could follow could make our current predicament seem mild in comparison, but when all's said and done, we're mere supporters after all and we're no more important in what happens to this club than any other set of supporters. It almost makes you long for the 'glory' days of McCabe.

Interesting points re. being a good owner being more than just 'munneh'
I would say that a good owner invests in the 'club infrastructure' as well as 'the playing squad'.
I would say good owners have been:
  • Man City: new stadium from the council and incredible facilities across all parts of the club incl womens, youth, massive staff etc
  • Brighton: increased stadium capacity due in large part to council/training ground etc
  • Leicester: new training complex
  • Brentford: new stadium, due in large part to council, massive headcount in scouting and analysis
  • Spurs: new stadium due in large part to courtesy of the council, new training ground on way
  • Arsenal: new stadium
  • Liverpool: new stands/capacity increases
  • Luton; new stadium coming; modest investment in players but well targeted.
  • West Ham - got a new free stadium courtesy of the taxpayer
  • Fulham - new stands and massive investment in playing staff
Mediocre
-Man Utd, loads of playing staff investment but stadium and training ground not being maintained or improved.
  • Wolves - weird portuguese agent led ownership regime purely seems to be gaming transfers
  • Everton - getting new stadium courtesy of the council but is it too late. Massive investment in playing staff may cause FFP
  • Bournemouth - huge investment in playing staff, stadium still the same though
  • Burnley - previous regime invested in training ground, current owners just investing in playing squad.

So other than funding 2 new desso pitches and upgrading BL to sky sports floodlight standards I would say that our owner has not invested anywhere near enough in the club infrastructure fixed or staff assets.

He has also clearly not invested anywhere near enough on the playing squad.

Until we move to a Council area that doesnt have a Premier League football club and also get a wealthy owner then we are going to be struggling. We are going to be overtaken by rich yet tin pot southern clubs like Luton, Brentford, Bournemouth and Brighton.

On the plus side I would say we have a productive youth set up and some deeply committed members of staff. We need to build on those things which is why I would be moving Hecky upstairs and not losing from the organisation.

New stadiums in part covered by the Council. Can you imagine that lot in the town hall doing anything to help Us Blades..................thought not! As ever UTB

New stadiums in part covered by the Council. Can you imagine that lot in the town hall doing anything to help Us Blades..................thought not! As ever UTB
I know considering how we have to fight them just to stop them from shutting the kop when you have other councils giving land and building new stadiums for 'their' clubs as they see the civic pride and economic benefit. Bonkers. SCC really are twats even for a 2 club city council. A more proactive council would have built a 50k capacity stadium for both clubs to use a la Milan, then took on the old stadiums and then built houses on them. SCC ❤️'s shutting and demolishing sports stadiums...

Then afterwards cocoa and an early night. Job done!
If they’re good boys and eat all their chips , they can have an hour in the slots 🎰…. Then cocoa , then a story , then lights out (ok then , leave the bedroom door open a bit

We can start by making baldock captain, putting Brooks, Osborn or One in midfield instead of him, he's been good as other have mentioned ,but he's a passenger now, at least he didn't wave his arms about in the interview, does my f.....g head in!

Last edited:
I think we are missing Billy in the dressing room, do we think that performance would happen if he was here. I know his age is against him but his leadership of the team could have made a difference
Agreed and he'd also be getting a game uo front if he was still here. We don't have one player that can hold it up when McBurnie isn't around and Billy would have been playing as his replacement.

Ironic that Hecky chose to give Fleck a new contract and not Billy.

Agreed and he'd also be getting a game uo front if he was still here. We don't have one player that can hold it up when McBurnie isn't around and Billy would have been playing as his replacement.

Ironic that Hecky chose to give Fleck a new contract and not Billy.
Heckingbottom has started publicly that he wanted to keep Billy and Enda but the powers that be wouldn't allow him to.

I know considering how we have to fight them just to stop them from shutting the kop when you have other councils giving land and building new stadiums for 'their' clubs as they see the civic pride and economic benefit. Bonkers. SCC really are twats even for a 2 club city council. A more proactive council would have built a 50k capacity stadium for both clubs to use a la Milan, then took on the old stadiums and then built houses on them. SCC ❤️'s shutting and demolishing sports stadiums...

You would never know Sheffield was the birthplace of the modern game. I think the SCC see all of Sheffield's clubs as an inconvenience that the city could do without.

Heckingbottom has started publicly that he wanted to keep Billy and Enda but the powers that be wouldn't allow him to.
Maidenhead, I remember that but did they say you can't keep them all so you have to choose. I can understand the board putting a limit on how many over 30s we could keep but surely it wasn't their job to say exactly which ones he could keep?

Why would the board sanction resigning Fleck over Sharp? My guess is they didn't and it was up to Hecky to choose.

The contributions of itsinyerblood, Nick Jansky and Champagneblade have collectively nailed it as far as ownership and the Prince are concerned!

The only part I find disagreement on is fan based directorship. Too many of our supporters expect instant changes, according to their personal wish lists. Most are simply knee jerk reactions to the most recent poor result/ performance or loss. That kind of contribution is best kept to the match thread, or the shoutbox.

There are some decent comments and thoughts, but these, much like my own, are just opinions. I agree that a carefully selected group of supporters should have a say, but also a final arbiter, the likes of Derek Dooley, to keep a good sense of proportion and football based knowledge about it.

Other than that, the Prince needs to heed the council of those who have been successful at managing a team, and running a successful football business. Listening to his own board of yes men with limited football knowledge is not the way to go.

On a side note, when I pointed out Billy Sharp’s missing leadership, and asked why we didn’t go for a greater possession based approach, I was ignored or told to STFU. See what I mean about opinions?
Everyone’s got one. 😊

Back
Top Bottom