Oliver Norwood Post Match Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ekke287

Arrives precisely when he means to.
Reaction score

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

Good interview I think, but the key takeaway is there’s a collective sense of not trying hard enough. I know there’s always that media training bias to protect the hierarchy etc but it’s a good one to watch.

He goes on to state that PH and team are working hard but the players aren’t performing to the levels needed. Is there then a sense that there is a plan but the players are either not good enough to do it, or it’s not translating to the pitch.

Like he says, PH and team aren’t out on the pitch physically playing the game, he can only manage them, even if they’re not doing it.

I dunno, I guess I’m looking for something following yesterday and maybe it’s a reach.

It's the kind of post match I'd like to see from Hecky once in a while.

It was a good interview from Oli, what I want to hear RE competing, and finally hear somebody from the club acknowledge it's not good enough. I'm just not sure it runs through the team.

We need a statement from the owner and quickly. He came out last time and announced that Wilder would stay even if we went down. To let Hecky continue like this is poor management. Either sack him or back him. But a statement needs to come soon as the atmosphere on Saturday is going to be hostile and toxic if/when Wolves beat us, especially if we put in another pathetic, lifeless, disorganised, shambolic limp performance at home.

are either not good enough to do it,
I know there’s a lot of criticism of the players and in particular Hecky, but I just don’t think we have a player up to the required level, by some margin.

McBurnie seems to be the only player who positively affects the team.

Possibly the recruitment is to blame, maybe the conditioning team as well but we seem to have signed players who are not up to the athleticism needed for this division.

We didn’t have the resources for a complete overhaul and so the hope is that some of the existing players manage the step up, that hasn’t happened.

The players look like they are completely overwhelmed by the skill and athleticism of the opponents.

I actually feel sorry for them, rather than angry

I know there’s a lot of criticism of the players and in particular Hecky, but I just don’t think we have a player up to the required level, by some margin.

McBurnie seems to be the only player who positively affects the team.

Possibly the recruitment is to blame, maybe the conditioning team as well but we seem to have signed players who are not up to the athleticism needed for this division.

We didn’t have the resources for a complete overhaul and so the hope is that some of the existing players manage the step up, that hasn’t happened.

The players look like they are completely overwhelmed by the skill and athleticism of the opponents.

I actually feel sorry for them, rather than angry
Yeah agreed, I'm not angry, just gutted for all of them.

I do feel that the team is at its lowest and it's up to the manager to get them at least playing with a bit of fire in their bellies.

And that's not Hecky, not because I don't like him or am angry with him. I just think he's had a very bad hand and not been able to do anything with it. Someone else will at least bring a new perspective

We need a statement from the owner and quickly. He came out last time and announced that Wilder would stay even if we went down. To let Hecky continue like this is poor management. Either sack him or back him. But a statement needs to come soon as the atmosphere on Saturday is going to be hostile and toxic if/when Wolves beat us, especially if we put in another pathetic, lifeless, disorganised, shambolic limp performance at home.
abdullah hasnt backed the manager for whatever reason thats why the club is in the position its in

Whenever I hear ON speak all I can think about is Karl Pilkington (Ricky Gervais Show, Idiot abroad etc). Sounds very like him.

Looks and sounds gutted, as you would imagine. It would be nice to hear a player say something specifically about their own performance: “I’ve got to improve MY quality, MY effort”.

Sick of the crusade to sack Hecky now.
As Oli said, it's the players playing the game, not the manager or staff. All the blame cannot be placed on management.

Even if we got a new manager, we would still have the same players. So why not sack players for poor performances?! Ain't gonna happen is it? Manager is just an easy scapegoat because it is one person.

A change of manager could make things worse in the long run. Especially next season. Surely fellow Blades fans knew the possibility this could happen this season. There are posts on here from pre-season with opinions that we simply aren't strong enough to compete, turns out it was true.

Things have got tough and people want a reaction. It's pathetic really in my opinion.

The interview is a hard watch. Basically a man who is pretty much saying we are not good enough. We are doing our best but the other teams are better.

What do the players say in the dressing room? It's not as if that they can click a switch and be better. I get maybe we need to press/harry more but we do that for 20 mins - concede and then they know we won't get back in it.

Ultimately we are losing every week as the players are miles off their opponents. They know it. We know it. We might change the manager and see a bit of a surge but it's not going to change things (not saying we should 100% not change the manager) in the mid or long term.

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

Good interview I think, but the key takeaway is there’s a collective sense of not trying hard enough. I know there’s always that media training bias to protect the hierarchy etc but it’s a good one to watch.

He goes on to state that PH and team are working hard but the players aren’t performing to the levels needed. Is there then a sense that there is a plan but the players are either not good enough to do it, or it’s not translating to the pitch.

Like he says, PH and team aren’t out on the pitch physically playing the game, he can only manage them, even if they’re not doing it.

I dunno, I guess I’m looking for something following yesterday and maybe it’s a reach.

That's a sign some players in the dressing room have lost faith in Hecky to me. I'd lose faith if his methods and oversight are resulting in either myself or my teammates constantly picking up injuries.

He was the epitome of our performance yesterday
Refused to take responsibility on the pitch ,always looking for a safe pass and constantly behind play
He can say what he wants in interviews he is 3 years older than the last time he wasnt good enough at this level and should be put out of his misery

I think we are missing Billy in the dressing room, do we think that performance would happen if he was here. I know his age is against him but his leadership of the team could have made a difference

He was the epitome of our performance yesterday
Refused to take responsibility on the pitch ,always looking for a safe pass and constantly behind play
He can say what he wants in interviews he is 3 years older than the last time he wasnt good enough at this level and should be put out of his misery
And the penalty, ridiculous challenge by a player not up to the physical challenges of the premier league

And the penalty, ridiculous challenge by a player not up to the physical challenges of the premier league
He was abysmal
If hecky is sacked then playing norwood in that central midfield quarter back role is a big part of it
Why not play hamer and souza there in the role they have always actually played
Not weaken three positions by crow barring in a player who is clearly not up to it

Back
Top Bottom