"Not good enough future planning"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lmaobob

Wind Up Merchant
Reaction score
Heard this phrase being mentioned quite a lot recently and it's starting to do my head in. (Listening to the Blades Ramble Video from last night and it's all I ever hear him and his viewers say)

I genuinely believe that the lack of "future planning" is quite largely down to Hecky rather than the owner. We never had these "future planning" issues under Wilder. I remember when Wilder would proactively get players to sign new contracts halfway through the season, when was the last time Hecky got a player to sign a new contract throughout the season? I genuinely cannot recall

The board have noticeably signed a lot of young, unknown, unproven players and have claimed that they are players for the future... yet fans continue to state that there is a lack of future planning going on at the club. How can there be a lack of planning whilst we are signing players for the future?

For all we know, the Ndiaye and Berge contract situations - we might have had an offer on the table for months/years but the players clearly had their hearts set on leaving. Norway's manager effectively demanding he leaves Sheff United, Ndiaye getting tapped up by Marseille.

We're in the Premier League for the second time in a few years, clearly the club is being run terribly!

Suggesting that Hecky is responsible for not offering new contracts to players is laughable.

There's plenty here that think, or want, Hecky to be in control of everything to do with contract extensions, transfer decisions, etc etc rather than just coaching the team, so it's understandable that some would think that

How on earth is it Heckys fault ?
I doubt very much he deals with the ins and outs of contracts, you need to point the finger elsewhere, preferably in and around the chocolate starfish.

Wilder was allowed to be more hands on with things like recruitment and offering new contracts to players. Hecky is upfront in his role being different, he is essentially a head coach in all but name. He tells the board who he would like to sign and who he wants to keep but as we've seen this summer, at the end of the day he works with what they give him.

How on earth is it Heckys fault ?
I doubt very much he deals with the ins and outs of contracts, you need to point the finger elsewhere, preferably in and around the chocolate starfish.
Is that racism?

The points made are pointless. Using Wilder as an example is hardly an endorsement as most of his time signings didnt cut it.
Money is the key and the club has struggled through most of last season and without prem money would now be in dire straights.

Illyman was basically told sign for Marseilles now or it will be never as next season he would be worth £50m and PSG or similar super clubs
would outbid Marseilles. He made wrong choice for his career in my opinion skipping a go in Premier league but probably right choice
for his quality of life and family so I am not judging him. As for Hecky his hands and feet have been tied with embargoes, lack of clear funding.

If the recent threads have any truth, the possible 3 incomings before window closes makes Blades a much more formidable unit. Hold our own until January and
hope new ownership allows January window to ship out Fleck, Brewster & Lowe and buy better quality otherwise we are working with a 20 man squad allowing for a couple of the youngsters to develop.

The points made are pointless. Using Wilder as an example is hardly an endorsement as most of his time signings didnt cut it.
Money is the key and the club has struggled through most of last season and without prem money would now be in dire straights.

Illyman was basically told sign for Marseilles now or it will be never as next season he would be worth £50m and PSG or similar super clubs
would outbid Marseilles. He made wrong choice for his career in my opinion skipping a go in Premier league but probably right choice
for his quality of life and family so I am not judging him. As for Hecky his hands and feet have been tied with embargoes, lack of clear funding.

If the recent threads have any truth, the possible 3 incomings before window closes makes Blades a much more formidable unit. Hold our own until January and
hope new ownership allows January window to ship out Fleck, Brewster & Lowe and buy better quality otherwise we are working with a 20 man squad allowing for a couple of the youngsters to develop.
Wilder got us promoted from mid-table league one to the premier league in 3 seasons and you're saying "most of his time signings didn't cut it". Give your head a wobble

Ili wouldn't have been sold for £50m next year as he didn't sign a new contract.

Wilder got us promoted from mid-table league one to the premier league in 3 seasons and you're saying "most of his time signings didn't cut it". Give your head a wobble

Ili wouldn't have been sold for £50m next year as he didn't sign a new contract.
His signings once in the Premier league were appalling. Before that, shit hot..... really big fall off. UTB

His signings once in the Premier league were appalling. Before that, shit hot..... really big fall off. UTB

I always thought his signings were a bit hit and miss even in league one and the championship. He clearly struck gold with the good ones but I think as soon as he had money, thats when the not so good ones became costly.

Ryan Leonard, James Wilson x2, Ricky Holmes, Clayton Donaldson, Chris Hussey, Samir Carruthers, Ben Woodburn etc.

What I would say is that at least when they werent working they didnt stick around long but once you start spending money and a few of the transfers dont stick. You’ve got a problem.

There will never be any future planning when we are running on premier league money cause our owner is skint

Whilst he is here we are running on “house money “ like we were last time

The most worrying thing for me is that the noises now seem to say the Prince doesn't want to actually sell as per his mouthpiece on twitter El Accounto

The bloke just needs to sell and put the club first

If we go down which is likely , we are back to where we are

Just go prince and ride off into the sunset

Surely the reason for the late planning is obvious.

The owner (The Prince) is guilty of sleeping at the wheel.....the reason is because he was selling the club.
So he's not going to make major decisions for a business he's about to hand over.
Surely you would delay all major decision to allow the new owner to make the big decisions....as it would be their club.

I suppose the actual issue is
At what stage did he think or know the Dozy deal was off and did he take into account we might not have new owners over the Summer.
He's finally started giving attention to his club (SUFC) but could he have done it earlier?

Going to give you credit for announcing you are a wind up merchant and then getting responses from your attempt

Fair play

Heard this phrase being mentioned quite a lot recently and it's starting to do my head in. (Listening to the Blades Ramble Video from last night and it's all I ever hear him and his viewers say)

I genuinely believe that the lack of "future planning" is quite largely down to Hecky rather than the owner. We never had these "future planning" issues under Wilder. I remember when Wilder would proactively get players to sign new contracts halfway through the season, when was the last time Hecky got a player to sign a new contract throughout the season? I genuinely cannot recall

The board have noticeably signed a lot of young, unknown, unproven players and have claimed that they are players for the future... yet fans continue to state that there is a lack of future planning going on at the club. How can there be a lack of planning whilst we are signing players for the future?

For all we know, the Ndiaye and Berge contract situations - we might have had an offer on the table for months/years but the players clearly had their hearts set on leaving. Norway's manager effectively demanding he leaves Sheff United, Ndiaye getting tapped up by Marseille.

We're in the Premier League for the second time in a few years, clearly the club is being run terribly!
Ohhhh dear………🥴

You do realise that they have meetings before the start of a new season? I very much doubt the prince said to PH 'oh by the way we're going to sell our two biggest assets a week before the start of the season so you might want to find some replacements'. Only the board to blame in all of this.

I always thought his signings were a bit hit and miss even in league one and the championship. He clearly struck gold with the good ones but I think as soon as he had money, thats when the not so good ones became costly.

Ryan Leonard, James Wilson x2, Ricky Holmes, Clayton Donaldson, Chris Hussey, Samir Carruthers, Ben Woodburn etc.

What I would say is that at least when they werent working they didnt stick around long but once you start spending money and a few of the transfers dont stick. You’ve got a problem.
I think Wilders transfer business on average was excellent. People seem to think he signed the likes of Morrison, Rodwell and others expecting them to tear the league apart. He made alot of signings where they were either cheap gambles or squad players. He had to do this and it made sense. Like any manager he didn't have 100% success, Brewster was a very bad call. I could probably list here his signings that were just out and out bad. It would be too long to list the "big success" and "did the required job" list.

Which manager has a transfer record that isn't hit and miss? I can make similar criticisms about every club and manager. We made a profit on Leonard, Donaldson was spot on value for the pence we paid for him and Woodburn was a loan.

Am I the only one who isn't blaming anybody within the club?

We're short of brass and agents and players want the best deal for themselves (not Sheffield United); I'd say that covers 90% of the reasons we're still looking to get players in.

Just to check then

Good = Board/owner
Bad = anyone else

Am I about right?

Which manager has a transfer record that isn't hit and miss? I can make similar criticisms about every club and manager. We made a profit on Leonard, Donaldson was spot on value for the pence we paid for him and Woodburn was a loan.

The point I’m making is that it doesnt matter so much when you’re not spending a great deal but when it comes to having money, it’s obviously more costly for the club.

Of course no manager is perfect but I’m saying Wilder’s strike rate was pretty similar before we were in the Prem compared to when we were actually there. It gets brought up more often that his transfer dealings tailed off because of the greater financial risk.

If he had stayed then he would have signed the deal ( that he agreed to) his value to us as a sellable asset could have trebled pushing OM out of the running

I think I get why there are so many posts for HRH to go on here. just take a look at the rest of the local clubs around here's records while he's been owner and compare.
Perfect, he isn't, but results and excitement wise, he is the best owner IMO we've had in many years.
So just remember when your reading some of these (in the knowers) put downs, their motives are not allays what they claim them to be.
and all the rest are just plain wrong..... ;)

I genuinely believe that the lack of "future planning" is quite largely down to Hecky rather than the owner. We never had these "future planning" issues under Wilder.
Utter bollocks, Wilder left us with a team that was generally too old for premiership football.
Since Heckingbottom came in we have seen more youngsters play for us than we did in the previous 10 years.
You obviously aren't a Hecky fan, but going forward we are in a much better position than we were under Wilder.
Illiman was never going to stay no matter what we offered him.
Just one other thought it is possible that we haven't offered some players new contracts because Hecky doesn't think those players are the future of the club.
I may be wrong, but I bet most fans are pleased with swopping Berge for Hamer.
Wait until the end of the transfer window and then decide where we are.

If he had stayed then he would have signed the deal ( that he agreed to) his value to us as a sellable asset could have trebled pushing OM out of the running
You need to look at it from the players point of view.
Any really good young player isn't going to sign a long term contract with a championship team. Once they get international recognition their value goes up, but you still have the problem that we were, at that time, not a premiership side.
To be fair to the lad he is now playing for his childhood team. He could most probably have got a better deal for himself elsewhere, but chose OM.
At the end of the day, you can't make a player sign a contract, especially if they have an agent working for them that knows what he is doing.

Prince has bitten off more than he can chew and he's no where near wealthy enough to run a premier league club.
He thought he could do it with associates buying in post McCabe and they have never materialized.

What he's found is that selling the club is difficult because anyone interested in a championship club (which is what we are realisitcally) only buys them on the provisions they could be a premier league club (not for one season - i mean established) and generate the new owner money. They dont come with the clout to fund it.

Whilst he is waiting to sell he wants the best output for the cheapest cost. Only trouble for him whilst ever he holds us back the worse we look and the less chance of anything getting done. This next week could essentially need to be our best transfer window ever within 7 days based on logical decisions.

In terms of Berge and N'diaye i genuinely think these needs to be swept under the carpet now it's boring. Berge was never going to stay - he was missold the dream when we were top half in the prem before the balloon burst and credit to him for not forcing a move that was always inevitable - he even told the club he had no interest in staying but carried on playing with his head down. it was the clubs decision to get rid of him whilst he had some value.

Genuinely think Illy was different - they did try to keep him but he didn't want it, he held the cards.

End of

Clubs still here - certain players aren't

by the way we are in a far better and safer position than we were last year thanks to Hecky and Co bagging promotion.

Yes the Princes ownership has had many millions pumped into the squad and club via TV money that dwarfs anything we were used to yet other than one training pitch and media facilities upgraded very little infrastructure changed although he made a fair bit of noise about it at one stage.

On the pitch? The failed United World project has hurt that

Back
Top Bottom