Mcatee Doyle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't there myself but the old fella was. He certainly enjoyed that bit of theatre given to the Lane faithful by TC. That itself was revenge for AB doing it to TC the previous season when we lost 5-0. Following season, 5-0 to the Blades ( I think we were 4 up after about 20 mins weren't we?) and TC doing that to AB was just the icing. Apparently Ball just laughed ruefully and knew the score. Fair play to him for that.

Have got to start every game. The difference in the midfield tonight pace,vision,determination was there for everyone to see. UTB
Except pal, they're often tired/not fit. Also, they've hardly been pillars of consistency.

I get your point though, I really rate them both. Would like to keep them both in theory.

McAtee 100% should start every game now

Doyle maybe more like 50%,rotate him with Norwood, as that already seems to be his best position

Wasn't there myself but the old fella was. He certainly enjoyed that bit of theatre given to the Lane faithful by TC. That itself was revenge for AB doing it to TC the previous season when we lost 5-0. Following season, 5-0 to the Blades ( I think we were 4 up after about 20 mins weren't we?) and TC doing that to AB was just the icing. Apparently Ball just laughed ruefully and knew the score. Fair play to him for that.
Not the previous season

January 1972 - Ball sat on the ball
October 1972 - Ball sent off
September 1973 - TC sat on the ball

Except pal, they're often tired/not fit. Also, they've hardly been pillars of consistency.

I get your point though, I really rate them both. Would like to keep them both in theory.
Imagine what they could do if they get a decent run of say 10 games under there belt together. I’ve been saying for 2 years now Fleck/Norwood just don’t do it for me in the middle there’s just no I’ve got your back go for it get forward it’s complete the opposite with them Norwood goes backwards not forward when was the last time Norwood/Fleck made runs into opponents box like Mcatee did on Wednesday. Or even both of them score in the same game?I’d personally give them the shirt on Sunday let them do the business and bring Norwood/Fleck on later in the game to see the games out

Might make sense to start them two again on Sunday, in the same midfield that started at Sunderland, to try and cement that trio as a regular option for the remaining games

There's surely merit to that. But it would also make sense starting Norwood and Fleck for rotation and fitness building purposes

Also Baldock needs to start every game now. As well as being defensively better than Bogle, he understands how to graft and also has the experience of 2018/19 so reckon will be one of the ‘leaders on the pitch’

I think one method will work for a bit and then a different line up. Do they believe they can go up? At times yes and hopefully after sunlun then all of them should.

Hoping to.see both Doyle and mcatee but worried doyles fitness issues might prevent that
Sure hecky made some comment Bout two games at full throttle causing him problems

tc and ball were good mates and often drank together on england trips was at both those games halcyon days being a blade

Back
Top Bottom