McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Despite a couple of nice touches, once again he jogged in the general direction of whoever had the ball and never got close. He was the freshest player on the pitch but ambled around like he'd played every minute and was cramping up.

I get the idea was to bring him on to hold the ball up and provide some sort of outlet while also helping defend corners etc but the effort was minimal. He came on in the 90th minute to defend the lead and should have been busting a gut. Surely it's not much to ask a pro footballer to run for 9 minutes?!

I'm not blaming him for the equaliser but I'd like to! He certainly played a part

Despite a couple of nice touches, once again he jogged in the general direction of whoever had the ball and never got close. He was the freshest player on the pitch but ambled around like he'd played every minute and was cramping up.

I get the idea was to bring him on to hold the ball up and provide some sort of outlet while also helping defend corners etc but the effort was minimal. He came on in the 90th minute to defend the lead and should have been busting a gut. Surely it's not much to ask a pro footballer to run for 9 minutes?!

I'm not blaming him for the equaliser but I'd like to! He certainly played a part
Wilder said he could only do 10 minutes. Not sure if he meant because he was injured or that's all he got...!

I thought he did well in his little cameo tonight actually. Was a focal point for the boys to hit and he held the ball up really well.

He clearly wasnt fit and I can appreciate some thinking he is a waste of time with the amount of time he misses through injuries etc, but I've always thought there is a player there with McBurnie. He needs to cut out the silly stuff re asking for free kicks and getting involved in grappling opponents etc and get properly fit. If he can he could still be a very important player for us yet. Also, credit where it's due. He probably could have missed the game today altogether with injury but he's clearly put his arm up to volunteer to play and give us a cameo performance. He didn't have to do that but he has. He frustrates me at times but tonight wasn't one of those times. He did well.

How the hell is he injured again, he's just had 2 games off. The guy really is a complete waste of of space, hopefully we'll jettison him in January
I'm sure we could find a half decent striker with a brain who doesn't spend most of his time injured or suspended - but can we finance him with what we'd get for McBurnie ?

He was brought on to have a couple of nice touches, hold the ball up and win a few free kicks, which he did. Definitely wasn't brought on to run around chasing the ball when they had possession so carry on with the witch hunt, don't let the fact that you don't know what you're talking about stop you.

Thing is, he chases down a ball he’s never going to get and then he’s 20 yards out of position.

It was clear to see he was brought on to hold the ball up and draw fouls (which he did) and for his aerial presence if they got set pieces and corners.

Spot on, on at least three occasions he could have stopped or broken up Villa from moving out of their half and launching head on attacks. Instead he ambled, your word and a very accurate one, making no headway on the opposition player carrying the ball into Blades half.
This at a time when after, being on their knees, Villa, were just starting to put it together and get back on their feet. If he wasn't fit, shouldn't have been there. McBurnie is adequate in defence, as proved, so if he had to be subbed on, shove him at the back, not as much running and only for ten minutes, and let Bogle, able to run around with eye for goal, go up front.
What ever, WELL PLAYED BLADES, pleasure to watch even though a some what siege mentality but that had to be.

McBurnie did just fine tonight especially considering he is half crippled at the moment.

I'm sure we could find a half decent striker with a brain who doesn't spend most of his time injured or suspended - but can we finance him with what we'd get for McBurnie ?
What do you think we'll get for a out of contract in the summer player and who would come in on the same wages and do better. That's my dilemma

He was brought on to have a couple of nice touches, hold the ball up and win a few free kicks, which he did. Definitely wasn't brought on to run around chasing the ball when they had possession so carry on with the witch hunt, don't let the fact that you don't know what you're talking about stop you.
He lost 75% of his ground duels and 100% of his aerial duels. He changed the match, as usual, in a negative way. I feel he's played pretty well recently but his recent excursions have been poor.

He lost 75% of his ground duels and 100% of his aerial duels. He changed the match, as usual, in a negative way. I feel he's played pretty well recently but his recent excursions have been poor.

Where did you get those statistics, are they 100% accurate or 75%? 100% bollocks if you ask me but hey, it's the season of good will to all men so I'll let you look for some bad in what was overall a pretty decent performance whilst I'll just enjoy the day.

As with Fleck, there appears to be 2 of them. The one who gives everything and the one who has never played football.
It seems he's reverted to the latter again.
The "can't be arsed, trotting around" version is back.
Gerrim selt.

As with Fleck, there appears to be 2 of them. The one who gives everything and the one who has never played football.
It seems he's reverted to the latter again.
The "can't be arsed, trotting around" version is back.
Gerrim selt.
Think it’s all connected to injury, what’s the latest issue does anyone know?

Where did you get those statistics, are they 100% accurate or 75%? 100% bollocks if you ask me but hey, it's the season of good will to all men so I'll let you look for some bad in what was overall a pretty decent performance whilst I'll just enjoy the day.
It was a great performance of course. Screenshot_20231223-173049.png

Whether it's through lack of strength or brains or fitness or injuries , his contribution over 4 years has been underwhelming.

We should have signed a tall athletic striker in the summer so that we were not so reliant upon him.
If you rely on McBurnie you're going to come unstuck.

But we signed tiny Traore.
Chuffed if I know what justified that crazy decision.
And then got Archer , who needs a tall athletic partner.
Talk about a muddled approach to recruitment.

Then Jebbo disappeared and Brewster never returned.

We've been plagued by poor decisions and bad luck with strikers for years.

It's like the club sits their with its fingers crossed hoping McBurnie & Brewster & Jebbo will suddenly become ever-present in-form strikers.
And Osula will suddenly gain 2 years of experience in 2 months.

If we give McBurnie another contract , we will only have ourselves to blame.

Back
Top Bottom