"Not good enough future planning"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder got us promoted from mid-table league one to the premier league in 3 seasons and you're saying "most of his time signings didn't cut it". Give your head a wobble

Ili wouldn't have been sold for £50m next year as he didn't sign a new contract.
I was referring to Wilders dealings in the Premier league and Ilyman was on verge of signing a blades contract if he had stayed so I stand by my opinion of your of your post. Easy to spout off without knowing anything that goes on and acting like Prince has deep pockets and owes it to us.

You do realise that they have meetings before the start of a new season? I very much doubt the prince said to PH 'oh by the way we're going to sell our two biggest assets a week before the start of the season so you might want to find some replacements'. Only the board to blame in all of this.
So Prince somehow has a crystal ball and could predict the events leading up to summer camp and week following, several months previously. Ily was not honourable although best player ever at Bramall Lane. His agents, French media maybe his wife all pulling him to go back to France and Marseille and until they came back from Portugal it looked like his head was still at the blades. If Prince could predict that in his previous months "meetings" with Hecky he should give up Princedom and go work and work as Mystic Meg Abdullah Al Saud etc for the Sun or Mirror.

As for Berge, he is over rated one dimensional with turning circle of a tanker and the incomings are far better going forward so good business decision for me.
3 quality forwards, winger attacking midfielder like Macatee and Archer and way better window than anybody could have expected.

So Prince somehow has a crystal ball and could predict the events leading up to summer camp and week following, several months previously. Ily was not honourable although best player ever at Bramall Lane. His agents, French media maybe his wife all pulling him to go back to France and Marseille and until they came back from Portugal it looked like his head was still at the blades. If Prince could predict that in his previous months "meetings" with Hecky he should give up Princedom and go work and work as Mystic Meg Abdullah Al Saud etc for the Sun or Mirror.

As for Berge, he is over rated one dimensional with turning circle of a tanker and the incomings are far better going forward so good business decision for me.
3 quality forwards, winger attacking midfielder like Macatee and Archer and way better window than anybody could have expected.
So why can't we hold off on selling N'Diaye until we get somebody else in? What benefit is selling our best player with no replacement? If we get 3 forwards and an attacking midfielder before the end of the window I'll retract any bad statement I have made about the prince.

Don't think I have ever seen a player as big as Berge be so ineffective both in the air and in a tackle, add to that the fact the he lacks pace and is very one footed I'm surprised that we got anything for him.
Swopping Berge for Hamer which is basically what we have done, could be the best bit of transfer business we have done for years.

A final comment from me on this topic and many similar recently on this forum.
I can only assume these naysayers and doom merchants allegedly supporting Sheffield United are really sheep escaped from moors thinking grass is greener in next field as they have a different chairman or are run by a collective of hollywood superstars promising riches such as Leeds.
You only have to look across the city to see what you might be wishing for ie an owner with money who cant make astute management decisions.
In the absence of a silicon valley billionaire Sheffield born saviour, I would be happy for Prince to remain if he is fronting a saudi collection of wealthy individuals as long as there is money to compete with at least half of the clubs in Premier league.

The sheep on the this site with negative vibes please fuck off into next field.

So why can't we hold off on selling N'Diaye until we get somebody else in? What benefit is selling our best player with no replacement? If we get 3 forwards and an attacking midfielder before the end of the window I'll retract any bad statement I have made about the prince.
Need the money to wheel and deal

I think it's just the fact that we've been in a poor financial position with uncertainty over the long term ownership of the club so we've not offered the contracts we might normally have to some of our key players/assets. As far as I've seen Hecky has reiterated several times his desire to offer contracts whenever it's been asked of him.

It's also quite hard to offer new deals when you're at the top end of the championship and don't know whether you'll get promoted or not. That dramatically affects the finances and decisions on which players would be useful to you over the coming years.

We seem to have ended up in an ok position and have steered well clear of the worst case scenario. If I remember correctly there was someone who posted a look at the contract situation for 24/25 and our squad was basically Anel + Brewster + youngsters whereas now that we've brought in a few permanent signings things are looking a lot healthier for next year. Promotion helped ease the financial strain and securing parachute payments if we do go down allows us the ability to commit to these deals for the next few years.

Last edited:
Also, really if we are being honest, which players would we want to be offering contracts too?? Stay in the Prem and not many who are out of contract in 12 months are likely to be regular starters the following season, we'd be looking to upgrade. Go down, how many of them do you want for another shot at championship or do we go with the younger element??

Resale value there's probably only McBurnie and if he does ok (big if) Brewster that have any kind of sellable value i.e. 5-10m of the out of contract players, so dont need to be offering contracts willy nilly. Obviously a risk involved that the players might not put themselves about a la Lunny, but that's just a risk we'll have to take.

As the bloke who halted the decline and won 2 promotions, Wilder held the power in the relationship and got what he wanted as a result.

Hecky on the other hand was brought in to align with the aims of the owner in reducing the wage bill and blooding youth, he’s also only the “football team manager” in the words of Yusuf.

I imagine where we find ourselves is worse than Hecky was told from a financial perspective and he’s doing his best to work within tight parameters.

Blaming him for the direction of the club is bollocks though.

If he had stayed then he would have signed the deal ( that he agreed to) his value to us as a sellable asset could have trebled pushing OM out of the running
If is the key word mate. It didn't happen

I was referring to Wilders dealings in the Premier league and Ilyman was on verge of signing a blades contract if he had stayed so I stand by my opinion of your of your post. Easy to spout off without knowing anything that goes on and acting like Prince has deep pockets and owes it to us.
Oh right, you are Mr ITK - I don't know what's going on at the club, but you do. Gotcha

We bought Hamer and Souza not long after he went. Yeah not like for like signings but two very much needed centre midfielders. You think the fans would have been happy with selling Ndiaye even closer to the end of the window????

We bought Hamer and Souza not long after he went. Yeah not like for like signings but two very much needed centre midfielders. You think the fans would have been happy with selling Ndiaye even closer to the end of the window????
Oh come on, we needed them players as well as Berge and N'Diaye. Why does it even have to be closer to the window? Everyone knew the contract situation, it's not even about selling him, its about a plan going forward. You can't go the majority of pre-season playing with a system and players you expect will be here come start of the season, replace them then think that everything will just carry on as normal. Players take time to settle, players need to get up to match speed. Its piss poor management. I'm not having a go at the players or PH the way they played second half against Forest has given me some hope going forward I just cant understand how anyone is defending the board at this point.

Oh come on, we needed them players as well as Berge and N'Diaye. Why does it even have to be closer to the window? Everyone knew the contract situation, it's not even about selling him, its about a plan going forward. You can't go the majority of pre-season playing with a system and players you expect will be here come start of the season, replace them then think that everything will just carry on as normal. Players take time to settle, players need to get up to match speed. Its piss poor management. I'm not having a go at the players or PH the way they played second half against Forest has given me some hope going forward I just cant understand how anyone is defending the board at this point.
Because the grass isn't always greener elsewhere and we are currently in the Premier League. Wipe the tears away from your face and just try and enjoy watching Sheffield United this season. Who gives a fucking shit

I can only assume these naysayers and doom merchants allegedly supporting Sheffield United are really sheep escaped from moors thinking grass is greener in next field as they have a different chairman or are run by a collective of hollywood superstars promising riches such as Leeds.
You only have to look across the city to see what you might be wishing for ie an owner with money who cant make astute management decisions.
In the absence of a silicon valley billionaire Sheffield born saviour, I would be happy for Prince to remain if he is fronting a saudi collection of wealthy individuals as long as there is money to compete with at least half of the clubs in Premier league.

"Stop wanting nice things you cunts. Look at that dead bloke over there. At least you aren't him"

It's football ffs. In what world is wanting your team to be better an issue? Also, it's words on a page. If that's upset you, close your eyes

Because the grass isn't always greener elsewhere and we are currently in the Premier League. Wipe the tears away from your face and just try and enjoy watching Sheffield United this season. Who gives a fucking shit
Who gives a shit? Maybe the fucking fans who don't want us to get hammered every week. Not going to be a clapper just because we're in the premier league some fans have aspirations of us staying in it and becoming an established team.

"Stop wanting nice things you cunts. Look at that dead bloke over there. At least you aren't him"

It's football ffs. In what world is wanting your team to be better an issue? Also, it's words on a page. If that's upset you, close your eyes

It’s a great laugh to hear these negotiations knowsnowts, sell your best player then look around to see what’s available, fucking marvellous stuff…

Prince has bitten off more than he can chew and he's no where near wealthy enough to run a premier league club.
He thought he could do it with associates buying in post McCabe and they have never materialized.

What he's found is that selling the club is difficult because anyone interested in a championship club (which is what we are realisitcally) only buys them on the provisions they could be a premier league club (not for one season - i mean established) and generate the new owner money. They dont come with the clout to fund it.

Whilst he is waiting to sell he wants the best output for the cheapest cost. Only trouble for him whilst ever he holds us back the worse we look and the less chance of anything getting done. This next week could essentially need to be our best transfer window ever within 7 days based on logical decisions.

In terms of Berge and N'diaye i genuinely think these needs to be swept under the carpet now it's boring. Berge was never going to stay - he was missold the dream when we were top half in the prem before the balloon burst and credit to him for not forcing a move that was always inevitable - he even told the club he had no interest in staying but carried on playing with his head down. it was the clubs decision to get rid of him whilst he had some value.

Genuinely think Illy was different - they did try to keep him but he didn't want it, he held the cards.

End of

Clubs still here - certain players aren't

by the way we are in a far better and safer position than we were last year thanks to Hecky and Co bagging promotion.
Well we should be mate .Hope the prince is using the prem money on putting the club on a better financial footing . Hecky has done a great job and is responsable for saving us from a black hole despite having the rug pulled from underneath him on a number of occasions . I think most Blades would understand and support the board if they knew this was the case .We have not gone overboard in the transfer market paying only small amounts for our incomings and the sale of our two valuable players have covered most of them . We will just have wait and see how we stand after the season financially to see how safe we are.

Do you know when these wealthy Saudis are arriving ?

You do realise that they have meetings before the start of a new season? I very much doubt the prince said to PH 'oh by the way we're going to sell our two biggest assets a week before the start of the season so you might want to find some replacements'. Only the board to blame in all of this.
I doubt that the Board are solely responsible for what has happened this summer. Hecky wanted to keep the squad together (including Sharp and Enda) and the board said no, hence the reason for us releasing those 2, he also wanted to keep Fleck which soon backfired with his injury. We only have a 25 man squad limit remember.

The players we signed and want to sign are the players Hecky wants so if these players don't work out for us then that's his call.

I get why people want to put 100% of the blame on the Board and the Prince but Hecky has to take some of that blame as well given some of the decisions he has made.

Don't think I have ever seen a player as big as Berge be so ineffective both in the air and in a tackle, add to that the fact the he lacks pace and is very one footed I'm surprised that we got anything for him.
Swopping Berge for Hamer which is basically what we have done, could be the best bit of transfer business we have done for years.

But we didn’t get him in before Berge left so that fully negates your otherwise sensible post……

The bloke needs to find a buyer first though.

And one who is a billionaire, that doesn't mind loosing a shed load of money every year to keep some of the fans happy.

Do you know any ?

Not necessarily there were talks of a Saudi consortium which would be decent

There a plenty of owners richer than our current one

The problem with the prince is rarely at Bramall; Lanehe is not bothered about the finances. he wants to go. Fair enough however he states he will find a new chairman before the transfer window shuts. we have heard nowt in the past couple of weeks so he wat his cake and eats it and wants to stay on the board. e point in that what the point in that he is skint. the sooner he goes the better

Back
Top Bottom