McAtee - Does an opportunity arise?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
Whilst he may be a young lad and in an earlier stage in his career that a large percentage of the squad, you could argue that his more recent xperiences, exposures and achievements are far greater than the old boys in the camp.

With McBurnie suspended, I would like to see McAtee switched back into the middle of the park and given an organiser role. Give him a bit of freedom and allow him to work out in both directions linking up play and giving usmore intent through the middle of the park.

For me, Norwood hasn't been overly great of late and I would be willing to rest his legs tonight....I don't see a role for fleck either.

How would you set up midfield? If playing Liverpool doesn't get Vini Souza's
Juices flowing, nothing will. I'd play him in that holding midfield role, in front of the defenders and allow Hamer and McAtee a bit more of disciplined freedom.

I saw someone say yesterday that McAtee could play the Duffy role and I feel that myself.

Just that I can't see us playing that system in the PL, especially as Wilder is back and how he changed to a flatter three before at this level.

Whilst he may be a young lad and in an earlier stage in his career that a large percentage of the squad, you could argue that his more recent xperiences, exposures and achievements are far greater than the old boys in the camp.

With McBurnie suspended, I would like to see McAtee switched back into the middle of the park and given an organiser role. Give him a bit of freedom and allow him to work out in both directions linking up play and giving usmore intent through the middle of the park.

For me, Norwood hasn't been overly great of late and I would be willing to rest his legs tonight....I don't see a role for fleck either.

How would you set up midfield? If playing Liverpool doesn't get Vini Souza's
Juices flowing, nothing will. I'd play him in that holding midfield role, in front of the defenders and allow Hamer and McAtee a bit more of disciplined freedom.
Removing Fleck and Norwood with McB missing leaves gaps for McAtee and Souza and ……? Do we play Osula with Archer or add another body in midfield ?

I saw someone say yesterday that McAtee could play the Duffy role and I feel that myself.

Just that I can't see us playing that system in the PL, especially as Wilder is back and how he changed to a flatter three before at this level.
How about the McGoldrick role instead then - play him in a more advanced free role and give him the task of linking midfield and attack.

I like McAtee but he hasn't the stamina for a full 90 minutes and fades badly in almost every game that he starts.

He's played 47 league matches for us and managed to complete 90 minutes twice.

Having said that he has to play as skillwise he's a cut above the alternatives

Macca as a 10.

McAtee isn't very good at receiving the ball back to goal. If you can't do that, you struggle to play as Duffy did, or indeed Didzy. He's got loads of great attributes but you need great decision making for that role as well, something both aforementioned players developed as they got older. In fact, Duffy was a winger until his age 30 season and had played 100's of games. It's not as simple as just learning a new role overnight

He's currently much better as a counter attacking wide AM. Have him hanging around in spaces towards the half way line when we are defending and try to get him the ball to run with.

Last edited:
wouldnt suprise me if wilder didnt start with osula and archer up top with maybe archer dropping a bit deeper and using osula for the outball with his height and pace

My MOTM for me.

Nipping in breaking up play and starting counters.

Good accurate passing and strong dribbles.

Hopefully that puts to rest anyone wanting to send him back in January

He's magic with the ball at his feet. The penalty shout is classic McAtee somehow finding a gap where there seems to be none

Back
Top Bottom