My Take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In order to reply I have watched the extended highlights. In those there are several penetrating passes (forward) including the interchange with Ndiaye which almost gave us a goal.
The moment I liked best was when he challenged for a header(badly) but then stuck into a strong challenge, won the ball and played a really good ball down the wing.
I fully understand your frustrations at the rest of his performance in this match and others, but I don’t think he was any worse than several other players and on balance was “average”.
I will be interested to see his attitude and performance on Saturday when he has a big stage to showcase his oft hidden talents.
Yes it will be interesting to see his attitude at wembley ,cus in a way he cant win now . If he turns up people will rightly ask why he has had so many performances where he just jogs around and plays safe for us , rather than trying to really influence the game . And if he just looks as anonymous as usual some will rightly say we thought he needed better class opposition to bring out the best in him , good luck with that though cus City dont give anyone time to get their head up usually , they are the perfect example for him , not only are they top players ,but they usually work harder than most as well.If money is going to be tight , i would sell him for any decent offer to fund a couple of hard working proper midfielders who give their all and dont frustrate fans and team mates alike . Good player wasting his talent

100%. I wonder if Brooks and Coulibaly benefitted from the Spurs game. Yes, I bet they learned more in that match than ten U 21 ones. Saturday could be massive for their career and personality development. In the unlikely event of it breaking them, better we and they find out fast.
Again horrible take. If you can't see how playing against top top level opposition and seeing how they do things, and how sharp you have to be and how they operate - then you don't have the smarts to be a top professional.

At the start of my track career I raced Linford Christie and got blown away. Learnt more from that defeat than 20+ other races...

For me, I think the differences in player ratings between people are their recollections of the 2 halves of the game. I think most of the players were poor (bordering on dogshit for some) 1st half, but we saw a vast improvement 2nd half.
For example, I thought Berge was awful 1st half, but was borderline excellent 2nd.

Very accurate report.

When Norwood and Billy came on - we improved massively- the temperature was raiised- more movement and urgency.

As for McBurnie- please can we end it right now- Can't run, can't shoot, can't head sorry 0/10 - he was absolute garbage.
But he can fall over/dive in the most fucking obvious manner.

Do you report everybody who has a go at you? Maybe the SUTV team should report you for calling them names too.

Maybe they should. Are they on here?

Secondly, would you describe them as anything else when they have gleefully taken cash of your fellow supporters and (a few times now this season) failed to deliver without so much as a refund?

I'll wait ...

pommpey

For me, I think the differences in player ratings between people are their recollections of the 2 halves of the game. I think most of the players were poor (bordering on dogshit for some) 1st half, but we saw a vast improvement 2nd half.
For example, I thought Berge was awful 1st half, but was borderline excellent 2nd.
SOME player ratings are decided pre game!

100%. I wonder if Brooks and Coulibaly benefitted from the Spurs game. Yes, I bet they learned more in that match than ten U 21 ones. Saturday could be massive for their career and personality development. In the unlikely event of it breaking them, better we and they find out fast.
On a similar note, I bet McAtee learnt more from Luton Away than any other game!

I'd rather learn that Coulibally isn't ready than Fleck is past it!!!

Good report Pommpey again shite in the first half a lot better in the second half. start like that against Man City in the first half we will get a reght pasting.However, i am hopein for the magic of the Fa Cup and a reght shock.

That first half was dire to say the least,shocking..the only thing we excelled in was finding a yellow shirt.
2nd half much better..the lads at the back were really good,George was brilliant at RWB,better from Lowe aswell.
Midfield,i thought Sander played well 2nd half,but Mcatee on for Fleck was the spark,and another excellent finish following great work from Illy.
Thought McB struggled,Illy was good as usual and Billy and Jebbo did ok off the bench despite that sitter.
Not done yet,but nearly there now.

Physically he ticks all the boxes, and under strict instructions can do a job, but I'm not convinced about his long term viability at the top level...
My frustration with Lowe, and why he's not currently a top defender, is that he seems happy enough to get a foot in. A top defender is getting that foot in and also looking to steer the ball towards some advantage: a team mate or a throw in won.

Came on for 15 minutes , played 3 fantastic passes amongst his breaking up the opposition, interceptions and tackles. Look at the twitter live report on the right. I do doubt you watched all the game.

He also had a few BCFC moves characteristically drift past him without much of a challenge and clumsily legged over their player in a threatening place near our box late on. So yeah, I watched it all.

5/10.

pommpey

Yes it will be interesting to see his attitude at wembley ,cus in a way he cant win now . If he turns up people will rightly ask why he has had so many performances where he just jogs around and plays safe for us , rather than trying to really influence the game . And if he just looks as anonymous as usual some will rightly say we thought he needed better class opposition to bring out the best in him , good luck with that though cus City dont give anyone time to get their head up usually , they are the perfect example for him , not only are they top players ,but they usually work harder than most as well.If money is going to be tight , i would sell him for any decent offer to fund a couple of hard working proper midfielders who give their all and dont frustrate fans and team mates alike . Good player wasting his talent

We're not going to have the ball for long periods too, so be interesting to say how he does chasing shadows.... I'm genuinely fascinated by how he copes with that. If he gives up pressing against Bristol City, then after an hour of Man City at Wembley, he'll need oxygen

McBurnie is rubbish. Sick of hearing he tries . Runs about ( he doesn’t ) Holds up well ( he doesn’t ) Defends corners well. He does but he is supposed to be a goal scorer FFS . Get rid ! Also get rid of Jimmy Fleck

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say he's rubbish, but there's a discussion to be had (probably in July sometime when we're bored shitless) about styles and whether certain players suit how we'll ideally be playing.

I've come to the conclusion that's the issue with Berge too. He's obviously talented but his style doesn't suit what we need from a centre-mid. Never has done. At first it looked like he'd come in to replace Norwood, but instead he replaced Lundstram - and Lundstram's lung busting style was one of the reasons we finished 9th...

With McBurnie and Berge (and Norwood now) they slow the play down, and I just think in 2023 that's not conducive to how we're going to be successful...

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say he's rubbish, but there's a discussion to be had (probably in July sometime when we're bored shitless) about styles and whether certain players suit how we'll ideally be playing.

I've come to the conclusion that's the issue with Berge too. He's obviously talented but his style doesn't suit what we need from a centre-mid. Never has done. At first it looked like he'd come in to replace Norwood, but instead he replaced Lundstram - and Lundstram's lung busting style was one of the reasons we finished 9th...

With McBurnie and Berge (and Norwood now) they slow the play down, and I just think in 2023 that's not conducive to how we're going to be successful...
All three immediately take the impetus out of any attack, so currently no exaggeration to say we need McAtee and Ndiaye to do it all, aided by Baldock, who cannot cross a ball to save his life, or Lowe, otherwise the ball goes aimlessly back, sideways, lose ball.
Recycle. Anel was a huge attacking asset. No longer am afraid.

Back
Top Bottom