"Not good enough future planning"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Utter bollocks, Wilder left us with a team that was generally too old for premiership football.
Since Heckingbottom came in we have seen more youngsters play for us than we did in the previous 10 years.
You obviously aren't a Hecky fan, but going forward we are in a much better position than we were under Wilder.
Illiman was never going to stay no matter what we offered him.
Just one other thought it is possible that we haven't offered some players new contracts because Hecky doesn't think those players are the future of the club.
I may be wrong, but I bet most fans are pleased with swopping Berge for Hamer.
Wait until the end of the transfer window and then decide where we are.
What a load of complete rubbish are you trying to rewrite history? The plan all along from Wilder was to sign young hungry players we could potential sell on for a profit if things went south. How old do you think Berge, Lowe, Bogle, McBurnie, Mousset, Brewster, Robson were when we signed them? Ageing squad my arse, most of that ageing squad just got us promoted again.
Every time this club spends over 3m it’s a gamble because you can’t cover for players that don’t work out by spending more money. It wasn’t just Wilders plan by the way it was an agreed plan with the transfer committee and the owner. It worked in the first season and could be argued by us finishing 9th those players paid for themselves.

What a load of complete rubbish are you trying to rewrite history? The plan all along from Wilder was to sign young hungry players we could potential sell on for a profit if things went south. How old do you think Berge, Lowe, Bogle, McBurnie, Mousset, Brewster, Robson were when we signed them? Ageing squad my arse, most of that ageing squad just got us promoted again.
Every time this club spends over 3m it’s a gamble because you can’t cover for players that don’t work out by spending more money. It wasn’t just Wilders plan by the way it was an agreed plan with the transfer committee and the owner. It worked in the first season and could be argued by us finishing 9th those players paid for themselves.
Not trying to rewrite history at all, Wilder may have signed them but not one of those players have we sold nor ever will sell for a profit.
Players like Ndiaye, who was on the bench for a couple of games, never got a chance under Wilder. Lowe hardly ever played, Bogle, Brewster and Mcburnie were in and out of the side as he kept going back to established players like Billy and Mcgoldrick.
The evidence is there, Ndiaye, Doyle, McAtee, Anel, NRD, Bogle, Jebbison and Osula have all been given opportunities that I don't think they would have got under Wilder.
Wilder left us over 2 years ago, he's not coming back, We are in a better place now under Heckingbottom than when Wilder left.
Move on.

Not trying to rewrite history at all, Wilder may have signed them but not one of those players have we sold nor ever will sell for a profit.
Players like Ndiaye, who was on the bench for a couple of games, never got a chance under Wilder. Lowe hardly ever played, Bogle, Brewster and Mcburnie were in and out of the side as he kept going back to established players like Billy and Mcgoldrick.
The evidence is there, Ndiaye, Doyle, McAtee, Anel, NRD, Bogle, Jebbison and Osula have all been given opportunities that I don't think they would have got under Wilder.
Wilder left us over 2 years ago, he's not coming back, We are in a better place now under Heckingbottom than when Wilder left.
Move on.
Moved on pal but again don’t rewrite history! We are in a better place because of what Wilder did don’t ever forget that pal.

Moved on pal but again don’t rewrite history! We are in a better place because of what Wilder did don’t ever forget that pal.
But we could have been in a much worse position has he stayed. His initial impact was incredible and I'm grateful for it, but his final season and reluctance to bring young players through or change tactics had a negative impact later on in his reign, if it had been allowed to continue, we'd probably be slogging it out in championship relegation battle.

We can be grateful for what he did and not credit him for all of our achievements since, other than the fact he got us back up, he had no impact on last season's promotion or the success of the academy products and young players we've got coming through the ranks

Totally agree with what you say, perhaps my main gripe is with people that want to keep referring back to the Wilder days.
We waited a long time for the success that he brought to the Lane, and the football was a joy to watch. It was a pity that it ended in the way it did.
But we have moved on, and our current manager, who got us promoted, deserves our full support. He does give more of our youngsters the chance to shine.

Back
Top Bottom